Volleyball (Indoor) at the 2012 Summer Olympics

The women start out the indoor volleyball competition by playing their preliminary rounds today, as follows:

Group A:

- Algeria vs. Japan @ 09:30 BST;

- Great Britain vs. Russia @ 14:45 BST;

- Italy vs. Dominican Republics @ 16:45.

Group B:

- China vs. Serbia @ 11:30 BST;

- United States vs. South Korea @ 20:00 BST;

- Brazil vs. Turkey @ 22:00 BST.

Link: http://www.london2012.com/volleyball/schedule-and-results/day=28-july/all-day.html

volleyball.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 29 sees the debut of the men's indoor volleyball competition. The following nations have their matches as scheduled below.

Group A:

- Great Britain vs. Bulgaria @ 09:30 BST;

- Australia vs. Argentina @ 14:45 BST;

- Italy vs. Poland @ 20:00 BST.

Group B:

- Russia vs. Germany @ 11:30 BST;

- United States vs. Serbia @ 16:45 BST;

- Brazil vs. Tunisia @ 22:00 BST.

Link: http://www.london2012.com/volleyball/schedule-and-results/day=29-july/all-day.html

volleyball.jpg

Today (July 30) sees the women continue with their preliminary rounds.

Group A:

- Dominican Republic vs. Russia @ 14:45 BST;

- Italy vs. Japan @ 20:00 BST;

- Great Britain vs. Algeria @ 22:00 BST.

Group B:

- China vs. Turkey @ 09:30 BST;

- Serbia vs. South Korea @ 11:30 BST;

- United States vs. Brazil @ 16:45 BST.

Link: http://www.london2012.com/volleyball/schedule-and-results/day=30-july/all-day.html

volleyball.jpg

Big question: Russia or Brazil (men's)?

Men's, if I am able to answer your question there. Besides, Russia and Brazil qualified in both men's and women's events.

US women down Brazilianas in 1st set. 25-17.

Brazilian fans will have to learn some courtesy come 2016 TO NOT boo the servers while they are serving.

Americanas blow out Brasilianas 25-17 in 2nd set!!

C'mon, booing servers is Okay in Volley (happens everywhere in World League)...

And as you see, didn't work.

PS: "Americanas" and "Brasileiras"

That's the Portuguese-Braz. But in the rest of the world, the term used is Brazilians.

What I'm saying Danny is that you will host in 2016, so as the HOST country, you will have to be more polite to the visiting teams. That will make you a better host.

I agree with you, Baron... But Volleyball have organized crowd of supporters for decades, people in Brazil does love Volley, it's our #2 sport, I don't think people will change their habits in this very sport.

But for gymnastics, ceremonies and stuff, media is already talkning about the booings and how IT IS NOT NICE to boo athletes.

In the PanAms people already changed their minds... But Soccer, Volley, Basketball, Handball... I don't think big changes will happen...

PS: In spanish is "Brasileños" and not "Brasilianos" hehehe

PS: In spanish is "Brasileños" and not "Brasilianos" hehehe

I know that. Did I use "Brasilianos"? Besides, my keyboard does not have enye character.

Danny, if FIFA can (try to) erase racism in football, if the Chinese taxi drivers were forced to learn some English and the Beijingese were instructed NOT TO SPIT in public for Beijing 2008, I am sure Brazilians can be taught some basic sports etiquette. Especially after 2014, there will be NO EXCUSE to maintain the discourteous audience habits.

I know that. Did I use "Brasilianos"? Besides, my keyboard does not have enye character.

Danny, if FIFA can (try to) erase racism in football, if the Chinese taxi drivers were forced to learn some English and the Beijingese were instructed NOT TO SPIT in public for Beijing 2008, I am sure Brazilians can be taught some basic sports etiquette. Especially after 2014, there will be NO EXCUSE to maintain the discourteous audience habits.

Again, I agree with you TOTALLY, Baron...

It would be nice to have no single booing in all Olympic Games (something London already can not be proud of after UK crowd booing Japanese gymnastic athletes and referees yesterday).

I do think Brazil will boo less and will not boo individual sports (much was said about this here in Brazil lately).

This will be really achieved, but I don't think booing servers in Volley is really a problem, but something normal to Volleyball matches, indeed, outside Brazil.

Ok, it's not common to American audience, but for sure in Poland, for example in the last World League.

It's something related to team-sports people are used to in many countries.

More men's indoor volleyball matches for July 31.

Group A:

- Poland vs. Bulgaria @ 11:30 BST;

- Italy vs. Argentina @ 14:45 BST;

- Great Britain vs. Australia @ 20:00 BST.

Group B:

- Serbia vs. Tunisia @ 09:30 BST;

- United States vs. Germany @ 16:45 BST;

- Brazil vs. Russia @ 22:00 BST.

Link: http://www.london2012.com/volleyball/schedule-and-results/day=31-july/all-day.html

volleyball.jpg

Archived