Jaca 's Bid

ghost1

P.S.: Where did you get it from? Is this the official one? Why isn't JACA 2014 active on this topic? :)

Well, it displays it on the website, so it must be the official logo.

It's boring and bland in my opinion.

Now, we only need Almaty's logo. But here is my rank of logos:

1) Sochi

2) Sofia

3) Salzburg

4) PyeongChang

5) Jaca

6) Borjomi

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P.S.: Where did you get it from? Is this the official one? Why isn't JACA 2014 active on this topic? :)

You can find a bigger version in the new topic that I have opened. It Is the official logo, but this is not the official presentation, there will be an official presentation soon in Zaragoza.  :)

1) Sochi

2) Sofia

3) Salzburg

4) PyeongChang

5) Jaca

6) Borjomi

As for Almaty -

lg2014b8.jpg

1) Sochi

2) Sofia

3) Salzburg

4) PyeongChang

5) Jaca

6) Borjomi

As for Almaty -

lg2014b8.jpg

Is that official? Then why hasn't Almaty displayed it anywhere else?

1) Sochi

2) Sofia

3) Salzburg

4) PyeongChang

5) Jaca

6) Borjomi

As for Almaty -

lg2014b8.jpg

Is that official? Then why hasn't Almaty displayed it anywhere else?

They haven't released it yet, but it is official

Jaca 2014 gives today in Lausana its questionnaire to the IOC

Ana Galindo, spanish alpine ski ex-winner and participant in the Games of Nagano 98 and Salt Lake City 2002, will be the one in charge to give the questionnaire of the Olympic candidacy of Jaca 2014 to the International Olympic Committee (IOC), in Lausana (Swiss).  Galindo will be accompanied by the director of Communication of Jaca 2014, Carlos Martín, and they will give the answers of the questionnaire to Jacqueline Barrett, director of the Department of Relations of the Cities Candidates.

Barrett will receive the 80 copies of the questionnaire and a folder with the guarantees demanded by the IOC, among them the one approved by the Cabinet of the Government of Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero the past month of December.

This is the meeting that Jose Antonio Samarach had with Jaca2014 organization in Barcelona last friday. Samaranch gives his support to the bid.

detallefoto1pagina42761d98174t.jpg

I think Rogge told bidders not to go personally to Lausanne for the minis submission and to do this per post, because IOC doesn't want to be on photos with bidders. That was told at the September seminar in Lausanne

Well, the Spanish news (its quoted) doesn't say that they are going to give the minibooks to Jacqueline Barrett "in person". The article says that they are going to send the answers of the questionnaire to Jacqueline Barrett, so I think that there won't be any photo with a IOC member.

Ana Galindo, ex campeona de España de esquí alpino y olímpica en los Juegos de Nagano'98 y Salt Lake City 2002, será la encargada de entregar el cuestionario de la candidatura olímpica y paralímpica de Jaca 2014 a la sede del Comité Olímpico Internacional (COI), en Lausana (Suiza).

Galindo estará acompañada por el director de Comunicación de Jaca 2014, Carlos Martín, y remitirá las respuestas del cuestionario preceptivo del Comité Olímpico Internacional a Jacqueline Barrett, directora del Departamento de Relaciones de las Ciudades Candidatas del COI.

Barrett recibirá los 80 ejemplares del cuestionario y una carpeta con las garantías exigidas por el COI, entre ellas la aprobada por el Consejo de Ministros del Gobierno de José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero el pasado mes de diciembre.

De esta forma, Jaca 2014 se adelanta un día en la fecha límite impuesta por el COI a las siete ciudades que aspiran a organizar los Juegos Olímpicos y Paralímpicos de Invierno de 2014, a los que se han presentado Jaca, Almaty (Kazajistán), Borjomi (Georgia), Pyeonchgang (Corea del Sur), Salzburgo (Austria), Sochi (Rusia) y Sofía (Bulgaria).

Ana Galindo, que dirige actualmente el Centro Especializado de Tecnificación Deportiva de Deportes de Invierno de Aragón, es una de las grandes figuras del deporte en esta región, ya que ha participado en varias Copas del Mundo de Esquí Alpino y en los Juegos Olímpicos de Nagano'98 y de Salt Lake City 2002.

Después de que las ciudades candidatas envíen el cuestionario al COI, el siguiente paso se producirá el próximo 23 de junio, cuando el Comité Ejecutivo del Comité Olímpico Internacional haga un primer corte con las ciudades finalistas, que serán inspeccionadas en febrero y marzo de 2007 por la Comisión de Evaluación. La elección final se anunciará en julio del próximo año en Guatemala.

Well, the Spanish news (its quoted) doesn't say that they are going to give the minibooks to Jacqueline Barrett "in person". The article says that they are going to send the answers of the questionnaire to Jacqueline Barrett, so I think that there won't be any photo with a IOC member.

Yes, moreover I don't think IOC people would want to be photographed with members of bid commitees, not after Salt Lake 2002

Yes, moreover I don't think IOC people would want to be photographed with members of bid commitees, not after Salt Lake 2002

Now we only have to wait until the mini bid book is posted online...

Hope that's soon!

I guess the book on the photo with Samaranch is the mini bid book of Jaca?

Yes, that is the minibook.

I have just talked with Jaca's organization and they have told me that this Thursday will be a big press conference in Zaragoza in one of the most important buildings (Pignatelli where the Delegation of Zaragoza is). There all the project of Jaca 2014 (the minibook) will be presented and explained to the press. Surely, that afternoon in Jaca will be presented officially the logo.

I have just talked with Jaca's organization and they have told me that this Thursday will be a big press conference in Zaragoza in one of the most important buildings (Pignatelli where the Delegation of Zaragoza is). There all the project of Jaca 2014 (the minibook) will be presented and explained to the press. Surely, that afternoon in Jaca will be presented officially the logo.

Exactly what Sofia did today

But thje question remains - when will it be published in Internet?

I hope that.  :D

I hope that.  :D

So... I'm not alone! D)

All the institutions of Aragón reiterate their support to Jaca 2014.

Throughout the meeting, presided  by the president of the Government of Aragón, Marcelino Igleisas, has shown not only the endorsement of all the represented administrations, but the ample knowledge that of the project the own president has.  

To the appointment three of the mayors implied in the project have gone:  the one of Zaragoza, Juan Alberto Belloch, whose paper is going to be very outstanding by the strong presence of this city in the candidacy, the one of Huesca, Fernando Elboj, and naturally the one of Jaca, Enrique Villarroya, whose diplomatic unfolding of the last dates reveals the interest of its city and all Aragón by Jaca 2014.

This is the cover of the questionnaire of Jaca 2014, you will have to extend the image, if not you won't be able to see anything.  In the cover is the Citadel of Jaca covered with snow, and in the low part it is the logo in white.

samaranch3yb.th.jpg

Friday, February 03, 2006

Jaca 2014 Bid Plan Unveiled

Should Jaca be elected host city of the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, the Games would begin January 31, 2014 with the Opening and Closing Ceremonies in Romareda Stadium where the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games soccer matches were held.

Education, Culture and Sports Minister Eva Almunia said Jaca 2014 officials had done excellent work. “We have presented a very good project and I am convinced that they are going to recognize it in the COI”. She said Jaca would be competing in the final phase of the bid process.

Enrique Villarroy, Mayor of Jaca, said that Jaca 2014 is “a project of every Aragon in which we have not excluded anyone”.

Jaca’s bid concept features two main locations - Zaragoza and Jaca. The two cities are about 142 kilometres apart with athletes and visitors being transported between the two cities by high-speed rail within 45 minutes and an hour’s drive by car.

Competitions will be held at Formigal (alpine skiing), Panticosa in the valley of Tena, (snowboarding, luge, bobsleigh and skeleton), and Astun and Candanchu in the Aragon Valley where there will be biathlon, cross-country skiing and Nordic combined. Zaragoza will host the curling, short track speed skating and figure skating competitions. Zaragoza, Huesca and Jaca will host hockey.

Jaca’s bid includes the construction of only three facilities since 75 per cent of the facilities have already been built or would be adapted for the Games.

Hotel accommodation in Zaragoza, Huesca and Jaca would surpass 28,000 rooms, more than the 25,000 required by the International Olympic Committee (IOC)

In a recent poll 91.4 percent of Argonese were in favour of Jaca’s bid for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games.

The Foundation Jaca 2014 incorporates 8 new members to its Patronage.

The Patronage of the Foundation Jaca 2014 has extended the number of its members.  The Government of Aragón, the city councils of Zaragoza and Huesca, the Provincial Delegation of Huesca, the Superior Council of Sports, the Spanish Olympic and Paralympic Committees and Miguel Sagarra, in quality of vice-president of the International Paralympic Committee, among others, have been gotten up today.

The candidacy of Jaca 2014 arrives at Turin to explain its project.

The candidacy of Jaca to organize the 2014 Winter Olympic Games is already in Turin.

Headed by Antonio Fernandez Arimany, director of the project, has traveled to the capital of Piedmont with the external adviser Marc Caballe and the director of image and communication, Carlos Martín, whereas Ana Galindo, president of the Commission of athletes of the candidacy, arrives more ahead.  All of them will attend from day 13 the Program of Observers next to representatives of the other suction cities (Salzburgo - Austria -, PyeongChang - Korea South del -, Sofía - Bulgaria -, Almaty - Kazajistán -, Sochi - Russia and Borjomi - Georgia -) and also will take advantage of to meet themselves with members of the Olympic Movement to explain the details of the project.  

In addition, Jaca 2014 also will be endorsed by the Spanish political leaders: the minister of Education, Maria Jesus San Segundo, and the Secretary of State for Deporte, Jaime Lissavetzky, will go to the ceremony of inauguration in the Comunale stage.  It will not either lack the support of the authorities of Aragón since the advisor of Education, Culture and Sport of the Government of Aragón, Eva will travel to Turin Almunia, the first lieutenant of mayor of the City council of Zaragoza, Carlos Perez Anadón, the mayor of Jaca, Enrique Villarroya, and the president of the Provincial Delegation of Huesca, Antonio Cosculluela.

umm, so someone might have asked this already but i dont want to read 100,000 posts. any concerns about basque attacks? "Basque country" is not too far...it might get ugly

Navarra, the second richest Spanish Autonomous Community is between the Basque Contry and Aragon  :rolleyes: Do you think we're always in war or with terrorist attacks? ETA is totally finished... they can't destroy at least a car, in their last attacks in January they burn some little containers. They don't kill since 2003. :rolleyes: So, little friki, what are you saying? :rolleyes:

The Winter Olympic Games would attract a million tourists to the Pyrennes if they were celebrated in Jaca.

It is the forecast that has considered Delegation of the Tourism, that agglutinates thirty of the main national companies of the sector and that decided specifically to show its adhesion to the Olympic candidacy of Jaca.

The expectations of the Spanish Committee of  Tourism are also shared in the French side. The last week, the authorities of the South of France showed also their express support the candidacy of Jaca. They also see in this Olympic aspiration an opportunity to relaunch the economy of the Pyrenean one, with the glance put in the tourism.  Opportunities that also could repel in the Gallic side of the mountain.

Archived