F1: 2007

What a shame for McLarens!!

Hamilton betrayed his team and his boss, Ron Dennis, during the FIA conversations about the matter denying his boss and Fernando Alonso...

I wouldn't be so proud of this victory if i were him...

Hamilton should have obeyed team orders but that's still no excuse for what happened afterwards.

The two incidents were seperate. Even after Hamilton disobeyed team orders there was still enough time for McLaren to reasses the situation and get both cars out in time; essentially in reverse order from what they had intended. The fact that they didn't allow this to happen (or possibly Alonso didn't allow this to happen) is the reason why McLaren were penalised by the stewards. If Hamilton was solely responsible for the cock-up in qualifying there would have been no penalty. Or do you think the FIA just penalised the team and Alonso to do Hamilton a favour? Or maybe just for a laugh?

Don't lay the blame entirely on Hamilton. He let the team down by disobeying them and as Hamilton said, Ron Dennis isn't best pleased with him. And though this shows a side of him we've not seen before, he didn't actually break a single rule. Alonso or McLaren decided to break the rules when they didn't need to in response to Hamilton's actions which is why they were penalised by the FIA.

A terrible (possibly vindictive) response from McLaren/Alonso to a petulant act by Hamilton. Nobody comes out smelling of roses. Ron Dennis will deal with Hamilton. The FIA have dealt with Alonso/McLaren.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think that Alonso did what he did following orders from his team, but of course it is easier to say that Alonso is a cheater... anyway, what Hamilton can't do is disobey his team in a FIA interview and say something totally different than his boss and Alonso, i imagine that he wanted Alonso to be penalized of course, but don't make things more and more difficult than they actually are and shup up, this is what he should have done because now he seems a cheater too!

Besides, the team could have got those necessary points for the construction championship, and there could have been a beautiful battle between Alonso and Hamilton in the race not in the office...

BTW, good advert! :D:D

What a shame for McLarens!!

Hamilton betrayed his team and his boss, Ron Dennis, during the FIA conversations about the matter denying his boss and Fernando Alonso...

I wouldn't be so proud of this victory if i were him...

Have you got something more concrete to back up your claim than the obvious sour grapes?

The more I've heard about it, the more it seems Alonso is to blame. Hamilton started the chain of events, undoubtedly, but there was no way that his disobediance would have led to the debacle in Hungary without Alonso's intervention.

An interesting fresh statement from Hamilton over the "feud" with Alonso in the last hour.

Hamilton denies rift with Alonso

As far as Hakkinen is concerned, I think he's absolutely spot on. I wouldn't want to suggest that Alonso was necessarily arrogant in believing he wouldn't face a major threat from Hamilton this year. After all, it's his first year in F1 and I don't think anybody really expected him to be in the position that he is in with six races of the season left. However, instead of whinging about it, he should just get on with it. If he doesn't like the principal of equal racing, then don't bother going racing at all.

The point he makes is valid, though. As a double world champion, Alonso should have the class and experience to deal with challenges of the kind Hamilton has laid down. The fact he has overdriven at times this season and, whether accidentally or by design, disadvantaged Hamilton last Saturday does tend to suggest he is rattled.

Alsonso hat won his titles too quickly. Everything so far in his career went fine. Every year a new highlight, every season a new milestone. Now he faces a challenge for the first time in his F1 career and he behaves like a 10 year old boy. Grow up!

He reminds me of Martina Hingis in the final of Frech Open against Steffi Graf in 1999. What en unfair behaviour from the Swiss Miss.

Alsonso hat won his titles too quickly. Everything so far in his career went fine. Every year a new highlight, every season a new milestone. Now he faces a challenge for the first time in his F1 career and he behaves like a 10 year old boy. Grow up!

He reminds me of Martina Hingis in the final of Frech Open against Steffi Graf in 1999. What en unfair behaviour from the Swiss Miss.

and is spaniard too!!!! terrible!!! :P

The thing is with the Alonso/Hamilton rivalry is that the press/media in different countries will always have a different bias. I try to keep this in mind when reading anything anti-Alonso in the British papers. Similarly, our Spanish members should do the same for the anti-Hamilton rubbish some of your papers have been coming out with in the last week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the F1 circus has had its summer break (more high profile for some individuals than others given the pictures of Mr Hamilton cavorting with rather attractive young ladies in certain British tabloids) and it's now back to serious business in Turkey.

1. Felipe Massa

2. Kimi Raikkonen

3. Fernando Alonso

Link: BBC: Turkish Grand Prix 2007

_44080148_hamiltontyre203.jpg

Hamilton was on course for third when his tyre shredded

_44080115_ferraris203.jpg

Massa was able to control the race from the start

True, though thinking about it again, I think I liked Monza because it was fast and easy to win on. You just cut across all the chicanes while the other cars drive slowly round them, which means the circuit just becomes a series of really fast straights! ^_^

circuit_monza.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On the track in Monza, Alonso leads from lights to flag to beat Hamilton and Raikkonen. Off the track, the spying nonsense goes on with more hearings next week and police investigations. Jackie Stewart is right. It is starting to look like a vendetta.

Archived