Vancouver 2010 pins

SkiFreak

By the way, they left 1 pin out of the booklet ... it was a vertical pin, originally numbered 6018 featuring a maple leaf/torch logo beside "2010" with the Canadian flag below.

Notice the number 6018 is nowhere near the numbers being used for the other retail pins, starting with 1001 and into the 1200s now.

Notice the number 6018 is nowhere near the numbers being used for the other retail pins, starting with 1001 and into the 1200s now.

When Artiss Amino first started to release the 2010 pins they were not numbered. When they first started to number them the code numbers all started with "6". They later re-numbered those early pins with numbers beginning with a "1". After that all pins began with "1". I believe they did that to adhere to a numbering convention ... numbers beginning with "1" indicate up to 1000 pins will be issued, with "2" up to 5000, with "3" up to 25,000 and with "4" over 25,000.

6008 was renumbered 1015

6009 became 1001

6011 became 1017

6013 became 1005

6015 became 1007

6016 became 1008

6017 became 1009

When Artiss Amino first started to release the 2010 pins they were not numbered. When they first started to number them the code numbers all started with "6". They later re-numbered those early pins with numbers beginning with a "1". After that all pins began with "1". I believe they did that to adhere to a numbering convention ... numbers beginning with "1" indicate up to 1000 pins will be issued, with "2" up to 5000, with "3" up to 25,000 and with "4" over 25,000.

6008 was renumbered 1015

6009 became 1001

6011 became 1017

6013 became 1005

6015 became 1007

6016 became 1008

6017 became 1009

The 1, 2, 3, and 4 actually come after the name ARTISS AMINCO on the back of the pin, and aren't related to the pin number. I did not know they had started at 6 - thanks for pointing that out. I'm guessing all the ones not numbered and the ones starting with 6 were all during the time the pins were only for sale at HBC, right? The ones that didn't get renumbered must be the ones that were HBC exclusives. They aren't in the Pin Guide since it just has ones available at all retail locations.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed the 7-11 near here has pins. Not a big rack, just a mini rack with pins at the cashier. And as far as The Bay goes, nothing; not one new pin.

Same here in Vancouver ... 7-11 started selling a few pins a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately, The Bay downtown here is now getting in most of the new pins. The ladies that work there have been really pushing to get more ... they were getting tired of sending customers across the street to London Drugs!

Watch for lots of new pins in the next couple of months. Some real nice ones coming!

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie on this site. I have some sponsor pins to trade (some of them are rare ones), and if anyone has some of the below listed pins I would be interested in trading.

Government of Canada - Pewter 2010 Ilanaaq

Government of Canada - White w/Colored Ilanaaq

Government of Canada - White Olympic & Paralympic

Royal Bank Canada (RBC) - Paralympic gold 2007 3 yrs to go w/ sledge hockey player

Wonder+ - White dome pin

GE - Round GE worldwide sponsor pin

Weston - White vertical rectangular pin

Dow - White w/ colored Ilanaaq

TransCanada - White with colored Ilanaaq

RONA - Pewter 2010 logo w/ colored Ilanaaq

Visa / Tourism Vancouver - Welcome to Vancouver colored dome

Bell - White vertical rectangular pin w/ colored Ilanaaq and blue Bell lettering

Epcor - not sure about specific pin attributes

Workopolis - all 5 versions

McDonald's - horizontal rectangular pin w/2010 & arches logo

GM Canada - horizontal rectangular pin 2010 and GM logo

RICOH - vertical rectangle with 2010 logo with letter "O" filled in red

Jackson Triggs Esprit - stone pin in white with 2010 logo & blue bottom

If you are interested in a trade, send me a pm... I've got pics if needed

Newbie on this site. I have some sponsor pins to trade (some of them are rare ones), and if anyone has some of the below listed pins I would be interested in trading.

Government of Canada - Pewter 2010 Ilanaaq

Government of Canada - White w/Colored Ilanaaq

Government of Canada - White Olympic & Paralympic

Royal Bank Canada (RBC) - Paralympic gold 2007 3 yrs to go w/ sledge hockey player

Wonder+ - White dome pin

GE - Round GE worldwide sponsor pin

Weston - White vertical rectangular pin

Dow - White w/ colored Ilanaaq

TransCanada - White with colored Ilanaaq

RONA - Pewter 2010 logo w/ colored Ilanaaq

Visa / Tourism Vancouver - Welcome to Vancouver colored dome

Bell - White vertical rectangular pin w/ colored Ilanaaq and blue Bell lettering

Epcor - not sure about specific pin attributes

Workopolis - all 5 versions

McDonald's - horizontal rectangular pin w/2010 & arches logo

GM Canada - horizontal rectangular pin 2010 and GM logo

RICOH - vertical rectangle with 2010 logo with letter "O" filled in red

Jackson Triggs Esprit - stone pin in white with 2010 logo & blue bottom

If you are interested in a trade, send me a pm... I've got pics if needed

Special offer through The Province:

In today's Province there is a coupon to redeem for a free Bell Mascot Pin. 15,000 of these pins were produced. The pin features Quatchi and Miga figure skating. I guess this is the first sponsorship mascot pin available. The pin is available in all Bell locations in BC. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow if there are any left. I'll post a pic of it here if I get one.

I find it funny that Radar the pin guy is selling a Mukmuk pin for $13.95 and no Mukmuk pins have been released, yet.

He first listed a pre-sale before the mascots were announced, then added the names in once they were known. It made sense to assume there would be one for Mukmuk, but I guess he needs to withdraw it now. VANOC is teasing us with Mukmuk. By introducing him, and then not making pins or stuffies of him, they are building up the demand. I hope part of the eventual Mukmuk revenue goes to help the groups reviving the Vancouver Island Marmot population.