Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

Artiss Aminco updated their website today ...

http://www.artissaminco.ca/Official_Licens...erchandise.html

It is much better organized with new links ...

Official Licensed Merchandise

Where to buy (BC and Alberta Retailers)

Retailer info

Pins are organized by category with nice graphical images

The PDF file is still there with all pins currently for sale

There is also a downloadable Pin Collectors Guide

Very nice informative website

I was in the Royal Bank today when I noticed that the teller was wearing a new RBC Olympic pin. She tried to get one for me but was told they had no extras to give out.

The new one is greyish in color with both the Olympic and Paralympic logos.

I was in the Royal Bank today when I noticed that the teller was wearing a new RBC Olympic pin. She tried to get one for me but was told they had no extras to give out.

The new one is greyish in color with both the Olympic and Paralympic logos.

That is their Two Years to Go pin. I got one at the Countdown to 2010 luncheon at the Hyatt on Monday. They put them out for all 1,200 guests. It was hard to resist scooping up all the others at my table, but I was good and only took 1...

It is a silver colour with blue on the RBC logo and the lettering on the right.

I've got a great picture but I'm not sure how to get it on here...

I also picked up a CTV pin at the 2010 Business Summit.

That is their Two Years to Go pin. I got one at the Countdown to 2010 luncheon at the Hyatt on Monday. They put them out for all 1,200 guests. It was hard to resist scooping up all the others at my table, but I was good and only took 1...

It is a silver colour with blue on the RBC logo and the lettering on the right.

I've got a great picture but I'm not sure how to get it on here...

I also picked up a CTV pin at the 2010 Business Summit.

Here are the pins mentioned in my last post.

CIMG3325.jpg

CIMG3326.jpg

^Nice pins PinPanda. I guess the CTV pin is the first media pin for 2010. CBC should have Beijing 2008 pins available. I remember in 2006, about a week after Torino ended I sent them an e-mail and within a week they sent me a Torino pin.

^Nice pins PinPanda. I guess the CTV pin is the first media pin for 2010. CBC should have Beijing 2008 pins available. I remember in 2006, about a week after Torino ended I sent them an e-mail and within a week they sent me a Torino pin.

That's a good idea to e-mail them. Maybe everyone can e-mail CTV now to get this pin.

RBC had a draw at the 2010 Business Summit to win an autographed Team Canada jersey and a set of all 6 RBC 2010 pins to date. Unfortunately I did not win...

One thing I learned at the summit is that the Royal Canadian Mint has a magnetic pin - there is a place on it where you can put one of the 2010 quarters (or any other quarter I guess...) I saw a picture in the presentation they gave but it was partly covered by one of the bookmarks.

Has anyone else heard of this? If so, any idea when it will be available?

I mail a letter to CTV today ...

CTV Television Network

P.O. Box 9, Station “O”

Scarborough, Ontario

M4A 2M9

Re: magnetic pin ... I checked the RCM's website but nothing there yet.

Thanks for checking. I should have asked the man who gave the presentation - he mentioned it as though it was already available.

I received this reply to my e-mail request for a pin from EPCOR ...

Thank you for your interest in EPCOR. We have produced and distributed pins for each of our employees however we do not have plans to produce a pin for external requests.

We appreciate that you are disappointed and we do want to let you know that we are discussing whether or not to produce a pin that would be available to the public. We only produced enough pins for our staff when we announced our sponsorship. But you may want to check back with us later in 2008.

I got the following reply to my letter requesting a 2010 Olympic pin from Sun Microsystems ...

"Sun Microsystems of Canada Inc. is proud and excited to be an Official Supplier of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Vancouver. As part of this sponsorship, we produced a limited quantity of lapel pins for the exclusive distribution to our employees, partners and customers to reward their unique involvement in the Games. Unfortunately, we do not have a supply for distribution to the public at large but we wish you luck with your collection.

For pins, you might want to check out the website for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games at:

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Thank you for your interest in Sun!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! I'll try writing them

Which Pins did you get from the Sponsors? Do you have any tips how to get pins. I got Pins from HBC, BCLC, Ricoh, Bell and as mentioned before Vancouver and Beijing Pins from Omega. Did you get other ones?

Which Pins did you get from the Sponsors? Do you have any tips how to get pins. I got Pins from HBC, BCLC, Ricoh, Bell and as mentioned before Vancouver and Beijing Pins from Omega. Did you get other ones?

I've gotten free pins from the following: GE; Gen'l Motors; HBC; RICOH; TeckCominco; Vincor(Jackson-Trigg); Whistler Resort and Atos Origin

Over the last year or so I have made about 25 requests to corporations for 2010 lapel pins. I have been successful about 40% of the time. Others respond by saying their pins are only for staff and some don't respond at all.