Nbc Starting To Push Vancouver 2010 !

What I don't get is why NBC spends all that money on rights and then doesn't even use the official Games logo.

I dunno, maybe because they think their own logo gets across their message of "NBC's coverage of 'x' Olympics" better than the Illanaaq or "dancing Beijing" logos?

-----------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca2n_S34dz4

^Anyone know what's with "24/7/12/365?"

But what is the actual logo going to look like that we see painted on walls, etc at 2010 events? Is it the Inukchuk? Or is it another emblem?

I understoof the Inukshuk was the official emblem of the Games. God forbid if we're going to see that everywhere.

Are you really that shallow?

That's the final logo, and it goes back to the generic logos NBC has used for Olympic broadcasts before Beijing. You'd have to be delusional to think they're gonna change it.....and really, it's not a big deal - it may be unoriginal, but it's still heaps better than Torino, Athens, SLC, and Sydney....

I'd like to see the http://www.nbcolympics.com site phase out Beijing now and start emphasizing Vancouver.

It'll probably remain Beijing oriented through December 31st, as that's when all their online video material (complete ceremonies, live streams, interviews, etc.) from Beijing is stated to be taken down. And even then, they’ll probably just use the Vancouver page they have now. Don’t have a cow about it.

If I recall correctly, the Torino stuff was up for a few months and then nbcolympics.com directed to nbc.com for a year or so before Beijing. After all, what can they tell you about what's going to happen in 2010 when we don't yet know who the competitors or ones to watch will be? And if you want info on Vancouver, Vanoc, and the preparations, that's what vancouver2010.com is for.