Beautiful Past Pictogrammes

baron-pierreIV

Was looking over some of the past Official Records, and apparently Grenoble 1968 has quite distinctice pictogrammes (as it was called back then vs. 'pictographs' as they are called today.

Too lazy to reprint them, so you'll have to look for yourself at: http://www.la84foundation.org/6oic/Officia...1968/or1968.pdf U gotta have PDF capability in order to view the on that link.

Can u imagine what they would look in color -- or cleaned up?

Which page ? Can't find them...

Thanks

Was looking over some of the past Official Records, and apparently Grenoble 1968 has quite distinctice pictogrammes (as it was called back then vs. 'pictographs' as they are called today.

Too lazy to reprint them, so you'll have to look for yourself at: http://www.la84foundation.org/6oic/Officia...1968/or1968.pdf U gotta have PDF capability in order to view the on that link.

Can u imagine what they would look in color -- or cleaned up?

page 371 on the report; page 374 in sequence.

Thanks

So, here are the pictograms. They were realised by a french man named Roger Excoffon, who was famous to design fonts.

o-gren00.gif

He also designed the Grenoble's medals

If you want to do the same to you pictures, you could use the EXCOFFIZER.....

Personnaly, i like much the one for Biathlon !!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry for bring this top up after four years but ... does anyone else find it odd that the pictograms for figure skating normally depict a women? There are after all mens, pairs and ice dancing. If i was either of the later and the medal uses the pictogram I would definatly want a pictogram that featured a man and woman. We're a team after all. Ok a realize team sports only feature one "person" in the pictogram, but ice dancing and pairs is only two people so the graphic wouldn't become ridiciously large.If I was male skater I would find it emfeminate to have a medal with a pictogram of a woman on it.

I also realize tht this could work in reverse, if your a woman, say a basketball player, you don't want a man on your medal. However most pictograms seem to be gender neutral mostly, and may just lack a bosom. The figure skater thought is depicted in a skirt and a femine pose.

It is strange. They could easily do a pair in a pose and cover both genders. Certainly Vancouver and Torino made them feminine. Salt Lake was a bit gender neutral, although it leaned more masculine to me. Nagano too, but one little bump in the back kinda makes it look like a skirt. But I guess the sport is more popular with women and with all its sequins and feathers, isn't the most macho sport on the winter program.

Sorry for bring this top up after four years but ... does anyone else find it odd that the pictograms for figure skating normally depict a women? There are after all mens, pairs and ice dancing. If i was either of the later and the medal uses the pictogram I would definatly want a pictogram that featured a man and woman. We're a team after all. Ok a realize team sports only feature one "person" in the pictogram, but ice dancing and pairs is only two people so the graphic wouldn't become ridiciously large.If I was male skater I would find it emfeminate to have a medal with a pictogram of a woman on it.

I also realize tht this could work in reverse, if your a woman, say a basketball player, you don't want a man on your medal. However most pictograms seem to be gender neutral mostly, and may just lack a bosom. The figure skater thought is depicted in a skirt and a femine pose.

If it was Johnny Weir, s/he wouldn't mind!!

Archived