Wimbledon 2009

His serve will always give him a chance and the longer he works with Larry Stefanki, the more his all-round game will improve. Perhaps a more pertinent question tonight, however, is how many more majors can Federer win?

Has Stefanki earned his money or what?? He's achieved an amazing turnaround in Roddick's game.He seems almost like a different player than the one Murray beat so comfortably in the final in Doha last January! He's taken us all by surprise at Wimbledon this year and Murray,Federer and others who used to beat him so regularly now realise that they must treat him with new respect and tread warily when coming up against him!

I wonder what Larry has been putting in his food? I'd like to try some myself!! :P

As for Federer,I guess much will depend on how soon Nadal will get back to shape and return to the tour.So far,only Nadal has managed to beat Fed in a Grand Slam final although Rodders came so heartbreakingly close today.Roger's looking like he's back to his old self again and I still think he has a few more left in him,but the competition is getting tighter!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's that coming from? I haven't heard anything since he pulled out of Wimbledon, but given that he tried to give it a go to be fit for Wimbledon I was expecting to see him playing again before the US Open.

Where's that coming from? I haven't heard anything since he pulled out of Wimbledon, but given that he tried to give it a go to be fit for Wimbledon I was expecting to see him playing again before the US Open.

As I said: From the German commentator! He said, that these RUMORS are among Spanish players.

Parallel to Wimbledon was a tournament in Braunschweig (Brunswick) with Spanish players. Thats probably the source of the commentator. Again, only rumors. But Nadal wont play Davis Cup this weekend.

I think it's highly unlikely we will see Nadal in action again prior to the US Open.He may play one of the Masters tournaments that come just before,eg.Cincinnati to see if he is fully fit and ready.

Parallel to Wimbledon was a tournament in Braunschweig (Brunswick) with Spanish players. Thats probably the source of the commentator. Again, only rumors. But Nadal wont play Davis Cup this weekend.

Where is that? I have always wondered if its New Brunswick, were is the old Brunswick.

I think it's highly unlikely we will see Nadal in action again prior to the US Open.He may play one of the Masters tournaments that come just before,eg.Cincinnati to see if he is fully fit and ready.

According to the ATP website,Nadal is planning to defend his title at the Montreal Masters on August 10 if all goes well with his fitness programme.

So I was almost spot-on with my prediction! B)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/20...eal-Return.aspx

Where is that? I have always wondered if its New Brunswick, were is the old Brunswick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braunschweig

To be fair, there is no need for the Spanish team to take a risk if Nadal is not fully fit.

Archived