F1: 2007

Villeneuve?

Yeah. Him. <_< Seriously, I really don't want to know what is going on with him lately.

Anyway, Hamilton makes F1 history.

Link 1: BBC: Bahrain Grand Prix

1. Felipe Massa

2. Lewis Hamilton

3. Kimi Raikkonen

_42803917_massagettythis203.jpg

Link 2: BBC: Stewart Tips Hamilton For Title

_42804909_lewishamilton203.jpg

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not run before we can walk.

No kidding. This is more so, when this article is already stating that Hamilton could become the best F1 driver ever. Like, he has only participated in 3 races so far.

Link: BBC: Hamilton 'Could Become Best Ever'

_42814789_hamilton203gi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Two BBC articles, as the result of the Spanish Grand Prix.

1. Felipe Massa

2. Lewis Hamilton

3. Fernando Alonso

Link 1: BBC: Spanish Grand Prix

Link 2: BBC: Alonso Plays Down Hamilton Threat

_42924149_mclaren203.jpg

Hamilton and Alonso

As a side note, it seems that the San Marino Grand Prix is in danger of not returning to the schedule ever.

Link: BBC: Ecclestone Cool On Imola Return

_42922031_ecclestone-203.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It is my first post to this season of F1. I was never a fan of (Schummel-) Schumi, so i am not regretting his retirement. My personal favorite is Räikönen. I have always been a fan of Häkkinen, so i switched my sympathies to the next Finn. Out of the German drivers, i would throw my support behind Heidfeld. Certainly he is not the best driver in the field, but he is down to earth and never unfair or arrogant. That said, i have to admit i haven't seen a single race this season. Cant explain why, but i found out, that there are better things to do instead of watching many cars, driving in circles and polluting the air.

In the topic to last years season i made comment about "one of the most overrated" driver in F1-history. Two members jumped on this comment and made a comparison to his German collegue... Excuse me, i forgot his name... Is UK still talking about him or is UK realizing what it takes to be a real good driver?

In the topic to last years season i made comment about "one of the most overrated" driver in F1-history. Two members jumped on this comment and made a comparison to his German collegue... Excuse me, i forgot his name... Is UK still talking about him or is UK realizing what it takes to be a real good driver?

Yes we are talking about him and about how his car is a piece of rubbish.

Good-bye to the Americans; say hello to the Indians, Singaporeans, and another one for Spain. The same congratulations, if some of us here do not know yet, to the UAE and South Korea, too.

Link: BBC: India Agree Deal On Grand Prix

By the way, even though this current BBC article didn't say anything about the American Grand Prix, I have already heard confirmation that this F1 season will be the last time the Indianapolis track will hold the race. To some of us, that fiasco from last year I believe was the "straw that broke the camel's back."

I gave up watching F1 about 3 years ago after becoming pissed off with how uncompetitive it had become. I must admit that because of Lewis Hamilton I am starting to watch again.

That happened to me since Hakkinen retired leaving the stage solely for Schumacher. Anyways, now F1 is broadcast on pay-per-view TV, so I only see/hear about F1 on the news.

Guaranteed now to be at least sharing the lead of the world championship by the time we get to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. That is going to be something pretty special.

Special, huh? There's even talk about that Lewis Hamilton could save the British Grand Prix from being dropped off the F1 schedule all by himself.

Link: BBC: Hamilton 'Could Save British GP'

_43067277_hamilton.jpg

It's been almost a decade since we had somebody challenging for the world title, so it will certainly helped, and has helped to boost interest in F1 in this country, which I think had been flagging in the recent past. However, whether the British Grand Prix survives depends entirely on whether the BRDC's plans to modernise the place will meet with the approval of the dwarf cretin Ecclestone who seems to have run a personal crusade against the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived