GamesBids FIFA WC 2026 Logo Comp  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo Should Progress from SEMI FINAL 1?

2. 2. Which Logo Should Progress from SEMI FINAL 2?

Peep!

SF intro

The Gamesbids Logo World Cup is really hotting up - it's time for the Semi-Finals.

The groups knocked out 4, the QFs knocked out another 4, & now just 4 remain to battle it out to be champion - and each is just 2 wins from the title.

The picture in Rols' post above shows our 4 entries in 2 pairs - the SF matches. Each of the 2 polls at the top refers to one of these matches. As there are only 2 matches, the polls are both on this thread, but for clarity, the SF matchups are as follows:

SF1: USA 1 v China 1.

SF2: Spain v England.

No confusion with other threads, all you need is here.

Here are the rules for voting in this stage:

1) It's one vote per person, per match. You can vote in either or both matches as you wish.

2) You have 24 hours to vote - voting in this stage is open until 11pm UK time on SATURDAY 9 JULY.

3) The winning logo in each match at the close will progress to the next round - the World Cup Final.

4) If a match ends in a draw, I will take the penalty shoot-out (casting vote). I will not vote in the regular voting time, & if I do need to use a casting vote, I will base it first on suitability for an actual World Cup & then on my own subjective opinion.

5) You can vote for your own logo if you want to.

6) Only the winners progress - there is no third-place play off.

Our vote scrutiniser - Mr S. Blither - is here to ensure it all goes well. If you have any questions, slide him a brown envelope under the table & he'll see what he can do.

At the end of this round, the Final will be contested between the two remaining logos. The final, and the competition, will culminate on Sunday 10 July, just after the new European champions are crowned.

All that's left to say now is thanks to Rols for being his usual good egg & enabling this to happen, good luck to all our contenders, & may the best logo win. Happy voting!

I just wanna say - I am fricken stunned that my Liberty has made it this far. Mucho thanks to everyone who's supported it thus far.

Guess it makes this Aussie the last standard bearer for the USA now! That's what I've liked about this format - it's made it a bit more unpredictable than in past logo votes. Nice to see four different countries advance to the semis. And all four could be realistic real life contenders for 2026.

Good luck to everyone remaining!

Edited by Sir Rols

The Semi-finals are now over - voting is CLOSED. The results of SFs 1 & 2 are as follows:

SF1: USA 1: 6. China 1: 9.

SF2: Spain: 9. England: 6.

We therefore must say goodbye to Rols' USA entry, and to Davey's England entry. This is the end of the road for both countries as the final is China v Spain. However, we do need to say goodbye to Rols and Davey - the final is JO2024 against himself :P.

The 2 winners progress to the Gamesbids Logo World Cup Final, where they will play each other for the title. The big match will be:

Final: China 1 v Spain.

The Final will begin soon, as soon as the poll can be started. In the meantime, commiserations to the 2 who were so near yet so far, and well done to our finalists :)

I really like this voting format, really good job guys

Yoshi's idea. And I thought it was fitting for a WC comp. Stay tuned during Rio. I have some ideas about how I could use this format in a.... let's say I'll say more about it in about a month.

And, Yeah, commiserations Davey. I would have liked to face up against you in the Final :P

Good luck to JO2024 and JO2024! Told you they were GBids comp quality.