AP Medal Picks

On 31/07/2016 at 10:15 AM, micheal_warren said:

Thanks for sharing. New Zealand predicted here to win 11 gold, 4 silver and 8 bronze. 

Meeeeh...yeeeaaahh...naaah...yeah?

A higher total medal count but not topping the gold haul of 2012 (and I hope to be proven wrong). Have not invested any emotions in our team sports...(not expecting anything from Rugby or Field Hockey.)

1 hour ago, Alexjc said:

Meeeeh...yeeeaaahh...naaah...yeah?

A higher total medal count but not topping the gold haul of 2012 (and I hope to be proven wrong). Have not invested any emotions in our team sports...(not expecting anything from Rugby or Field Hockey.)

Well you are certainly in a positive mood. I think there is quite a good chance of topping the 6 gold in 2012. There is much greater depth in the chances this time than four years ago. Also not expecting anything from Rugby? They are both chances of a medal! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, micheal_warren said:

Well you are certainly in a positive mood. I think there is quite a good chance of topping the 6 gold in 2012. There is much greater depth in the chances this time than four years ago. Also not expecting anything from Rugby? They are both chances of a medal! 

I'll give the Women's Sevens a Bronze at least, but I'm not rating the men's team. Unless there has been a deliberate plan of underwhelming hope in play here, the NZRU have not been helpful in getting a top Olympic team ready.

1 hour ago, Alexjc said:

I'll give the Women's Sevens a Bronze at least, but I'm not rating the men's team. Unless there has been a deliberate plan of underwhelming hope in play here, the NZRU have not been helpful in getting a top Olympic team ready.

Well the mens team won three of the tours this year. So have the capability of winning a medal!