Rio 2016 Olympic Park

God the British media are fucking pathetic.

Good god ignore the British Media - I do! Especially the mailonline!

Athens 4 months before the games

NRB9ojr.png

Beijing 1 year and 6 months before the games

kX2jRsb.png

London 1 year and 3 months before the games

wofqIne.png

Rio 1 year and 4 months before the games

qo2NRBJ.png

Rio will be ready on time - just like London - Beijing - Athens - Sydney etc. I guess at this stage London had finished all of their stadia - so that is what the mailonline has picked up on but is spinning the story somewhat.

The Rio complex is coming along well and will be stunning and the games will be a huge success - just as the World Cup was last year! Enjoy it - as the games will come and go soooo quickly! I loved London 2012 had the honour of being there and seeing it all - was one of the best experiences of my life!

Not saying the Mail is right (they usually aren't), but those aerial shots don't exactly help dispute their point. London and Beijing look to have virutally complete structures there, something Rio doesn't have on its park (the velodrome in Rio looks like it's only just begun!). And you can't use Athens as any kind of example.

If Rio thinks everything will be delivered on time, then obviously this isn't a problem of course.

Well, that's the first time I follow the development an Olympiad and the construction of an Olympic park. So I can not talk about the previous Olympics, but I can talk about the Rio.

I think the works of the olympic park had a fantastic evolution in a year, perhaps never seen in history. A year ago the olympic park consisted of only beams, earth and cement. Today we have all built arenas with lighting services and light almost complete, and some with seats.

June 2014

18781226660_cea7398834_b.jpg

May 2015

web_aerea_maio_complexoolimpico_barra_05

May 2014

14730959134_b515917f7e_k.jpg

May 2015

As everyone can see the progress has been amazing. The venues of the Rio Olympics just slow to start with the works because of brazilian bureaucracy, but after that the works come a long way. We are making an Olympiad in two years.

Well, that's the first time I follow the development an Olympiad and the construction of an Olympic park. So I can not talk about the previous Olympics, but I can talk about the Rio.
I think the works of the olympic park had a fantastic evolution in a year, perhaps never seen in history. A year ago the olympic park consisted of only beams, earth and cement. Today we have all built arenas with lighting services and light almost complete, and some with seats.
June 2014
18781226660_cea7398834_b.jpg
May 2015
May 2014
14730959134_b515917f7e_k.jpg
May 2015
As everyone can see the progress has been amazing. The venues of the Rio Olympics just slow to start with the works because of brazilian bureaucracy, but after that the works come a long way. We are making an Olympiad in two years.

When are the test events meant to be happening in the pool and the cycling track?

Do you mean in the aquatics stadium and in the velodrome?

Swimming - April 2016

Cycling Track - March 2016

• 2 weeks later...