Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

One of the coolest new pins is from Bell ... it is Torch Relay hologram! There are 2 torches symbolizing the exchange of the flame. As you move your head one torch appears and one disappears.

I saw those too. Pretty sexy pin. :D

hello everyone, Just found this place on Google and joined asap lol. Was reading the posts and see that the Czech Republic pin is hard to find. I bought my set of 3 on ebay for $70. And now I hear you can request one regular one from the Czech Republic Embassy in Ottawa.

Not sure if they are free or have to pay at the Embassy.

It is the same design as the last few Olympic pins, only difference is it has Vancouver on it. The silver is the Generic one that apperantly was limited to 800, then the copper version was just for the Embassy staff limited to 100 and then the Gold version that was just for the Ambassador of the Embassy that was limited to only 50.

Anyhows hope that info helps fellow pinheads lol add to their collections. I myself will be set up at the Robson pin tent during the Games so hope to see you there.

Hi people.

I received this reply from Anton Bauer:

"Hi Victor,

Thank you for the email. It was very….interesting!

You can purchase our pins at our website at www.antonbauer.com and go to the Company Store. The pins are $9.95 each.

Kind Regards,

Paul Dudeck"

Good Luck.

Managed to find a "2 Years To Go" pin, the one with Quatchi and Miga, at Value Village for 99 cents :D . Noticed on the Artiss Aminco PDF doc that the pin is sold out already.

I also noticed what's coming out in January, some pins featuring the past Canadian Olympics. One's got the Calgary and Vancouver logos. One has Hidy and Howdy (Calgary mascots) with Quatchi and Miga, and the third pin features all three logos; Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver.

Hi Skyscorpion - how are you?

Looking forward to Vancouver? Wow - an IF pin. Can you share a picture?

I am psyched for Vancouver. Little miffed that my job hasn't given my schedule yet, so I don't know whether working in Whistler of Vancouver, or even which venue. Did I tell you or the board that I have written an article about pin collecting and the Olympics? Will try to get a pic of the pin. My web cam is a little goofy

The Olympic Superstore/Coke Pin Trading Centre will officially open for trading on Saturday January 2nd at 1pm. It will be open every day from 9am to 6pm through January. It will be next to the Coke Happiness Cafe ... where the red mittens are now.

Also on Saturday the HBC January Pin of the Month will be released.

So, all pin collectors be sure to be there!

The first of three Coca-Cola Pin Trading Centres for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games opens at 9:30 AM this Saturday, January 02, 2010 inside The Olympic Superstore located at the Hbc Store at the corner of West Georgia and Granville Streets in Downtown Vancouver.

Special events will take place throughout the day and include:

Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting - 9:30 AM

Pin Trading Tables Open - 9:30 AM to 9:00 PM

Unveiling of the special Opening Day Pin - 11:00 AM

Trivia Contest to win Opening Day Pins - 11:00 AM

Pin Trading 101 - 1:00 PM

Draw for Opening Day Pins - 4:00 PM

Here are the locations and times of tomorrow's (Thursday's) CTV pin give-away ...

CTV BC

750 Burrard Street

5:30-7:00pm

Park Royal South

Centre Court

Metrotown

Atrium Court

Coquitlam Centre

Event Central

It will be pin 6 in the series, the hockey player. There will be 1000 pins at each location.

Petro Canada has 3 Coke pins available. The pins are free when you buy a 2010 drinking glass and two Coke products. I missed this one today. I bought a glass, but didn't know about the pins until after. It's basically the same offer they had during the 2006 Olympics, except I guess they are trying to get rid of some glasses.

What pins does Petro-Canada have?

PetroCanada has at least 8 2010 Olympic pins. These include 2 versions of a simple rectangle with the Olympic and PetroCanada logo, a simple rectangle with the Paralympic and PetroCanada logo, a gold exective pin with the Olympic and PetroCanada logo that comes in a small case, and 4 pins each featuring one of the Mascots, Quatchi, Mega, Sumi and most recently Mukmuk.