Pics Of The Beijing Dome

rav3n

The IOC sessions. That is the new national theatre - if you look at the overhead shot you can see the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square and the Palace of Culture. When I hit Beijing in a few weeks I'll take more pix. I wonder how close to the Aqua Cube I can get?

ok cool thanks for that, what u heading to beijing for? make sure you take loads of pics!!!

Verry impressive stuff. You need to go to China to se those kind of things ^ ^.

And they don't need to bother with peoples opignons, either...

I saw a video on this theatre a while back this year. It is going to be amazing with the moat at night. Along with this the new CCTV (idk if that is the right lettering) Tower, Beijing will have some new landmarks not even for the Olympic Games.

And they don't need to bother with peoples opignons, either...

Yes well, that's why, at least until democritization (it will happen, it's just a matter of when; look at the USSR,) they will grow faster than the rest of us. *Prays for democritization in China and a President with more vision in America*

So which venue is this? God, it looks intimidating. No windows?
unless they're using trapdoors, it looks like 1 giant fire-trap. Where are the exits?

That's because after the Olympics it's very likely going to become a city centre Gulag.

Edited by Sweetwater-Texas

• 2 weeks later...

Most Beijing people HATE this design. It seems like a traditional Chinese TOMB in most eyes. Some said the French (the architect is a French) gave us this ugly stuff as a retaliation of the Chinese putting pyramids in front of their Louvre (the architect of those Louvre pyramids is a Chinese). Believe it or not. LOL. :P

Most Beijing people HATE this design. It seems like a traditional Chinese TOMB in most eyes. Some said the French (the architect is a French) gave us this ugly stuff as a retaliation of the Chinese putting pyramids in front of their Louvre (the architect of those Louvre pyramids is a Chinese). Believe it or not. LOL. :P

You mean I.M. Pei. But Pei is Chinese-American. And his "glass pyramid" at the Louvre works very well, especially with the vast 3-wing layout of the old Louvre. The "pyramid" even features prominently in THE DA VINCI CODE.

Edited by baron-pierreIV