Rotation In Effect?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brazil with beautiful people, growing economy coupled with abundant of summer. what else is comparable to hosting the Summer Olympic in a place of abundance? Hehehe... Even if heaven falls am in support of RIO 2016. There's nothing wrong in hosting it in third world country. If that would be an excuse for the athletes to say they excell in best conditions only tells that they are not actually the right athletes winning the medals. The best will always stand best in any condition. Maybe largely based on a particular similar developed countries environment.Hehehe.. The athletes who actually won the best in third world are the actual best.

It's like am acting stupid here, Brazil has come of age, even it's more viable than the Greece that has hosted the Olympic twice. I thumb up for you, RIO 2016. Here you go again, Brazil FIFA champion of all time! It's your turn! Rotation is very important, and must be implemented for the benefit of all, most especially, for the third world countries.

You said it, j.

I said cos I seem to forget how valuable Brazil is when compared to some countries which have hosted.PERIOD! Learn to make sense of the whole sentence not just a clause, Baron. I thought you are from English speaking country or aren't you?

I said cos I seem to forget how valuable Brazil is when compared to some countries which have hosted.PERIOD! Learn to make sense of the whole sentence not just a clause, Baron. I thought you are from English speaking country or aren't you?

I filter out a lot of detritus and pick only the most salient thoughts and words. ;)

Brazil with beautiful people, growing economy coupled with abundant of summer. what else is comparable to hosting the Summer Olympic in a place of abundance? Hehehe... Even if heaven falls am in support of RIO 2016. There's nothing wrong in hosting it in third world country. If that would be an excuse for the athletes to say they excell in best conditions only tells that they are not actually the right athletes winning the medals. The best will always stand best in any condition. Maybe largely based on a particular similar developed countries environment.Hehehe.. The athletes who actually won the best in third world are the actual best.

It's like am acting stupid here, Brazil has come of age, even it's more viable than the Greece that has hosted the Olympic twice. I thumb up for you, RIO 2016. Here you go again, Brazil FIFA champion of all time! It's your turn! Rotation is very important, and must be implemented for the benefit of all, most especially, for the third world countries.

FIFA's experiment with rotation looks like it's going to be dropped with Sepp Blatter very uncomfortable having only one bid for the 2014 WC. Rotation can only work if you are certain you will get two or three nations bidding each time round; that way, in theory, the odds are you'll get a decent host each time.

The WC experiment has shown that not to be the case, and the IOC would be stupid to adopt a policy which, on only it's second cycle, has failed so spectacularly for a similar organisation.

There's nothing wrong in hosting it in third world country. If that would be an excuse for the athletes to say they excell in best conditions only tells that they are not actually the right athletes winning the medals. The best will always stand best in any condition. Maybe largely based on a particular similar developed countries environment.Hehehe.. The athletes who actually won the best in third world are the actual best.

No, the same athletes would probably win in both the developed and the 3rd world. But the better the facilities, the better the performances they can put in. And that's what high-level sports is all about, trying to excell and set records and be the all-time best. High-level sport is all about being better than your competitors in increments that get measured in thousandths of seconds. And watching it is all about hoping to see a performance that hasn't been achieved in history before. The better the facilities, the more chance of that happening.

I'm not saying a developing nation or a new nation shouldn't hold big events. I'm just saying that that can't be the only criteria at the expense of the best facilities possible. Giving such events to new regions and developing nations is a desirable and noble aim, but it shouldn't be done if that is used as an excuse to make up for shortcomings in other areas.

No, the same athletes would probably win in both the developed and the 3rd world. But the better the facilities, the better the performances they can put in. And that's what high-level sports is all about, trying to excell and set records and be the all-time best. High-level sport is all about being better than your competitors in increments that get measured in thousandths of seconds. And watching it is all about hoping to see a performance that hasn't been achieved in history before. The better the facilities, the more chance of that happening.

I'm not saying a developing nation or a new nation shouldn't hold big events. I'm just saying that that can't be the only criteria at the expense of the best facilities possible. Giving such events to new regions and developing nations is a desirable and noble aim, but it shouldn't be done if that is used as an excuse to make up for shortcomings in other areas.

Of course that won't be the only criteria.... in order to win, Rio should demonstrate that we can really do that.... and I think we can. And we'll show you that we can.

How, if u can't get on the short list? :blink:

Well, we coudn't in the past, you are right.... but if you don't know the difference between past and future, I'm not the one that is going to teach you. I'm talking about 2016... if you are still in 2012 and 2004, that's your choice.

Well, we coudn't in the past, you are right.... but if you don't know the difference between past and future, I'm not the one that is going to teach you. I'm talking about 2016... if you are still in 2012 and 2004, that's your choice.

Did I say that? :rolleyes: But really, seriously, if all the candidates said the same thing: how can u prove that u can do it -- then how would one claim be an edge over the others?

Did I say that? :rolleyes: But really, seriously, if all the candidates said the same thing: how can u prove that u can do it -- then how would one claim be an edge over the others?

No one here ever said that Rio has an edge over the others..... <_< I think that it's pretty obivious that we cheer for our city, Rio, and that what I really said is that I think that, now, Rio has better chances to go through the shortlist, and who knows, be elected to host the games. Don't you think the same about Chicago? Let me think it about Rio..... I have reasons to think that, and let's wait for the mini bid book to talk better about that. Besides... if I can't cheer for Rio, and anybody can cheer for their own city, there's no point in having a forum here.... we need to exchange ideas and points of view... the world doesn't need more prejudicial things.... we have enough of that....

But u just said here that "in order to win (therefore, to best the others), "Rio should demonstrate that we (you) can..."

in order to win, Rio should demonstrate that we can really do that.... and I think we can. And we'll show you that we can.

So THAT IS saying that Rio will have an edge over the others. And there's nothing wrong with that. I mean if that's what it takes to win, then fine.

But I go back to my main question: how CAN you demonstrate that -- when there is no practice Olympics? You either stage it or you don't. There is NO well, let us have a go at it first -- and then you can decide if we should get the Olympics or not.? :blink:

I'm just trying to understand your statement.

But u just said here that "in order to win (therefore, to best the others), "Rio should demonstrate that we (you) can..."

So THAT IS saying that Rio will have an edge over the others. And there's nothing wrong with that. I mean if that's what it takes to win, then fine.

But I go back to my main question: how CAN you demonstrate that -- when there is no practice Olympics? You either stage it or you don't. There is NO well, let us have a go at it first -- and then you can decide if we should get the Olympics or not.? :blink:

I'm just trying to understand your statement.

Well, what I said is that in order to win, to best the others, we have to present a good bid, that's it. Tehre is no practice olympics, but we have already hosted a really successfull pan am games (altough I know it's far from being the same thing), and we are hosting several big sport events (judo, gymnastics, swimming, soccer). Man, I'm not saying at all that Rio is better then the others... I'd never say that. But, as I cheer for it, I have to show others which positive aspects we have. That's it. Good that we are having a decent conversation...

Well, what I said is that in order to win, to best the others, we have to present a good bid, that's it. Tehre is no practice olympics, but we have already hosted a really successfull pan am games (altough I know it's far from being the same thing), and we are hosting several big sport events (judo, gymnastics, swimming, soccer). Man, I'm not saying at all that Rio is better then the others... I'd never say that. But, as I cheer for it, I have to show others which positive aspects we have. That's it. Good that we are having a decent conversation...

Thanks for the clarification, thorbr. I sort of knew where u were going with that. I was just giving u a hard time. ;)

We kid a lot here, if u haven't noticed. Not to take this while IOC/Olympics thing too seriously -- except Opening Ceremony!! :lol::lol:

These facilities you are talking about, Sir, Sir Toltel are feacible. This is among the very reason why the third world countries need to be taught how to put them in place not for the athletes to saying the conditions are not good enough to excell sounded not genuine rather fictitious. For examlpe the equipment use in recording the time depends so much on those who provide the product. So, I beleive IOC should be the one to start recommending equipment for use , if athletes so counted on that.

These facilities you are talking about, Sir, Sir Toltel are feacible. This is among the very reason why the third world countries need to be taught how to put them in place not for the athletes to saying the conditions are not good enough to excell sounded not genuine rather fictitious. For examlpe the equipment use in recording the time depends so much on those who provide the product. So, I beleive IOC should be the one to start recommending equipment for use , if athletes so counted on that.

I understand Omega has been the official Olympic timekeeper for many, many years, and any organising committee, if they didn't know already, would be advised of that very fast. Their deal with the IOC probablyy involves sponsorship and supply of the technology required.

As to what is required for other sports, the individual International Federations for the various sports are quite eexactying and finicky over what they will require the OCOG to supply. There's certainly no secrecy about it.

As to what is required for other sports, the individual International Federations for the various sports are quite eexactying and finicky over what they will require the OCOG to supply. There's certainly no secrecy about it.

Maybelline for all the sparkle and glitter make-up in Synchro Swimming and Gymnastix -- both men and women!! :lol:

I've reported to a moderator your comment "Stupid Cariocas"...

As usual, you generalize us...

What is your problem with "3rd world countries"? If a poor or developing country couldn't host a Olympic Games, why don't IOC putted a rule like "Only rich cities could host Olympics", huh?

I don't like to get here and read "Stupid Cariocas" You weren't nice...

Still sad!

Archived