Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

These are the pins Petro Canada has issued since the beginning. They are giving out three different ones with the glass promotion. They are all gold and have the Olympic rings and Coca-Cola logo (and no Petro-Canada logo). One has a snowboarder and 1998, one has a hockey player and 2002 and the third has the Vancouver 2010 logo. My local Petro-Canada only had the snowboarder, but the woman gave me two for some reason (I didn't argue).

The hockey player is actually 1920. Not quite sure why the pins for 1998 and 1920, but the Vancouver 2010 pin is nice. PetroCanada must be overstocked with these glasses and needs to dump them!

We would like to thank all of you that have helped to shape our 2010 Olympic pin website,

bought, sold, or traded 2010 Olympic pins with us over the last 4 years.

We have enjoyed meeting many of you online, and at local pin shows.

Now that the Games are almost here, we would like to put out a warm welcome to those of you

coming to our beautiful city to enjoy the 2010 Olympic Games.

We would love to get together with you and trade a pin(s) in person.

We can always be found through our website http://www.radarthepinguy.com

Dropby, say hi, see over 900+ official licensed pins.

We only buy/sell/trade official Canadian 2010 Olympic pins.

We can be emailed at radar@radarthepinguy.com

Our Twitter account:radarthepinguy

http://twitter.com/radarthepinguy

Follow us on twitter to find us at the games, be first to hear of new pins, and latest pin and olympic news.

We will tweet throughout the Olympics, sign up at twitter and follow us for all the latest pin news.

Happy Collecting

Enjoy the Games

Radar

Here's what one of the Petro Canada Coke pins looks like, the one you get for free if you purchase a glass and two Coke products:

Pins_2010_PetroCanada_03Small.jpg

At Value Village, I managed to find this Calgary '88 RCMP pin:

Pins_1988_RCMP_PinSmall.jpg

@SkiFreak, would you be able to PM me how to contact where you got the Visa pins from? Appreciate it!

quote name='SkiFreak' date='20 January 2010 - 08:05 PM' timestamp='1264035904' post='246769']

Here's what one of the Petro Canada Coke pins looks like, the one you get for free if you purchase a glass and two Coke products:

Pins_2010_PetroCanada_03Small.jpg

At Value Village, I managed to find this Calgary '88 RCMP pin:

Pins_1988_RCMP_PinSmall.jpg

@SkiFreak, would you be able to PM me how to contact where you got the Visa pins from? Appreciate it!

I'll be honest and say I can't remember exactly which e-mail I sent to. I just remember that I found the contact info thru their website. Don't forget there are 2 websites:

Canadian:

http://www.visa.ca

American:

http://www.visa.com

I tried a couple of times, with the same canned response:

"Thank you for your message.

In order to retain their value and promotional uniqueness, Visa Inc. doesn’t make Olympic pins available through the mail.  Please be on the lookout for marketing programs in your local area which may offer the pins as part of a promotion.

Thank you for your interest.

Visa Webmaster"

If you remember, don't hesitate to PM me! I believe the guy (you mentioned earlier)'s name was Brad Kane....

I'll be honest and say I can't remember exactly which e-mail I sent to. I just remember that I found the contact info thru their website. Don't forget there are 2 websites:

Canadian:

http://www.visa.ca

American:

http://www.visa.com

Anyone know if the Bay is selling Team Canada/COC pins like they did for Torino and Beijing?

I went to the local Bay and didn't see any. All they got is a rack with Vancouver 2010 pins.

I have the same question and have come up with a few answers. First, there's the COC Hockey set, set of six different hockey players with the COC logo, sold at the Bay, but probably only in Vancouver (I haven't seen in in Ottawa or Montreal). Second, there's a pin which has the COC and Canadian flags (similar to the one with the Vancouver 2010 logo and the Canadian flag), also sold at the Bay in Vancouver (I think) and at stops on the Torch Route. Thirdly, there's two Canadian Olympic Team pins the Bay was offering as part of a promotion (buy over $75 at the Bay and get one of them). They're pretty nice, although making you buy 75 bucks worth of stuff is a bit too much.

I saw the $75 offer too. I'm wondering if these COC pins will show up when the official Team Canada opening ceremonies uniforms show up in HBC stores which will be probably on Feb 13. If I remember during Torino, HBC sold the hats, coats, and boots that were worn at the opening ceremonies, but they weren't revealed until the actual opening ceremonies. I'm wondering if this year's will be umbrellas, t-shirts & shorts, and rubber boots. ;)

Here's the full set of Petro Canada/Coke pins with the buy a glass and two Coke products:

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_PetroCanad-1.jpg

Pins_2010_Sponsorship_PetroCanadaCo.jpg

I might get another set for traders, but that just means I'll have to buy more glasses. :unsure:

Got the new Ricoh silver pin today! Gonna stop by a GM dealer and an RBC branch (last time I went ended up with four pins!).

Interesting. I just went to return a movie to Blockbuster and decided to go next door to RBC. I asked for pins but they said they didn't have any. I did get a pair of torch relay thundersticks though.

Rather then requesting pins by e-mail or snail-mail, has anyone walked into a Bell store and asked for pins? Or has anyone gone into a McDonald's restaurant and asked a manager for pins (don't bother asking a cashier as they are just young kids that don't have a clue). I tried asking at McDonald's during the Torino games, but they didn't have any. Maybe things changed since then.

What you can do is next time you're at the airport, ask an Air Canada ticket agent for a pin. Most seem to have them and are willing to give them to you.

Thanks for the Air Canada tip. I'll swing by the airport here in Kelowna next week. :)

For anyone who's interested, here's a full list of sponsors from whom I have received pins. I contacted pretty much everyone on the sponsor list.

Ricoh (Two times, two identical ones first time, one different one the second time)

TeckCominico (Two Identical)

RBC (One Quatchi through the mail, four at an RBC branch)

Jetset Sports (Twice, none the first time, Jetset Sports pin and CoSport pin second time)

GM

Garett Metal Detectors (Two Identical)

Saputo

Omega

Petro Canada (Two-one for Olympics, one for Paralympics

Rona (Twice, first time one for Vancouver 2010 and one for COC, second time both for Vancouver 2010)

Atos Origin

Bombardier

Haworth (Three Identical)

Millenium Water (Twice, one different pin each time)

Nk'Mip (Two Identical)

Bell Aliant

Government of British Columbia (Four-Two in colour, two in sliver)

Finish Olympic Committee (Two Identical FOC, Two Stickers)

Italian Olympic Committee (Five-Three Different Italian Olympic Committee, ICO Torino 2006, IOC Atlanta 1996)

Swiss Olympic Committee (Two, One Vancouver 2010, One SOC)

Thanks for the list. Lucky you. How did you contact the sponsors, by emails or snail mails? I was just wondering if snail mails are more successful than emails.

I generally go with e-mail, but sometimes snail mail, which tends to a be a little bit better, but takes far more effort.

A few I got I had to request by snail mail. Couldn't find an e-mail for some organizations. I've got three days off. On Tuesday I'm going to go on an online pin hunting spree and try and contact as many sponsors as I can.