Swimming

nykfan845

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Phelps is now up there with Paavo Nurmi, Carl Lewis, Mark Spitz and Larysa Latynina as winner of Nine Gold Medals.
I am so tired of the Michael Phelps story, BORING!.

Yes, of course I understand. Unless this was someone named Jean Pierre Pelletier from Canada then of course, you would expect the whole world to be enthralled.

:P

Edited by LA84

new Zealands Moss Burmester has qualified for the Mens 200 m Butterfly final tomorrow! This is our first Olympic swimming finalist since Danyon Loaders Gold medal in 1996! Fingers crossed for a medal!

The Bay Area's Natalie Coughlin cruised to an early lead in the 100-meter backstroke, taking gold in the same event she won at the last Olympics, becoming the first woman to do so. Bravo!

I have to include the medal ceremony. Natalie is from where I live, Vallejo, Ca. We don't have much to celebrate now because the city is bankrupt. But she has given us a huge shot in the arm. Thanks Natalie. B)

Natalie Coughlin Medal Ceremony

Edited by LA84

Am I the only person that feels there are too many medals in Swimming? And whilst the achievement of Phelps can't be denied, it is much easier for someone like him to gain lots of Gold Medals, and therefore have an added advantage of becoming a legendary Olympian.

Am I the only person that feels there are too many medals in Swimming? And whilst the achievement of Phelps can't be denied, it is much easier for someone like him to gain lots of Gold Medals, and therefore have an added advantage of becoming a legendary Olympian.

1972 had 15 mens events

2008 has 16 mens events (not counting marathon)

The only difference is 50m freestyle which Phelps does not participate.