Dyo

PYRROS2004

Dimitris Papaioannou, Choreographer of the Olympic Games 2004, presents his first work after that year, which is called "Dyo"( two). It will be presented in the renovated hall Pallas for 20 nights. The show will be performed by 20 male dancers, presenting a sort of cynic and tender game among men.

The music is composed by Konstantinos B (he composed the music of 'Klepsythra' at the Opening Ceremony), lighting director is Eleftheria Deko (she lighted the Olympic Stadium and won an EMMY award), art director costumes by Aggelos Mendis (he created the costumes of the Klepsythra), and the videos are made by Athina Tsaggari (she created the countdown video at the Opening Ceremony).

The show is sold out and that's why they will give another 20 shows.

You can see the TV ad here:

http://www.ticketshop.gr/home/images/papaioannoy2.wmv

i remember reading an interview about papaioannou "it was very interresting how many producers around the world called me and wanted me to make a show.. well none of them understood my work.. so i always answered no thank you, i am the wrong man"..

I saw the add last week and i have to say that i am very sad cause i can not visit the show, i am in germany rigth now until christmas.. :(.. i was very pleased to see that papaioannou said no to all those "las vegas" proposals around the world and he continues with what he really wants to do... he is a genius.. and k.bhta is also a genius, a fantastic unique composer...

There was no real choreography in the Opening. I mean - what? running thru the 10" high water? Playing around? Behaving promiscously before the world? What real choreography was there? :rolleyes: The parade of history was all statues -- OK, 2 boxers, or a dick here and a dick there moving. But there was no choreography in the Western sense of the word.

This new show? All running? :rolleyes:

There was no real choreography in the Opening. I mean - what? running thru the 10" high water? Playing around? Behaving promiscously before the world? What real choreography was there? The parade of history was all statues -- OK, 2 boxers, or a dick here and a dick there moving. But there was no choreography in the Western sense of the word.

This new show? All running

baron you are a real phenomenon!! i suppose that you are one of those who did understood nothing.. As for choreography perhaps you can explain to us what a choreography is..?

The Opening was a theatralical act which includes choreography as part of it. A choreography is part of drama, is the acting of choros...

It can be also a standalone performance, just an interpretation of music known as dancing perfomance in the "western sense of the world"

In a choreography the tempo of the movement is irrelevant.. Also a choreography do not has to be harmonic...

As for: "running thru the 10" high water? Playing around? Behaving promiscously before the world?"

Once again you show that you understand nothing.. In this part of the ceremony, papaioannou is making a tribute to "pathos". This is what makes humans unique, the mainly reason why the human is a creativ being, why humans creates new life...

baron you are a real phenomenon!!

Thank you. It's nice to hear a word of encouragement some time.

Choreography to me is: OK, kick, one-two-three! Hold your carriage high! OK, Now lift the baton yea high...strut left...strut right.... in time with the music.. That's what choreography is about. What you see in the stages of London, New York, Las Vegas.

I know there is such a thing as "movement." But that's for those people who couldn't quite get their certificates/degrees in Dance, Terpsichore (notice - I used a Greek word!! :D ) and Choreography (I know, another Greek-originated word.) :)

But I mean that guy on the block in mid-air... he was just moving to hold on for dear life as the block revolved. :blink: If I were up there too, I would probably do the same movements.

OK...there was some choreography...

But I mean that guy on the block in mid-air

you mean the artist balancing on the haexahedron (cube)? the cube invated by human, a perfect geometrical shape which does not appears in nature, a proof of human intelligence and logic,... the balancing a symbolism of the harmonic interlinking of the human nature with logic, intelligence.. the reason of human evolution..?...

I know there is such a thing as "movement." But that's for those people who couldn't quite get their certificates/degrees in Dance, Terpsichore (notice - I used a Greek word!!) and Choreography (I know, another Greek-originated word.)

This is an ignorrant statement. I could answer, that this cheerleaders "OK, kick, one-two-three! Hold your carriage high! OK, Now lift the baton yea high...strut left...strut right...." choreography is the primitive type of choreography,...

As for Papaioannou new play:

2 is a play of cynical and tender problems of mans nature and the relation between men..

But I mean that guy on the block in mid-air

you mean the artist balancing on the haexahedron (cube)? the cube invated by human, a perfect geometrical shape which does not appears in nature, a proof of human intelligence and logic,... the balancing a symbolism of the harmonic interlinking of the human nature with logic, intelligence.. the reason of human evolution..?...

Oy! :rolleyes: You're reading way, way more into all those elements than there are or are worth it.

This is an ignorrant statement. I could answer, that this cheerleaders "OK, kick, one-two-three! Hold your carriage high! OK, Now lift the baton yea high...strut left...strut right...." choreography is the primitive type of choreography,...

And obviously, we come from 2 different worlds. Yours too is an ignorant statement. What I mentioned could also be choreography for something as beautiful as A CHORUS LINE. And obviously, it was just a sample -- it wasn't an exact sequence of steps. :rolleyes:

Oy! :rolleyes: You're reading way, way more into all those elements than there are or are worth it.

No, you are just no able to see what i mean or better what papaioannou ment... or do you think he spent 3 years on preparations, to let someone walk in a box just because it looks nice???...

And obviously, we come from 2 different worlds. Yours too is an ignorant statement. What I mentioned could also be choreography for something as beautiful as A CHORUS LINE. And obviously, it was just a sample -- it wasn't an exact sequence of steps. :rolleyes:

Yes it would be an ignorant statement.. but it isnt my opinion.. This is why i wrote "I could say..."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived