Is There A Website To Watch The Opening Ceremony Live?

Anyone know of any sites that will cover the opening ceremonies live? I live in NY and NBC coverage starts at 8pm on the t.v. but I want to watch it live. I heard something like sohu.com has the rights to air the opening ceremony live but I cant seem to navigate this site because of the chinese characters.

Do you have satellite? If you do, catch the CBC (main network) here in Canada at 7am your time Fridayfor live coverage of the Opening.

Anyone know of any sites that will cover the opening ceremonies live? I live in NY and NBC coverage starts at 8pm on the t.v. but I want to watch it live. I heard something like sohu.com has the rights to air the opening ceremony live but I cant seem to navigate this site because of the chinese characters.

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/story/2008/07/1...c-coverage.html

check this link.

There will be 9 live streams per day (3rd last para).

Might be more useful info here. As well as a detailed look at another country's athletes!!!

That is likely limited to Canadian citizens only.

Not true.

This is a computer link.

Citizenry has nothing to do with it.

But it will be restricted to those in Canada only.

Why don't you give it a try now?

That's the easiest way to find out.

The link is to a website, so there will be access to anyone, anywhere.

Check for the times of "streaming."

you think you know everything, but it is obvious you dont know nothing I HATE KNOWITALLS

First off I never acted as if I was a know it all. I am saying that it will likely only be available to those with Canadian IPs for the same reason why CCTV 9 will not be airing any Olympics coverage. NBC has the rights to broadcast in America. CBC has the right in Canada. No where else. As of right now the videos work for me, but come 8.8.08, I'm not expecting it to work. I do hope that it does though. I think it's odd that CBC allows me to watch video online, since Global & CTV don't allow me to.

Also to whoever that rediculous poster before me, that targeted me for no reason, since you know something, I would expect you to know it's "you don't know anything". So clearly all you proved, was that you don't know anything. :rolleyes:

First off I never acted as if I was a know it all. I am saying that it will likely only be available to those with Canadian IPs for the same reason why CCTV 9 will not be airing any Olympics coverage. NBC has the rights to broadcast in America. CBC has the right in Canada. No where else. As of right now the videos work for me, but come 8.8.08, I'm not expecting it to work. I do hope that it does though. I think it's odd that CBC allows me to watch video online, since Global & CTV don't allow me to.

Also to whoever that rediculous poster before me, that targeted me for no reason, since you know something, I would expect you to know it's "you don't know anything". So clearly all you proved, was that you don't know anything. :rolleyes:

thanks for the correction smartass

I tried to watch the Opening Ceremony of Torino 2006 and all the webpages said that they didn't broadcast to other countries... so I couldn't watch the ceremony :(

I suppose the same thing will happen now...