Bid books

My Melbourne "suitcase" is the French one, with no logo (I should put a logo, but that might just do more harm than good).

I'd like to see any future Melbourne bid to follow a similar design, rather than just copy Sydney's approach. Expect the candidate files to be in English and French, not separate. The Applicant file will be a first. Considering that it's bigger now (more detailed and better "value"), it should offer a glimpse on what the Candidate books will look like.

Athens 1996 & Athens 2004 bid books from the Olympic Exhibition at the 18th World Olympic Collectors Fair :

img2012051901524.jpg

img2012051901525.jpg

img2012051901496.jpg

img2012051901495.jpg

img2012051901494.jpg

Wow thank you so much for the photo's must be so cool to be there!

Is it more of an exhibition and not a trading place?

hope your having a great time :)

My Melbourne "suitcase" is the French one, with no logo (I should put a logo, but that might just do more harm than good).

I'd like to see any future Melbourne bid to follow a similar design, rather than just copy Sydney's approach. Expect the candidate files to be in English and French, not separate. The Applicant file will be a first. Considering that it's bigger now (more detailed and better "value"), it should offer a glimpse on what the Candidate books will look like.

Oh that's interesting, so is athens 1996 the biggest one so far cause it looks massive! Do you have your eye on any bid books right now?

I wouldn't call it sneaky, just over the top (in addition to their overall arrogance in that bid race) They probably literally thought that presenting something "big" and "grand" would be enough to get them the Centennial Games which they rightfully thought they should host. That didn't work.

I wouldn't call it sneaky, just over the top (in addition to their overall arrogance in that bid race) They probably literally thought that presenting something "big" and "grand" would be enough to get them the Centennial Games which they rightfully thought they should host. That didn't work.

Well 2004 worked and don't think they'll be back to athens for another 100 or so years...

Who do you think will have the best 2020 bid book?

Wow thank you so much for the photo's must be so cool to be there!

Is it more of an exhibition and not a trading place?

hope your having a great time :)

It is both a part of the Zappeion building for the fair and another part for a great exhibition...