Swimming

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they started playing the wrong one too, but just for a few seconds.

I thought that too. Then when the audio went out, I just thought NBC was just going to have a cut out of audio for a moment (since that happens sometimes on the HD channel for live events), but then everyone started laughing. I've noticed that NBC has returned to show another medal ceremony live, but that was likely already planned to not show until the late night session perhaps?

Well, pity about Grant Hackett, but in truth, even though he's a big sentimental Aussie favourite at these games he's been getting a bit long in the tooth lately and Beijing was perhaps a games just too late for him. Still, he's still got the 1500m to go, and if he gets that against the odds, he'll truly enter legendary status here.

But apart from that, a great first night for Oz tonight, not only with Rice's Gold and the relay gals' bronze (I thought they did brilliantly to come from seventh after the second swimmer to go into the last two laps in third),but our two winds in the two Butterfly semis.

And a good spread of the medals overall, with one each to USA, Korea, Australia and The Netherlands.

And Michael Phelps! The guys already a legend. It was great to see him so confidently and easily take the first hurdle towards what could be an all-time great Olympic record.

Edited by Sir Roltel

Singapore might actually have a chance in winning a medal in the pool ! Singapore's Tao Li finished 3rd in her heat and 4th overall in the Women's 100m Butterfly semifinals today ! The finals will be held tomorrow.

Good Luck Singapore! I was very impressed with Li

So Michael Phelps wins his first Gold Medal. I am so rooting for him because I want to see Ian Thorpe eat his words! <_<;)B) And to wipe the smirk of Mark Spitz's face!

And then, the organizing committee, who payed millions of dollars to host the opening, can't figure out how to work an iPod, or whatever they are using and screws up our National Anthem during the medal ceremony. <_<

Edited by LA84

Same procedure as at the last Olympics, dear swimmers? -No, same procedure as at the last four Olympics, dear German swimming fan!!

Helge Meeuw (ER-Holder) OUT in the heats

Sarah Poewe (ER-Holder) OUT in the heats

The German Swimming Federation is the biggest (memberwise) Swimming Federation in the world. But Dagmar Hase has won the last gold medal in swimming for Germany in BARCELONA 1992 !!!!

What are they doing wrong again and again?