Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

One thing I learned at the summit is that the Royal Canadian Mint has a magnetic pin - there is a place on it where you can put one of the 2010 quarters (or any other quarter I guess...) I saw a picture in the presentation they gave but it was partly covered by one of the bookmarks.

Has anyone else heard of this? If so, any idea when it will be available?

OK - so the magnetic pins are now on RCM's website... for $14.95. Not sure when they became available...

They can be ordered with any of the already released 2010 quarters.

magpin.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
just received 2 pins from Manulife Financial.

I didn't know Manulife Fin. was a sponsor for Vancouver. They don't show up on the Vancouver Olympic Committe site as a sponsor. Did you email or snail mail asking for a pin?

I recently sent a request to McDonalds requesting their 2 mascot pins.

This morning a lady from customer relations phoned me, leaving a message on my answering machine. She made it emphatically cleared that McDonalds does not have any pins available to the general public!

So, it seems these pins are only going to be available through pin dealers.

I didn't know Manulife Fin. was a sponsor for Vancouver. They don't show up on the Vancouver Olympic Committe site as a sponsor. Did you email or snail mail asking for a pin?

They became a worldwide Olympic sponsor when they bought John Hancock Financial Services.

I've seen some great pins on eBay from Manulife that link Beijing and Vancouver - I think there were at least 4 different ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got two pins from Haworth last friday. They are silver with the Vancouver logo.

Did you contact them through snail mail or e-mail? What's the address?

The Bay gave out a large number of their pins at the Dragon Boat Festival in Vancouver on Saturday and Sunday. You could win a pin or other prizes by spinning their roulette wheel. If you won a pin, you got to chose between 3 of the 4 different HBC pin designs that have been issued so far. There was a long line all weekend long so I suspect they gave out hundreds of those pins.

• 5 weeks later...

Artiss Aminco's Betrayal!

Last year Artiss Amico released a set of retail Mascot pins in Limited Edition (numbers 1225 through 1229). Those pins are now completely sold out.

So, what does Artiss Amico do ... they bring out a replacement set with 25.000 of each! Exactly the same pins with the same packaging. The only difference is on the back stamp ... the new ones do not have "LTD ED/ED LM Mascot Launch 07" on the back. The only way to be sure which edition you have is to open the package, since some stores may still have some old stock.

I feel Artiss Aminco has betrayed the serious collector and confused the casual collector. This is a case of real greed on their part!!!

I highly recommend that everyone boycotts this replacement series!!!

Be very careful when purchasing any government or corporate 2010 pins on e-Bay. I understand that a few fake pins are starting to show up. I would recommend only purchasing from reputable sellers! Buyer be ware!!!

Absolutely. I do know that there are fakes already there. When I inquired about a pin that I was interested in, the answer I got indicated to me that the pin was not legit.