Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

Well, from Globoesporte.com

engenhao_andredurao3.jpg

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/times/botafogo/noticia/2014/03/engenhao-completa-um-ano-fechado-e-causa-prejuizos-ao-botafogo-e-local.html

The renovation of the roof of the João Havelange Olympic State are following the schedule. Currently the municipality is riding 34 shoring towers. Risen with the help of cranes, steel structures emerge from the grandstand steps to ease the burden of coverage and permit the installation of masts and rods that reinforce the upper arches. When reform is complete, coverage will be retensioned and shoring towers will be removed. completion date is confirmed for the end of 2014.

This is from March 26th

I think they should start the expansion meanwhile the works in the roof.

I agree. Will they have 2 Cauldrons? 1 at the Maracana Stadium and 1 at the Olympic Athletics Stadium?

• 2 weeks later...

Why I don't see these pictures on British press, Tony?

'Olympic venue on time' (if indeed it is) isn't news anywhere in the world Danny. It's what's expected of a host.

Thanks for the pictures Bezzi.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 3

So do you agree with me that claiming all the preparations are behind schedule is inaccurate?

How is it inaccurate? Everyone can see the Preparations are behind schedule. Maracana is one of the rare Completed Venues for Rio 2016. Others need Building or Renovating and are delayed.

• Like 1

DONE AND READY to be used:

Maracana Stadium
Maracanazinho Arena

Maria Lenk Aquatic Center

Julio Delamare Pool Complex

HSBC Arena

Shooting Stand at Deodoro

Sambadrome

All football venues

Canoe/Kayak Stadium on Lagoa

Referees Village

Athletes Park

On schedule:

Olympic Village

Golf Course

Joao Havelange OS (since the schedule to it expansion was 2015 since the beginning)

Port Area Media Village

And works at full steam (but with late start):

Olympic Park

(Velodrome, Tennis Courts, Main Swimming Center and 3 Olympic Halls)

Velodrome

RioCentro Halls

Anti-Doping Laboratory at Federal University of Rio

To say no works in Deodoro so far, Guanabara Bay is on trouble, there are IFs complaining about lack of renders, IOC is not happy with the preparations at all, political problems on the relationship between Brazil and IOC... <--- All of this is true and I'm not arguing against it.

And I'm not saying the prepations are okay or there aren't worries over Rio venues. But to claim "Maracana is one of the rare venues done" is not TRUE.

DONE AND READY to be used:

Maracana Stadium

Maracanazinho Arena

HSBC Arena

Sambadrome

All football venues

Canoe/Kayak Stadium on Lagoa

Referees Village

Athletes Park

On schedule:

Olympic Village

Golf Course

Joao Havelange OS (since the schedule to it expansion was 2015 since the beginning)

Port Area Media Village

Olympic Park

Velodrome

RioCentro Halls

To say no works in Deodoro so far, Guanabara Bay is on trouble, there are IFs complaining about lack of renders, IOC is not happy with the preparations at all, political problems on the relationship between Brazil and IOC... <--- All of this is true and I'm not arguing against it.

And I'm not saying the prepations are okay or there aren't worries over Rio venues. But to claim "Maracana is one of the rare venues done" is not TRUE.

Who's posting inaccurate information now? Maracanazinho Arena and Maria Lenk Aquatic Center need Renovations. So they aren't ready.

Who's posting inaccurate information now? Maracanazinho Arena and Maria Lenk Aquatic Center need Renovations. So they aren't ready.

No, Maracanazinho need to expand two locker rooms (that can't even be considered renovation) and Maria Lenk, as far as I know is ready.

(EDIT) Maria Lenk only need a warm-up pool nearby. It's something simple and fast to build. The state of art structure is ready.

The canoe/kayak venue is to be in Deodoro and it isn't even started.

Sorry, it's rowing venue in Lagoa. Canoe/Kayak is the whitewater Stadium (that worries me), I made a mess with translations.

And the rowing stadium needs some minor adjustments, it can't be considered renovations too.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

No, Maracanazinho need to expand two locker rooms (that can't even be considered renovation) and Maria Lenk, as far as I know is ready.

Sorry, it's rowing venue in Lagoa. Canoe/Kayak is the whitewater Stadium (that worries me), I made a mess with translations.

Maria Lenk is not ready. Also, a change in the Venue is a Renovation. Your information my friend, is inaccurate.

If some minor works required is considered "renovation", no single venue will be ready until weeks before the games in no city around the world hosting Olympic Games.

Sambadrome need some fences to Marathon arrival, Maracana needs to find a place to put the cauldron, the Julio Delamare needs new seating and HSBC Arena neeed some colorful banners with Rio 2016 logos all around.

Maria Lenk is not ready. Also, a change in the Venue is a Renovation. Your information my friend, is inaccurate.

The main venue, yes, ir ready.

From lancenet.com

Adaptations to the Maria Lenk Aquatic Park.
The main work is to build a new swimming pool for wam-up.
You can have the entire report over all Maria Lenk needs in this link, all of them temporary structure.

If some minor works required is considered "renovation", no single venue will be ready until weeks before the games in no city around the world hosting Olympic Games.

Sambadrome need some fences to Marathon arrival, Maracana needs to find a place to put the cauldron, the Julio Delamare needs new seating and HSBC Arena neeed some colorful banners with Rio 2016 logos all around.

The main venue, yes, ir ready.

From lancenet.com

Adaptations to the Maria Lenk Aquatic Park.
The main work is to build a new swimming pool for wam-up.
You can have the entire report over all Maria Lenk needs in this link, all of them temporary structure.

A Warm-Up Pool is essential. It's a Renovation! Your information stating Maria Lenk is ready is inaccurate. Otherwise, Maracana was ready for 2014 in 1960, when it's not the case! Putting up Fences is alot smaller then Expanding Locker Rooms.

Like...

- Outdoor lighting design harmonized with the Masterplan
- Architecture Project contemplating the removal of seats for locating people with special needs and the installation of seats for companions PNE in "Lounge" Olympic Family and spectators' area; and other interventions raised in diagnosis
- Urbanization Project for compliance of paving and outdoor lighting with the design of the Olympic Park (Masterplan)
- Medical posts of athletes and spectators with respect to the width and turning stretchers and creating accessible toilet

A Warm-Up Pool is essential. It's a Renovation! Your information stating Maria Lenk is ready is inaccurate. Otherwise, Maracana was ready for 2014 in 1960, when it's not the case! Putting up Fences is alot smaller then Expanding Locker Rooms.

As I told you, one thing is minor adjustments that can be settle easy and quickly, the worse part is to build an entire venue. The venue is ready. Maria Lenk need complimentary works and small ones.

Like...

- Outdoor lighting design harmonized with the Masterplan
- Architecture Project contemplating the removal of seats for locating people with special needs and the installation of seats for companions PNE in "Lounge" Olympic Family and spectators' area; and other interventions raised in diagnosis
- Urbanization Project for compliance of paving and outdoor lighting with the design of the Olympic Park (Masterplan)
- Medical posts of athletes and spectators with respect to the width and turning stretchers and creating accessible toilet

As I told you, one thing is minor adjustments that can be settle easy and quickly, the worse part is to build an entire venue. The venue is ready. Maria Lenk need complimentary works and small ones.

But it's not Completely Ready! It's not up to Standards at the moment for Rio 2016, so it shouldn't be called Completed.

All stadiums need some complimentary works, adaptations, look of the games banner, fences, some new restrooms, some additional elevator. That's not renovations, that's are complimentary works. If we count this as required to consider everything done, so nothing in Rio is done.

But it's not Completely Ready! It's not up to Standards at the moment for Rio 2016, so it shouldn't be called Completed.

But they won't ever be done until weeks before the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If place mascot statues in front of every single venue be mandatory, so, by your standards, no venue will ever be ready until, for example, 2 days before the games when they finally placed a statue of the mascot in front of them?

Sorry, I don't agree with it.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

All stadiums need some complimentary works, adaptations, look of the games banner, fences, some new restrooms, some additional elevator. That's not renovations, that's are complimentary works. If we count this as required to consider everything done, so nothing in Rio is done.

Yawns. End of argument, I cannot be bothered to keep going around and around and around and around in circles with you. You say Rio is delayed, which I congratulate your honesty for, but you always have to add something to try and make it look not as serious, when it's in serious delays. Stop with the denying and stop with bullying the British Media, when the Rio 2016 stories are in all Media outlets.

Right now, no stadium of the World Cup have the banners, FIFA signs or FIFA official restaurantes and fast-food stuff (because they will be done from May 19th on), so no single stadium in Brazil is ready for the World Cup?

when the Rio 2016 stories are in all Media outlets.

Yeah, but the worldwide media outlets are not claiming Rio games can be moved to London, actually, they are pointing, it's tabloid news and must be seen with caution. Nuff said.

DONE (need small complimentary works required to Olympic Games)

Maracana Stadium
Maracanazinho Arena

HSBC Arena

Sambadrome

All football venues

Rowing Stadium on Lagoa

Referees Village

Athletes Park

On schedule:

Olympic Village

Golf Course

Port Area Media Village

Olympic Park

Velodrome

RioCentro Halls

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

Right now, no stadium of the World Cup have the banners, FIFA signs or FIFA official restaurantes and fast-food stuff (because they will be done from May 19th on), so no single stadium in Brazil is ready for the World Cup?

Yeah, but the worldwide media outlets are not claiming Rio games can be moved to London, actually, they are pointing, it's tabloid news and must be seen with caution. Nuff said.

1 Newspaper doesn't represent all our Media.

1 Newspaper doesn't represent all our Media.

Never claimed that (I made a big post saying nice things about the great The Guardian), but most of your media gave some credit to the news.

Never claimed that (I made a big post saying nice things about the great The Guardian), but most of your media gave some credit to the news.

Yawns. At the end of the day, all Media will and can lie to make a Story and Money and Rio is delayed.