Black Londoners oppose the London Bid

Last weekend a poll on a London black music radio station and a Black Internet site showed that, given the costs regarding the projected increase in council tax, the vast majority of black Londoners are opposed to the London Olympic Bid.

I do not know where the Mayor of London and London2012 get the information that the majority of Londoners support the bid. The 2012 team have never done a survey giving Londoners the facts with which to make an informed decision.

I suspect most Londoners would oppose the bid when they realize how their tax will increase.

The cornerstone of the London’s Olympic bid is the claim that London is a multi – cultural city.

Try telling that to most Black Londoners who experience institutional racism – every day.

If we are so multi-cultural, how is it that there are no black companies supporting the 2012 bid and why is there only one token Black person on the London 2012 board (Dalton Grant)?

The live 8 concert in London was a classic example of the reality of multi-cultural Britain. There were no African musicians on the London stage. They were all banned from playing London and instead sent 200 miles away to play in Cornwall. This was indeed musical- Apartheid.

Only one black Londoner performer  (Ms Dynamite) was allowed on to the London stage, and this was only as a result of the criticism of black organizations and the MP Dianne Abbot.

As it happens, Ms Dynamite made the most perceptive political statement on the Live 8 stage; that the real debt is the one owned TO Africa by western governments such as Britain  that have raped and pillaged African countries for years.

In contrast to London, the Philadelphia and Paris concerts were truly multi-cultural. They even allowed black British singer Craig David to perform. Not surprisingly, there were virtually no black people in the audience at the London concert.

You are a silly cow aren't you? I went to the Hyde park gig and saw tons of Black people/Asian people etc... In fact I went with a mate and his Sri-Lankan GF. The whole ticketing system was RANDOM... Do you know what that means? You don't represent anything Pam. You're just a sad b!tch with an attitude problem.  :laughlong:

Here is the multi-cultural London 2012 board

The London 2012 Board

Chairman - Lord Coe OBE; Vice Chairman - Charles Allen CBE;  

Vice Chairman - Barbara Cassani;

Vice Chairman - Charles Allen CBE;  

Vice Chairman - Alan Pascoe MBE

Dr Derrick Anderson CBE

Chief Executive - Keith Mills

Sir Howard Bernstein

Mike Brace OBE

Lord Carter

Neale Coleman

Dalton Grant ..... (token black)

Lord Paul of Marylebone

Sir Matthew Pinsent CBE

Mike Power

Neil Wood Sir Robin Wales; Mary Reilly Sir Steve Redgrave  

Craig Reedie; CBE Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal

Definately another Troll...

When a black british competitor crosses the line or boxes his way to a medal, we don't hate them because they are BLACK......

WE Love them because they are BRITISH!!!

The biggest threat to racist segregation in any country, is the fact that you all play the race card, and that's your biggest downfall.  You have a big chip on your shoulders, now get HIPPY, and start LOVIN!!!!!"

Why is it that white people such as Bono, Lord Scarman, McPherson can speak up on behalf of blacks and use terms such as ‘institutional racism, but when we attempt to speak up for ourselves we are insulted and accused of having a 'chip on our shoulder'. I suppose you are right Martin Luther King, Mohamed Ali, Malcolm X and Mandela all have /has a chip on their shoulders.

Are we ever allowed to raise the issue of the lack of black representation in Parliament?

This reference to Troll…is this another name for a black person? I suppose it must be better that being the nig.er in the woodpile.. perhaps.

Silver Quote: ‘When a black British competitor crosses the line or boxes his way to a medal, we don't hate them because they are BLACK......’

But do you love them when they take your council flat, your job or marry your sister/brother?

When we win you medals we are British, but if we do anything wrong we are Black imigrants

Why is it that white people such as Bono, Lord Scarman, McPherson can speak up on behalf of blacks and use terms such as ‘institutional racism, but when we attempt to speak up for ourselves we are insulted and accused of having a 'chip on our shoulder'. I suppose you are right Martin Luther King, Mohamed Ali, Malcolm X and Mandela all have /has a chip on their shoulders.

Are we ever allowed to raise the issue of the lack of black representation in Parliament?

This reference to Troll…is this another name for a black person? I suppose it must be better that being the nig.er in the woodpile.. perhaps.

Silver Quote: ‘When a black British competitor crosses the line or boxes his way to a medal, we don't hate them because they are BLACK......’

But do you love them when they take your council flat, your job or marry your sister/brother?

When we win you medals we are British, but if we do anything wrong we are Black imigrants

I think its best if you leave this forum. You're obviously upsetting youself and angering everyone else. You have nothing of real importance to say anyway, and the whole bid process ends tomorrow anyway. Do yourself a favour and p1ss off...

Last weekend a poll on a London black music radio station and a Black Internet site showed that, given the costs regarding the projected increase in council tax, the vast majority of black Londoners are opposed to the London Olympic Bid.

I do not know where the Mayor of London and London2012 get the information that the majority of Londoners support the bid. The 2012 team have never done a survey giving Londoners the facts with which to make an informed decision.

I suspect most Londoners would oppose the bid when they realize how their tax will increase.

The cornerstone of the London’s Olympic bid is the claim that London is a multi – cultural city.

Try telling that to most Black Londoners who experience institutional racism – every day.

If we are so multi-cultural, how is it that there are no black companies supporting the 2012 bid and why is there only one token Black person on the London 2012 board (Dalton Grant)?

The live 8 concert in London was a classic example of the reality of multi-cultural Britain. There were no African musicians on the London stage. They were all banned from playing London and instead sent 200 miles away to play in Cornwall. This was indeed musical- Apartheid.

Only one black Londoner performer  (Ms Dynamite) was allowed on to the London stage, and this was only as a result of the criticism of black organizations and the MP Dianne Abbot.

As it happens, Ms Dynamite made the most perceptive political statement on the Live 8 stage; that the real debt is the one owned TO Africa by western governments such as Britain  that have raped and pillaged African countries for years.

In contrast to London, the Philadelphia and Paris concerts were truly multi-cultural. They even allowed black British singer Craig David to perform. Not surprisingly, there were virtually no black people in the audience at the London concert.

79% of Londoners, be they black, white, yellow, pink etc. support the bid. Even the lowest poll result across an accurate cross section (i.e. not just black people, old people, women etc.) shows 68% public support, still a good majority.

Your claim that "if people knew the facts they'd be against it" is ridiculous. The facts have been known for well over a year and journalists scrutinsing the bid have been on the TV, in the national newspapers and on the radio. Maybe you don't like the bid, but you are in a 21% minority.

A troll btw is not a derogatory term for a black person. It is a term for someone who comes on internet forums to stir up trouble. You are clearly paranoid.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy live8. I thought it was great but then you can't keep everyone happy all of the time I guess.

I suppose you are right Martin Luther King, Mohamed Ali, Malcolm X and Mandela all have /has a chip on their shoulders.

No they had a point back then, in times which racism, and segregation was rife.  Now times have improved, and we all take each other on merit and treat everyone the same, not on what they look like, or where they come from.

Course you can, it's a free democratic world, with freedom of speech.  Infact a Big Brother Contestant at the moment called Derek, is a big hit here at present.  There's talk of him becoming an MP when he gets out of the BB house.

I never knew Troll referred to a black person.  And I certainly wasn't using it in that context.  I just thought it was someone who constantly spammed a message board, with the desire to disparage another person/bids.  See Robert Henson's guide to what being a Troll entails.

Gold Quote: Again, I love anyone who puts on a British Olympic Jumper and puts in their best possible achievement, whether they are victorious or not!  And they could be white, black, yellow, purple for all I care.

Er, Derrick Anderson - another token black.  Do you only know the famous sporting black people?

Original post proven to be erroneous and unnecessarily provocative.  Moderator - please delete!!!

When a black british competitor crosses the line or boxes his way to a medal, we don't hate them because they are BLACK......

The biggest threat to racist segregation in any country, is the fact that you all play the race card, and that's your biggest downfall.  You have a big chip on your shoulders, now get HIPPY, and start LOVIN!!!!!"

Those black folks sure do run well. One doesn't really want them on the board of one's organization, does one?

Those black folks sure do run well. One doesn't really want them on the board of one's organization, does one?

Who said that? Apart from you just then?

well we can't all be like Paris, and chase Oprah, who is one of the most wealthy and powerful inidviduals in the world out of their store....

Many non-caucasian artists were contacted with regard to appearing at Hyde Park. Most didn't respond. In fact, Ms Dynamite almost didn't get on the bill because she was often incommunicado when the organisers really needed to speak to her.

I think it's a bit rich anyone using the race issue as a reason to oppose London's bid when over the channel a far-right Nazi-sympathising bigot gets to run for president, and 5.5 million people actually vote for him!

Is Youssou N'Dour not an African musician then? Infact, did you even watch live8?

Youssou N'diour was also in Paris,he went to London so as to represents Africa.

You are so agressive with Pam,she  only reports a poll and she is treated like ####,I think it is dramatic the agressivity

You should be ashamed

And I am laughing about London is a multicultural city :cry: Paris is certainly as far as multicultural than London even more ,the difference is that we don't use that like an argument.Paris is known like the capital of the World Music...so...5.5 millions of foreigner in France 3.6 millions in UK

10millions of people for Paris whose 30% are foreigner that to say 3 millions more than 200 nationalities are represented

7 millions of people live for London

Isn't it a bit ironic that Pam speaks of membership of the London bid committee, and all you come up with is those fabulous black athletes?

Of course they're fine for winning you medals, but god forbid they should actually expect to be part of any decision-making body.

You are so agressive with Pam,she  only reports a poll and she is treated like ####,I think it is dramatic the agressivity

You should be ashamed

And I am laughing about London is a multicultural city :cry: Paris is certainly as far as multicultural than London even more ,the difference is that we don't use that like an argument.Paris is known like the capital of the World Music...so...5.5 millions of foreigner in France 3.6 millions in UK

10millions of people for Paris whose 30% are foreigner that to say 3 millions more than 200 nationalities are represented

And I am laughing about London is a multicultural city

Why? What's so funny?

Pam's comments are a broad sweeping generalisation which should be judged as just that...a generalisation.

To state that London's black population oppose it's bid is simply ridiculous.

There exist opinions For and Against all of the Olympic bids regardless of Race, Creed, Colour.

Whatever next? "Only London's Gays Support the Bid"   :shocked:

Isn't it a bit ironic that Pam speaks of membership of the London bid committee, and all you come up with is those fabulous black athletes?

Of course they're fine for winning you medals, but god forbid they should actually expect to be part of any decision-making body.

How many black people are on the Paris2012 executive board?

You should be ashamed

And I am laughing about London is a multicultural city
Why? What's so funny?

You are right it is not funny but pathetic this ethnocentrism ,Ok you are alone on your island but not in the world ,don't believe you are the only to be open.Pathetic since France could have the same cornerstone for its bid:a multicultural city more than London...

Why is this even an issue?

I'm sure the London team were chosen because of their skills and it just happens that there is no black representation. To be honest, I hadn't even noticed until you pointed it out.

Would you prefer if a couple of black faces were introduced just for the sake of it? Would that make you happy? No..of course it wouldn't because then London 2012 would be accused of tokenism.

FFS!! It really annoys me when racial issues are raised when they are not even relevent to the situation! It happens far too often for my liking. Nobody would suggest London is discrimitory if, for example, it had no homosexuals or Jews on its team. Why is this different for ethnic minorities?

I think it's sad that some of the Gauls have jumped on this bandwagon as an opportunity to criticise London. Very sad indeed.

Archived