2013 Confederations Cup

gotosy

Is Nigeria's squad already known? Or are they going to announce it after their qualifying match vs Namibia on the 12th?

Also, i want to share this blogpost with you. It's about how i will experience the ConfedCup this month compared to other tournaments.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A funny thing. FIFA said it would replace the bench at all stadiums and the press here criticized the venues saying that the stadiums were not in accordance with FIFA standard. Then FIFA came with these little red chairs and nobody say anything else.

Sem_t_tulo.jpg

FIFA is being widely criticized here due to its distribution system of tickets. There are people who bought category 1, the most expensive, and stayed in the corner, next to people who bought cheaper tickets . Also there were people with category 2 ticket, behind the goals, along with the category 4. FIFA also advised fans to schedule the withdrawal of the tickets on the site, however, in some offices, the queue for unscheduled people was much faster. In Brasilia, an issue forced FIFA to only release tickets for those who scheduled, but the site only allowed schedules from june 20, but the only match in the capital is on june 15. There are people saying that FIFA is deserving a nice "kick in the ass"

Charge_Jerome_Valcke_Copa_2012.jpg

Congrats for your answer and patience, Olympian2004. Thats the kind of behaviour people, sadly, still have to face in a machist country like Brazil. Its pure ignorance. Its easy to play the I dont know English well card to excuse such thing...

I didn't use that card, tho. I didn't even apologize. As I said: I don't know how can that offend anyone. Anyways, I still believe it's a girlish t-shirt. All the gay people I know that I asked they said they liked it. So I stand by what I said.

Anyways, don't be a girl. "Oh poor me, I live in a machist country". Grow up, dude or dudette. The world have prejudice against black people and you wont see me crying.

Nigeria miss flight to Brazil for Confederations Cup

Nigeria have missed their flight to Brazil because of a row over players' bonuses, BBC Sport has learned.

The Super Eagles are due to play their first match in the tournament on Monday but they remain in Namibia after Wednesday's World Cup qualifier.

Nigeria's players are unhappy after they were offered a $2,500-a-man bonus for the 1-1 draw in Windhoek , insisting they want double that amount.

And it appears they have refused to travel while the dispute continues.

It raises questions over whether the African champions will participate in the tournament which runs from 15-30 June.

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Aminu Maigari met the team on Wednesday night in Windhoek to explain to them that the organisation has no choice but to make drastic cuts in its expenditure.

Last week, local media reported there was a players' revolt in Kenya over the bonus when the Super Eagles beat the home team 1-0 in another 2014 World Cup qualifier.

The players wanted to be paid $10,000 each for the win in Nairobi but several officials rejected the claims.

The cash-strapped NFF has been forced to cut back on backroom staff of the various national teams, including the Super Eagles, after an expensive Africa Cup of Nations campaign in South Africa.

They had even considered pulling out of the 2014 Championship of African Nations (CHAN) for players in the local league because of poor finances before a change of heart.

Nigeria were due to fly out of Windhoek to Johannesburg on Thursday bound for Sao Paulo before continuing their journey to Belo Horizonte, venue of their opening match of the Confederations Cup against Tahiti.

BBC

I was thinking, Tahiti is ranked like 138 or less... I really won't expect them to win any matches, but I will LOVE to see Tahiti with one point at least... It's like a one in a lifetime chance for them.

It's so cool that soccer reaches out to every place in the world. a few decades ago soccer was strong among traditional countries but now the entire world is adopting it, it's just too many good teams now, and it's super hard to point a favorite. Of course we could say Spain , Netherlands, and Germany, but look at Bosnia(?) Montenegro(?) tiny tiny countries emerging that soccer power.

It's so cool that soccer reaches out to every place in the world. a few decades ago soccer was strong among traditional countries but now the entire world is adopting it, it's just too many good teams now, and it's super hard to point a favorite. Of course we could say Spain , Netherlands, and Germany, but look at Bosnia(?) Montenegro(?) tiny tiny countries emerging that soccer power.

They were part of the ex-Yugoslavia that was always a strong contender and a traditional country.

Stadiums are amazing, jealous of you Brazilians :( I hope you pull a memorable event.

Matches this weekend, Japan will win 1-0, Italy 2-1 to Mexico and Spain 2-1 Uruguay.

You are right, Montengro and Bosnia are already rising powers, hopefully both wil make it to Brazil. What about Israel? They are performing decent.

Not sure if Israel will qualify, it's coming in third behind Russia, and 1 point behind. Remember Russia tied with Brazil in a friendly match, but that 1 point difference could be topped quickly. I forgot to mention Belgium! It's doing superb in qualifications

Very nice opening ceremony, Brasilia Stadium looks gorgeous.

No Israel won't qualify, Russia has 2 les matches than the others. Russia qualyfies and Portugal to playoffs.

ButIsrael is progressing, in a near future we will se them in a Euro or WorldCup

Archived