Questions thread...

Rob2012

Don't know what London is planning, but if you have a smartphone or tablet, bring it. VANOC had free wifi for the 2010 Games at each venue so you can Facebook, Tweet, look up stats and info all you want. Also, VANOC had a iPhone app that you could download for free. It was updated with results, changes and info. Sure beats carrying around scads of paper.

Here's my 2 random questions.

1) Does anyone know when/if London will release their official spectator guide like there's been in the past?

2) At the venues each day, are programs/drawsheets/scoresheets/whatever you want to call them available?

1) Will be sent with tickets by LOCOG and would probably release online around June

2) Full program already available in the online shop (pre-order). Regarding daily programs... it depends ! Athens had one every day covering programs of the day for all events + all entry lists of the day sold for 5 euros. I did not find something similar in Beijing....

Based on prior Olympics, I feel safe assuming that the fast majority of food will be both overpriced and crap. With long line to get it.

The exceptions will be for (1) venues with existing decent food service options (I've got hope for Wimbleton, maybe Wembley) or (2) VIP's.

Let's hope LOCOG proves me wrong, but I don't have a lot of hope. The only time I've ever been plesently surprised with Olympic food/beverage was the cheap but decent beer they had at all venues in Beijing.

My the big question on Olympic Park is not how late you can stay - they can't really kick you out so you can stay as long as you like - but how early before you event they will let you in.

I second this. The food is generally mediocre to poor. Maybe it will be better in London, but history dictates that eating elsewhere is your best bet.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question that hopefully can be answered and will be updated as we get closer to the games.

I have heard people in other threads talk about places such as the Deutches Haus Fan Fest and also the Heineken Holland House. I would like to know if anyone can get into these places or do you have to purchase tickets to get in?

If you do have to puirchase tickets, how are you able to do this?

And lastly, are there any other of these venues that will be in London during the games and where will they be located (in the Olympic Park, near other venues, etc)?

Thanks

I have a question that hopefully can be answered and will be updated as we get closer to the games.

I have heard people in other threads talk about places such as the Deutches Haus Fan Fest and also the Heineken Holland House. I would like to know if anyone can get into these places or do you have to purchase tickets to get in?

And lastly, are there any other of these venues that will be in London during the games and where will they be located (in the Olympic Park, near other venues, etc)?

Thanks

Let's have a dedicated thread for that... I will start it with the "Club France"....

Thanks

For Heineken Holland House you have to buy a daily ticket (10euros + 2,50 for shipping) even if you are a Holland resident.

Ticket is good for all day long with possibility of exit and return.

They issue 4000 ticket for each day and the limit date to purchase them was March 31th.

I personnally got somes for three differents days (11th, 12th and 13th) but probably only use the one for the 13th (for watching there the Closing Ceremony)

In Beijing it was an other story. Only having to show a non-chinese passport.

Concerning all the other places, no tickets required but expect long waiting line.

In Vancouver there was at some times a 2 to 3 hours waiting time to go to the most popular ones (Irish House, German Fan Fest and Heineken Holland House)

• 2 months later...

I was also wondering if I could take a dslr camera with a simple 50-250mm lens into the Olympic venues. Came across this blog today:

http://lensesforhire...2-olympics.html

You are allowed to take camera phones, compact cameras and DSLRs into Olympic and Paralympic venues as long as the equipment fits into a bag no bigger than 30 x 20 x 20cm. .... Tripods and flash photography are not permitted within the venues.

See what fits into a box measuring 30x20x20cm:

http://lensesforhire...lympics_08.html ;)

Archived