Helsinki 2005

From what I can remember, it's something she's always done and when she tried to stop herself doing it, she didn't run as fast.

As much as we can enjoy her success today, this should not disguise the fact that there are real problems with British athletics right now and something has to be done sooner rather than later.

The talent is there but, for whatever reason, they are not delivering the performances that they are capable of. I'm pleased to hear Dave Collins talking tough but I also want to see action sooner rather than later.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final results:

High JumpM:

1 Krymarenko Yuriy UKR 2.32

2 Moya Víctor CUB 2.29

2 Rybakov Yaroslav RUS 2.29

800mM:

1 Ramzi Rashid BRN 1:44.24

2 Borzakovskiy Yuriy RUS 1:44.51

3 Yiampoy William KEN 1:44.55

5000mM:

1 Limo Benjamin KEN 13:32.55

2 Sihine Sileshi ETH 13:32.81

3 Mottram Craig AUS 13:32.96

4x400mM:

1 USA USA 2:56.91

(Rock Andrew,Brew Derrick,Williamson Darold,Wariner Jeremy)

2 Bahamas BAH 2:57.32

(McKinneyNathaniel,MoncurAvard,WilliamsAndrae,Brown  Christopher)

3 Jamaica JAM 2:58.07

(Ayre Sanjay,Simpson Brandon,Spenc Lansford,Clarke Davian)

MarathonW:

1 Radcliffe Paula GBR 2:20:57

2 Ndereba Catherine KEN 2:22:01

3 Tomescu Constantina ROM 2:23:19

JavelinW:

1 Menéndez Osleidys CUB 71.70 (WR)

2 Obergföll Christina GER 70,03 (ER)

3 Nerius Steffi GER 65.96

1500mW:

1 Tomashova Tatyana RUS 4:00.35

2 Yegorova Olga RUS 4:01.46

3 Ghezielle Bouchra FRA 4:02.45

4x400mW:

1 Russia RUS 3:20.95

(Pechonkina Yuliya,Krasnomovets Olesya,Antyukh Natalya,Pospelov Svetlana  

2 Jamaica JAM 3:23.29

(Williams Shericka,William Novlene,Smith Ronetta,Fenton Lorraine)

3 Great Britian GBR 3:24.44

(McConnell Lee,Fraser Donna,Sanders Nicola,Ohuruogu Christine)

Well, for the German camp there has been a few improvements and the officials believe, that the bottom line has been reached.

But no medals on the track, no medals in the jumping competitions. Germany seems to be a nation of throwers. No youngsters have impressed. All medal winners (with one exception) are over thirty. Franka Dietzsch the only gold medal winner is already 37.

The future is not so bright for the German camp.

France can thank God, that they have their colonies.

Well, for the German camp there has been a few improvements and the officials believe, that the bottom line has been reached.

But no medals on the track, no medals in the jumping competitions. Germany seems to be a nation of throwers. No youngsters have impressed. All medal winners (with one exception) are over thirty. Franka Dietzsch the only gold medal winner is already 37.

Again, what happened to the Marita Kochs, Heike Dretchlers,

Mariles Gohr for the 80s and early 90s?

Germany has all but disappeared from the world of athletics.

How can the most powerfull womens team with the GDR and West Germany combined during the 70s, 80s disappear from the face of the earth?

It must have all been steroids.

:(

DOM-TOM (overseas French territories) arent colonies. They're part of France. And if jealousy made you speak like that and eats at you, then why didnt your ancestors build boats to discover new lands instead of trying to invade the world and acting like barbarians? :rock:

,Aug. 15 2005,13:43Again, what happened to the Marita Kochs, Heike Dretchlers,

Mariles Gohr for the 80s and early 90s?

Germany has all but disappeared from the world of athletics.

How can the most powerfull womens team with the GDR and West Germany combined during the 70s, 80s disappear from the face of the earth?

It must have all been steroids.

:(

================================

That's it.  All their bodies fell apart.

cough napoleon cough

well going back both France and Germany would first settled by "barbarians", the Franks and the Germanic/Saxon tribes that also went into the British Isles

and to show who uninformed you are, Germany or what was than Germany had many, many colonies, not as many as France, Britain or Spain but more than Belgium or Portugal.

Germany had Schutzgebiete in Africa and in Asia including the following

German East Africa - present-day Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi

German South West Africa - present-day Namibia

German West Africa (only for a short time) - present day Cameroon, Ghana, Togo and Ghana

German New Guinea - Present-day Papua New Guinea

German Solomon Islands - present-day Solomon Islands

Caroline Islands - presdent-day Micronesia and Palau

Mariana Islands - Including Guam

Nauru

Marshall Islands

Samoa

Jiaozhou Bay

Tsingtao

Germany lost all of its colonies to Britain, the USA, and France in the Treaty of Versailles

Are you trying to give a history course when I've been taught all this in my first prep school year I've just achieved? I know nowadays Togo and Cameroon belonged to Germany and were given to France ( they were actually called "SDN-mandates") as a war sanction inflicted on Germany for the damage she had done to France, in November 1918, date of the Treaty of Versailles, ratified by the French National Assembly in July 1919. See, you're not teaching me anything.

By the way, you forgot other German colonies: nowadays Lebanon and Syria, also given to France under the name of "SDN-mandates", as a war reparation.

I know Germany used to have colonies also, but goethe seemed to be jealous and bitter that we still had overseas territories, while his country hadnt. He also insinuated that France's good results at Helsinki were only due to what he called "colonies" (which is a very derogatory and shocking word to qualify Guadeloupe, Martinique etc...) so my post was just meant to say his ancestors should have devoted more energy to overseas expeditions than trying to invade the whole world and act like barbarians. By barbarians I for sure was refering to the World's biggest tragedy, you know what.

Comparing Napoleon to Hitler shows how poor is your knowledge of history. Or maybe you're just saying that to bring France down, once more. You're moreover comparing 2 different moments of history. Well Napoleon never built any concentration camps, he never made any pre-organized genocide, he never talked about "under-men" or inferior races, and never gazed or tortured innocent and harmless people. That was just a little historical recall.

Let me eventually remind you that I defended Britain when a French user said concentration camps were invented by the British in India. Simply because that was unfair and wrong. Because that was also highly insulting for Britain and because I think Britain, who's always appeared to be a brave nation worried about justice and human rights, is far from the Nazis' atrocities. I even apologized for what he said and called it "unacceptable libel". So instead of comparing Napoleon to Hitler, you should have reacted like Zoltan, and realized that employing the word "colonies" was shocking. Also realize that nothing can compare the atrocious things done by IIIrd Reich Germany, and that comparing them to any other situation is more than highly insulting; it's an offence which could be a reason to report you, for it's seen according to law as a reprehensible crime.

?? :verysad:

I dont think that people living in island like Guadeloupe would appreciate the fact to be considered as  colonies

What else are these Oversea-Departements? They are French colonies, nothing more nothing less!

I do not envy France. Germany has many active sportsmen and women from the territory of the former German Reich.

One of them has been in Helsinki (Christian Duma 400mH). But more famous are f.e. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, two of our footballers.

That was Australia's worst IAAF championships in 14 years.

1983 Helsinki

Gold - Rob de Castella - Marathon

1987 Rome

No medals

1991 Tokyo

No Medals

1993 Stuttgart

Bronze - Daniela Costian - Discus

1995 - Goteburg

Silver - Men's 4x100m

Bronze - Women's 4x400m

1997 Athens

Gold - Cathy Freeman - 400m

Silver - Joanna Stone - Javelin

Bronze - Steve Moneghetti - Marathon

Bronze - Tim Forsyth - High Jump

1999 Seville

Gold - Cathy Freeman - 400m

Silver - Dmitri Markov - Pole Vault

Bronze - Tatiana Gregorieva - Pole Vault

Bronze - Kerry Saxby Junna - 20km Walk

2001 Edmonton

Gold - Dmitri Markov - Pole Vault

2003 Paris

Gold - Jana Pittman - 400m Hurdles

2005 Helsinki

Bronze - Craig Mottram - 5000m

I dont think that people living in island like Guadeloupe would appreciate the fact to be considered as  colonies

What else are these Oversea-Departements? They are French colonies, nothing more nothing less!

I do not envy France. Germany has many active sportsmen and women from the territory of the former German Reich.

One of them has been in Helsinki (Christian Duma 400mH). But more famous are f.e. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski, two of our footballers.

"Colony" was the word used to qualify our overseas territories centuries ago. The word now is "overseas-territories" or the French word "départements". I suggest that you make your brain and mentality evolve. We're in 2005.

It's a good thing you dont envy France since I envy Germany even less. I wouldnt want to belong to a nation responsible for the most atrocious and inhuman genocide of history, now populated by people who still hate foreigners,  have racial prejudices, and still think that their ancestors "did well" instead of feeling a bit ashamed and embarrassed of such a past. Add to this your country is seen all around the world as one of the mournest and saddest place of the world, I think no one but the Germans would want to live in Germany.

"Colony" was the word used to qualify our overseas territories centuries ago. The word now is "overseas-territories" or the French word "départements". I suggest that you make your brain and mentality evolve. We're in 2005.

It's a good thing you dont envy France since I envy Germany even less. I wouldnt want to belong to a nation responsible for the most atrocious and inhuman genocide of history, now populated by people who still hate foreigners,  have racial prejudices, and still think that their ancestors "did well" instead of feeling a bit ashamed and embarrassed of such a past. Add to this your country is seen all around the world as one of the mournest and saddest place of the world, I think no one but the Germans would want to live in Germany.

Well, i am so happy, that at least one member on this forum has no prejudices. :P

Oh Lord, thank you! Thank you a thousand times.

Archived