Track Cycling

theone

Azizulhasni Awang is only 20 years old. 12 years younger than Chris Hoy. He's definitely the one to watch in the coming years. He's good for the next 3 Olympics at least ;)

Edited by theone

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the British cycling team were in amazing form from the World Champs in Manchester, but this is just crazy...they're on fire.

Apparently there were whispers with the other cycling countries in Manchester that we had 'peaked' too soon. I guess they didn't reckon on the GB team having a body suit that is the equivalent of the new one in swimming.

The British Cycling team is absolutely phenomenal. Amazing to watch.

I suspect if the success continues on the track, combined with Rowing/Sailing/Canoeing/Equestrian/BMX & Track & Field still to come, Great Britain could come third overall in the Medal Table, which would surprise many. (what with the Russians underperforming)

Edited by Michelle®

Chris Hoy and Victoria Pendleton remain on course for Olympic success after making a great start to their two sprint campaigns.

Hoy, cycling for his third gold, and his fellow Briton Jason Kenny both went through to the second round with ease.

Pendleton also set a new Olympic record as she topped the women's standings.

I'm proud of the Malaysian track team. We were once nowhere on the cycling map. Suddenly Josiah Ng entered the Athens keirin final. Then suddenly a few years after that, we were suddenly the best track team in Asia, winning multiple gold medals at the Asian Championships.

Now in Beijing, we've made our mark at the world stage. Hopefully in London we'll be really fighting for gold medals.

Azizulhasni Awang again, made his name known, by qualifying for quarterfinals in the men's sprint. Unfortunately he'll meet Chris Hoy tomorrow :(

Edited by theone

The British Cycling team is absolutely phenomenal. Amazing to watch.

I suspect if the success continues on the track, combined with Rowing/Sailing/Canoeing/Equestrian/BMX & Track & Field still to come, Great Britain could come third overall in the Medal Table, which would surprise many. (what with the Russians underperforming)

Top European nation on the medal table overall after this amazing weekend and there is so much more still to come next week. The sky's the limit now.

Top European nation on the medal table overall after this amazing weekend and there is so much more still to come next week. The sky's the limit now.

Seems a tad unreal to me somehow.I keep thinking I'm going to wake up any second and think...damn, it was just another bloody dream!! :lol:

It's such a refreshing change at last to see British sportsmen and women finally going a long way to achieving their potential.Long may it continue (or don't bother waking me up)!!! :)