Photos Of Chicago's Venues

Marathon Start - Buckingham Fountain

3410947454_1e15bfd39a.jpg

Archery - Grant Park (Hutchinson Field / Softball)

Chicago-CityFromGrantPark-9-25-03r.jpg

Rowing - Grant Park Lakefront

3658205547_72e64e787a.jpg

Canoe/Kayak, Beach Volleyball and Sailing - Northerly Island

ChicagoNight121704_21.jpg

Football (soccer) - Soldier Field

chicago_bears.jpg

Modern Pentathlon - Ryan Field (Northwestern University)

ryan-big.jpg

Entertainment Venue - Millennium Park

212507784_9af564d5f1.jpg

(more to come)

McCormick Place Convention Center -

Sports include badminton, basketball preliminaries, fencing, handball, judo, rhythmic gymnastics, table tennis, taekwondo, volleyball, weightlifting and wrestling.

exterior

McCormick-Place-Rentals.gif

mccormick_place1.jpg

ProjectPage_ConventionCenter_Mccormick_2.jpg

McCormickWest_01.jpg

030844A.jpg

interior

ins_173_04_mccormick.jpg

See image galley of interiors

McCormick Place annually hosts the nation’s largest auto show (3rd largest in the world) with 1.2 million visitors over nine days.

FromAbove.jpg

Great pics. I haven't been too Chicago but Lincoln Park looks a bit small for a tennis venue. While I'm not a fan of putting baseball back into the program, I won't deny that it would be great to see an Olympic baseball tournament at historic Wrigley Field.

Sorry that angle of Lincoln Park does not really show the Tennis Venue -

These two pics should give you a better idea -

tennisvk9.jpg

tennis-center.jpg

Here are some more pics of McCormick Place to give you an idea of how massive it is -

McC_CampusMap_new.gif

2584558566_8eb54826ee_o.jpg

246103886_693c74dca8_o.jpg

23943577_a0602760f5_o.jpg

Another Soldier Field pic -

295211863_e6ffae38b5_b.jpg

Oh OK, I see now how you could fit a tennis venue in there. I like Soldier Field but I think it's lost some of its charm ever since it underwent that massive renovation a few years ago. It'll be great to see it used once again for soccer though.

Speaking of the soccer venues, I saw in their bid book one of the venues for the prelims was the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. Will FIFA likely raise objections to this or does the IOC have final say?

Oh OK, I see now how you could fit a tennis venue in there. I like Soldier Field but I think it's lost some of its charm ever since it underwent that massive renovation a few years ago. It'll be great to see it used once again for soccer though.

Speaking of the soccer venues, I saw in their bid book one of the venues for the prelims was the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. Will FIFA likely raise objections to this or does the IOC have final say?

I agree that they should not have gutted the exterior of the stadium, and it lost its historic status because of it. A World Cup qualifier was played at Soldier Field last month, but it sure does not see soccer as much since the Fire moved to Toyota Park.

I really don't know much about the St. Louis Dome - is it not large enough for soccer?

Here are the other soccer venues -

football-prelims01.jpg

football-prelims02.jpg

I'd like to see pics of the Athletes Beach at the Olympic Village

This is the closest I could fine. The actual beach is about one kilometer to the south of here. McCormick Place is the buildings below the skyline with the trees and greenery.

mccormick-place.jpg

Archived