Brisbane 2032

This is continuation of the Brisbane 2032 thread which commenced on 24 October 2018 with the report of Matt Carroll, CEO Australian Olympic Committee addressing the National Press Club in Canberra.

In that speech, Matt Carroll announced support for a bid from Brisbane for the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.

….  as they say, the rest is history.

How Redlands will benefit from the 2032 Olympics - 18Nov21 - 4BC

“Redlands City Council mayor Karen Williams has been granted a spot on the powerful Brisbane 2032 Olympic organising committee.”

“She told Scott Emerson she was “ready to get to work” and said the Olympics will bring some important infrastructure to keep up with the region’s growth.”

8 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

That may have been my fault. I was deleting some spam counterfeit passport threads the other day and I accidentally flagged AustralianFan as the spammer. Only GBModerator could undo that.

I do apologise profusely to @AustralianFan, sorry for that and hope it didn’t cause you too much anguish. So sorry if it also deleted any of your posts.  And thanks for reporting spam, but in future DO NOT POST ON ANY OF THOSE THREADS. It can cause all sorts of probs if you do.  You don’t need to tell them they’ve been reported and we’ll find them anyway - they’re not exactly subtle.

Thanks Sir Rols.

I have reported spammers on gamesbids.com several times over the years.

I was reporting to everyone else that the “Spam had been reported”.

This lets everyone else in the Gamesbids community know that the spam had been reported.  That’s all.

What has happened now, in the same week that I contracted covid here in melbourne, the entire Brisbane 2032 thread has disappeared.  

Can the Brisbane 2032 thread be recovered Sir Rols?

17 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Unfortunately, that’s beyond my user privileges. You’d have to request GBModerator. I don’t know if it’s technically possible or not. Cross fingers.

Wish you a speedy recovery from Covid. Hang in there.

Thanks Sir Rols.   We both, my partner and I, have had a scary bad week since testing positive a week ago, but thanks to the daily checkins and care at home by the excellent Royal Melbourne Hospital team, we’ve both turned the corner and enjoying our first full day of feeling normal, wanting to eat and tasting what we eat and drink.

But back to the Brisbane 2032 thread, do you know the best way to contact a GB Moderator?

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

Mon, 22 November 2021

To GB Moderator

I hope you’re well.

I would like to enquire and request that the Brisbane 2032 threads be recovered and reinstated on Gamesbids.com please.

In doing my community duty and reporting suspicious spam activity on Gamesbids.com has somehow led to the entire 3 years of Brisbane 2032 threads, amounting to nearly 2,000 posts many of which tracked the build-up and awarding of the Games, being deleted.

Suddenly all gone, all that history from the very first Brisbane 2032 post on 24 October 2018 through to the exciting 3-year historic build involving nearly 2,000 posts tracking to the Host Vote on 21 July 2021. 

I know several fans here are disappointed it has suddenly disappeared, no-one more so than myself.

Please please try and receover this thread.  It was the very first Games awarded under the new system and astounded me as much as anyone else.

It’s historic and I hope you can please please retrieve and restore Brisbane 2032 from backup files or cloud, etc.

Sir Rols apologised for accidentally deleting the Brisbane 2032 thread.

I am now asking to please please do what you need to do to recover and reinstate the important Brisbane 2032 threads, please.

Warm regards,

AustralianFan

42 minutes ago, GBModerator said:

Unfortunately the thread is not recoverable.  In order to protect the server from potential viruses, threads posted by flagged spammers (even if accidental) are immediately purged.

Sorry about that.  Thanks for continuing to contribute to the forums.

20 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

So are you saying that Gamesbids.com,  a long-standing high profile Olympic blog site such as Gamesbids.com don’t have any data backups systems / cloud backup of any kind?

12 hours ago, GBModerator said:

Our server is backed up regularly by our service provider, but only a full restore is available.  If we were to restore the data it would come at the expense of other updates that have occurred since, and with effort and cost.

There is no simple way to reintegrate a single thread, even from our local backups.

Again, we are really sorry about this.

3 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

There is no simple way to reintegrate a single thread, even from our local backups.

Again, we are really sorry about this.

such a shame. might have been a good chance ot move it from the Bids sub forum to the Olympic Games sub forum given the games have been awarded

15 hours ago, Tejas57 said:

such a shame. might have been a good chance ot move it from the Bids sub forum to the Olympic Games sub forum given the games have been awarded

good idea, I’ve just requested this.

15 hours ago, Victorian said:

This is ridiculous. Who deleted it?

One of the GB Administrators accidentally deleted the entire thread.

Brisbane Olympics 2032: Qld to be events capital of Australia

Sport Minister Stirling Hinchliffe has thrown his support behind Queensland hosting more major events in the lead-up to the 2032 Olympics, after The Sunday Mail revealed a push for the city to bid for the 2026 FINA World Swimming Championships as a trial.

• Like 1