2026 FIFA WC Logo comp: Groups A & B Vote

2026 FIFA World Cup Logo Group Round Vote  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo should progress from GROUP A?

2. 2. Which Logo should progress from GROUP B?

Bwl5Nl.jpg

cuImEW.jpg

Voting in Groups A and B of the GamesBids FIFA World Cup 2026 Logo Comp is now open above. Voting for Groups C and D can be conducted in the other thread.

Here's the draw for the comp. Yoshi will explain rules, deadlines and all that stuff in the next post.

STgtHV.jpg

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Sir Rols

This is it - the Gamesbids Logo World Cup Finals!

We have our final 12 entries that will battle it out to be champion - and in World Cup style, the vote will take the form of a tournament.

The picture in Rols' post above shows our 12 logos in 4 groups of 3. Each of the 2 polls at the top refers to one of these groups. The groups being voted on in this thread are as follows:

Group A: New Zealand 1, Morocco, USA 1.

Group B: China 1, Argentina, New Zealand 2.

As Rols says, there's another thread for the other groups, C & D.

Here are the rules for voting in this stage:

1) It's one vote per person, per group. You can vote in as many or as few groups as you wish.

2) You have 48 hours to vote - voting in this stage is open until 11am UK time on THURSDAY 7 JULY.

3) The top 2 logos in each of the groups at the close will progress to the next round - the Quarter-Finals.

4) If there is a tie between any 2 logos in any round, I reserve a casting vote. I will not vote in the regular voting time, & if I do need to use a casting vote, I will base it first on suitability for an actual World Cup & then on my own subjective opinion.

Our vote scrutiniser - Mr S. Blither - is here to ensure it all goes well. If you have any questions, slide him a brown envelope under the table & he'll see what he can do.

At the end of this round, the Quarter-Finals will be arranged according to Rols' picture. The competition will progress from that point as a simple knockout - culminating on Sunday 10 July, just before the new European champions are crowned.

All that's left to say now is thanks to Rols for being his usual good egg & enabling this to happen, good luck to all our contenders, & may the best logo win. Happy voting!

I have forgotten one important rule - you can vote for yourself if you want to.

• Like 1

Yoshi, I just noticed that you used two versions of my China 2026 logo. The one I wanted in the official competition is the small one in the draw table. The bigger one, the one you can see better is the one I wanted to get rid off. There's a slight difference between both (see the yellow shape at the top).

Yoshi, I just noticed that you used two versions of my China 2026 logo. The one I wanted in the official competition is the small one in the draw table. The bigger one, the one you can see better is the one I wanted to get rid off. There's a slight difference between both (see the yellow shape at the top).

That would be my fault. Fixed now :)

Oh, I just think yoshi is more thrilled about setting up a complicated voting system than actually finding great logos...which are based on the ugly FIFA concept. But one or two of the entries are quite decent.

Actually, I quite like the system - I was enthused when Yoshi suggested it. I don't think it's complicated, just a simple knockout contest really. It's just head-to-head contests after the group stage. I'm already puzzling if it could be incorporated somehow into the Oly logo format. At least it aint Eurovision voting... to some Lord David voting contraption.

Gotta say, I'm shocked my Liberty's actually getting some support. I thought it was a throwaway! :o

Edited by Sir Rols

The group stage is now over - voting is CLOSED. The results of Groups A & B are as follows:

Group A:

USA 1: 9 points.

New Zealand 1: 5 points.

Morocco: 1 point.

Group B:

China 1: 8 points.

New Zealand 2: 6 points.

Argentina: 1 point.

We therefore must say goodbye to Glacib's Morocco entry, and to Woohoo's Argentina entry. This is the end of the road for each country, but Glacib has an entry through & Woohoo's other entries are in Groups C & D.

The top 2 logos in the groups progress to the next stage - the knockout Quarter-finals (QFs). As specified in the picture in the first post, the matchups are:

QF1 - Winner A v Runner-up C:

USA 1 v China 2.

QF2 - Winner C v Runner-up A:

Spain v New Zealand 1.

QF3 - Winner B v Runner-up D:

China 1 v USA 2.

QF4 - Winner D v Runner-up B:

England v New Zealand 2.

The QFs will begin later tonight, as we need to switch from a morning-to-morning cycle to an evening-to-evening one. In the meantime, commiserations to the eliminated 4, and well done to our last 8 :)