Montreal's Stadium

stevie

... Moscow and, to a lesser extent, Los Angeles taught the NOC's and some governments the pointlessness of an Olympic boycott - did the US led boycott of the Moscow Games have any influence on Soviet foreign policy?  No, it only went so far as to further increase hostility between the two nations and deny many talented US athletes the chance of Olympic success.  Perhaps the most obvious lessons of recent Games came from Atlanta.

What?  :suspect:  How did the subject on architecture connect with the boycotts that took place in 1980 and 1984?  (Actually, the first mini-boycott happened in Montreal, so....?)  And then you've gone on to Atlanta, after the mention of Moscow and LA?  Atlanta had the highest participation of Olympic membership available at the time.  I'm afraid I don't follow your non-sequitirs, Mr. Stu.

... Moscow and, to a lesser extent, Los Angeles taught the NOC's and some governments the pointlessness of an Olympic boycott - did the US led boycott of the Moscow Games have any influence on Soviet foreign policy?  No, it only went so far as to further increase hostility between the two nations and deny many talented US athletes the chance of Olympic success.  Perhaps the most obvious lessons of recent Games came from Atlanta.

What?  :suspect:  How did the subject on architecture connect with the boycotts that took place in 1980 and 1984?  (Actually, the first mini-boycott happened in Montreal, so....?)  And then you've gone on to Atlanta, after the mention of Moscow and LA?  Atlanta had the highest participation of Olympic membership available at the time.  I'm afraid I don't follow your non-sequitirs, Mr. Stu.

lol - I was trying to make a point that all Olympics provide the IOC with problems that they have to learn from so that they can be prevented at future Games - it's not only on issues such as architecture or a buildings legacy.  I suppose I did over portray my point!

:upside:

• 3 weeks later...
By the way, I taught you might be interested, but the Olympic Stadium used to host Baseball games (Montreal Expo) before the team wase move to Washington. And also, they are building a new mega-hospital in montreal, and at one point the Olympic Stadium wase concidered as a location (-_-).

Archived