Geneva 2022

Welcome to Geneva and Lake Geneva Region, the general transportation/map...

FAST, CONVENIENT and RELIABLE

i1089228_transportationmap.jpg

main international airport: Genève-Cointrin

three other international airports near the Lake Geneva Region: Zurich, Lyon and Paris (just three hours from Geneva by high speed train)

V.I.P airport: Lausanne

three Olympic railway stations, Geneva, Lausanne and Aigle connected with some of the major European cities...

the three mountain's resorts linked with Aigle by train

a very efficient motorway system to reach Lausanne and the mountain's cluster of Aigle...

Welcome, Bienvenue...

(more in the bid book)

Welcome to Geneva and Lake Geneva Region, the general transportation/map...

FAST, CONVENIENT and RELIABLE

main international airport: Genève-Cointrin

three other international airports near the Lake Geneva Region: Zurich, Lyon and Paris (just three hours from Geneva by high speed train)

V.I.P airport: Lausanne

three Olympic railway stations, Geneva, Lausanne and Aigle connected with some of the major European cities...

the three mountain's resorts linked with Aigle by train

a very efficient motorway system to reach Lausanne and the mountain's cluster of Aigle...

Welcome, Bienvenue...

(more in the bid book)

Is all rail existing and what are travel times?

I'm inlove with your graphics. I do wish I had more time for a Zurich bid given all the fascinating things I have already learnt about Zurich but could never compete with your graphics.

In your venue concept above you do what many bid cities fail to do i.e. Communicate their venue or overall masterplan in a simple effective manner.

What I would like to see if travel time between clusters and modes of transport e.g. rail a black line connecting the two clusters, a red line adjacent to it for buses, while connections to some clusters would only have a bus or rail or tram connection.

Alternatively simply differentiate between transport links based on whether its existing or new/planned.

right now, all railways are existing (except the Lyon/Turin connexion which is still under construction)

just some improvements are needed for the Games but the main thing is already there

travel time and more informations will come soon (bus, tram, regional express train, lake's shuttle...)

...but

by train in 2010

Geneva/Lausanne-35 mn

Geneva/Aigle-1h10 mn

Paris/Geneva-3h05 mn

Aigle/Leysin-18 mn

The GENEVA 2022 bid team announces a partnership with RailAway and SBB CFF FFS (National Railway System) for its transportation's plan.

This agreement is based on the concept of total mobility: "Swiss Pass" (already in place for the whole Switzerland)

"Swiss Pass

The Swiss Pass affords you unlimited travel on Swiss Travel System’s public transport network on either 4, 8, 15 or 22 consecutive days or one entire month. Choose your personal travel route from approximately 20’000 kilometers of train, (postal) bus or boat routes. Your personal choice includes the classic scenic routes, the public transport systems of 38 Swiss cities, and gives you 50% discount on most mountain-top trains and cable cars. To top it off, you will profit from free entries to approx. 450 museums and other interesting discounts accorded to you by our Bonus Partners.

The Swiss Pass is available from our partners throughout Europe as well as from the Online-Shop."

Swiss Pass link

For the Olympic Games it will be adapted to the Lake Geneva Region to make trips easier and more convenient inside the Olympic area.

For the olympics it will be named Olympic Pass.

Welcome to the GENEVA 2022 OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC MASTER PLAN...part 2

Today...Vallée de JOUX CLUSTER (Cross-country, Biathlon, Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined)

The Vallée de Joux is a valley of the Jura Mountains in the swiss Canton of Vaud located at 20 miles (50 km) North from Geneva.

With a superb background of snowy land, forests, peaks and lakes, the Jura Mountain is a terrific country to practice Nordic ski.

The Vallée de Joux is with Neuchâtel, the birthplace of the Swiss horology and still home of the most famous swiss watch factories, like Jaeger Le Coultre, Audemars Piguet, Blancpain, Claude Meylan, Patek Philippe & Co. and Vacheron Constantin ("the watch Valley").

Welcome, Bienvenue...

valleedejoux.jpg

valleeJouxOK1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived