Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

For those of you posting about 2012 pins here, there are about 2 or 3 pin threads in the London 2012 section of this board. I've also started a thread about Sochi pins in the Sochi section. Let's keep this thread focused on Vancouver 2010 pins.

This Saturday May 15th in the Salt Building which is part of the Olympic Village..(Big Red colored building near Columbia street off W. 2nd ave.) the Pacific Pin Club will be set up for pin trading. The event runs from 10 am till 5 pm.

The Open house celebration and the festivities marks the City of Vancouver receiving back the Olympic village from VANOC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further discounts at Toys R Us. Pins are now $0.98. I was able to get the last four pins on the rack (Miga speedskating). If anyone needs a Miga Speedskating pin, I'll trade for other Mascot Sport Series pins I do not have yet. (I've got about half of that series)

All of the other 2010 merchandise at TRU is marked down too. It's mostly mascot stuff for kids.

Aside from about 4 landmark series pins on the rack at 7-11 for $1.98, that's it for the pins around here. Sad times. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still scoring pins:

Got the Collector Series Set #1 at the local 2010 Liquidator yesterday:

pins_2010_CollectorSeriesSet1.jpg

I guess these were originally over $20. I got mine for $6.

At Value Village found one of the Visa Miga Skeleton pins:

pins_2010_Visa_MigaSkeleton1.jpg

The alternate of this pin had a slightly different outline and feautred just the Olympic rings, not the VANOC logo. I Think Radar has a pic of this alternate on his website. Wrapped up with this pin was also a 2002 World Cup pin and a Vancouver Grizzlies pin, so it was a good find for 99 cents. B)

VancouverGrizzlies.jpg

Anyone happen to have a Cold-FX Slider Goalie pin? It's the only one I'm missing from that set.

Anyone happen to have an updated PDF list for Artiss Aminco that would include the 2 or 3 pins that were produced post games? These were the Hockey Gold Medals pin and the Medal Count pin, and I believe there was a 3rd one - can't remember.

• 5 weeks later...