Congratulations Chicago 2016.

Stu

It's probably not since September 2001 that America has had such goodwill towards it than it has today.

But this goodwill comes from pride and a worldwide will for a strong, peace-loving America; not pure sympathy. This is the world coming together behind the US for a great moment in history, not a tragic one.

With the election of Barack Obama for president of the United States, Chikago has now has a better chance of Tokyo, to get the organization Summer Olympic Games 2016.Ovo of today's new page for all democrats the world and ordinary citizens of the United States, opened a new capital in their history.

But this goodwill comes from pride and a worldwide will for a strong, peace-loving America; not pure sympathy. This is the world coming together behind the US for a great moment in history, not a tragic one.

I agree. Too, too true. Which makes yesterday's result, and the goodwill that has come from it, all the more inspiring.

My best guess for Obama's replacement would be Valerie Jarrett, a close Obama friend and top adviser, who could help Governor Blagojevich with blacks, women and the White House if he seeks re-election. Another pick could be Tammy Duckworth, an Iraq war veteran who narrowly lost a congressional bid and now serves as Blagojevich's Department of Veterans' Affairs director.

Jesse Jackson Jr.'s name has been floating around as well, but I am doubtful that he would be appointed. Don't get me wrong, he is far more credible than his father, but he has weaknesses that may not go over so well in a broader senate election in 2010. Tammy Duckworth seems to be a bit weaker on the experience front, but we will just have to wait and see.

Some even said the governor is considering appointing himself to the post, but his popularity is really low right now, and I think that would just make things worse for him.

Archived