p1080529bgo7.jpg

Aquatic Centre

peri_acuatico_01_lg.jpg

peri_acuatico_02_lg.jpg

IFEMA expansion

32156265kw2.jpg

Olympic Stadium

1587179144_20571e9c3f_b.jpg

Conclusion: It is possible to balance design and cost. There are no significant changes to the cost or design of these venues, some of which are designed by starchitects including Perrault.

• 5 weeks later...

The Works in the Peineta stadium were anounced late 2007, the new stadium will host The "Atletico de Madrid" soccer team.

The last thing i heard was that the team wanted the stadium to be only soccer and the pitch close to the people...and that there were some financial problems between the club and the goverment of madrid for the budget of the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Since 2010, it will be the home stadium of Atlético de Madrid, one of the two premier soccer clubs of the city. There are non financial problems, and everything is already ok:

-Atlético de Madrid will use the stadium as a Soccer Ground from 2010 to 2016.

-If Madrid gets the Olympics, the stadium (73.000) will be re-adapted to host Athletics, with a field-track.

-After 2016, the stadium will become property of Atlético de Madrid, and the area now occupied by Atlético's Stadium (Vicente Calderón) will become a new green area close to the Manzanares river.

-The operation will cost 180.000.000€, that will be paid with the earning of some buildings to be build in an area close to Vicente Calderón.

Here you can find the information about exchange agreement and a video of how the stadium will be transformed: http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2007/07/30/m...1185788846.html

Either, I've found some pics from 2012 bid, about how the Olympic Stadium will be. In the first pic, you'll see the Olympic Village back of the stadium, very close to it.

estadio_la_peineta02.jpg

estadio_la_peineta04.jpg

estadio_la_peineta03.jpg

-This is La Caja Mágica design:

caja_magica01.jpg

caja_magica05.jpg

caja_magica03.jpg

-Possible design of Real Madrid Arena (basketball):

1192620421.jpg

Here you can find a video of Madrid's plan to recover Manzanares river, that has been announced this week. It includes an area for rowing, that will be use at Olympics.

Puxa, I didn't see the part where an Olympic rowing course was to be built. The river doesn't look wide enough for an Olympic-sized rowing course PLUS, it looks like there are no plans to WIDEN any parts of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool edifice!

Mo Rush, why are you so concerned about the Spanish? Anyway, that's not the handwork of Santiago Calatrava.

• 4 months later...
La magica se ve bonita.

but why the reason for that name, and for what kind of use will be it?

Hi, I'm new in the forum, although I've been reading it for long time... By the way, I live in Madrid

"La Caja Mágica" will be used mainly for tennis competitions, and will host the Madrid Open and Masters every year... it has several tennis courts inside.

The "magic" in "La Caja Mágica" is that the roofs can move and bend.. so the courts can be either covered or open air, depending on the weather...

• 3 weeks later...
Why should the Vicente Calderon Stadium be used in a Madrid Olympics? It's gonna be replaced by a new stadium in the future. Aren't there any plans to tear down the stadium, even after it serves as an Olympic Games venue?

the Vicente Calderon Stadium will disappear in 2010,when the new Stadium will be finished and used for the Atletico de Madrid.

the football proposed venues for Madrid 2016 are: Santiago Bernabeu (Madrid,90.000),Montjuic (Barcelona,56.000),La Romareda (Malaga,37.000),Ono Stadium (Palma de Mallorca,23.000) El Arcangel (Cordoba,23.000) and Romano Stadium (Merida,20.500)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived