Stadium progress

What bothers Dannyel (and other people of course) is not how much media corporations are lying but the ingenuity and blindness of people relying on and sharing those stories without verifying other facts and versions.

I miss those days I agreed with most of posts... Finally it happens again.

That's the point, Tony.

And, sorry, I love England, but the press of your country is totally biased against Brazil+World Cup at all... Some articles and news reports sounds even surreal.

Beira Rio first match

dscn9476.jpg

16186379.jpg?w=800

16186371.jpg?w=800

Good to see Beira-Rio done and already hosting matches. Nice stadium, BTW.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny, ALL Media is bias. Weather it's here in England, there in Brazil or America, Australia, Japan or Spain. Media will lie to get a story for money. It's so unfair to say OUR Media are the only ones who are bias. The same story about the World Cup Venues goes around the World.

Not in the absurd way British is doing. Sorry. This is already a over-discussed subject here.

British media is mad at FIFA and they are poiting every single problem in Brazil (and Brazil is full of them) to attack FIFA...

I love England but the media of your country stinks more than others... Makes American Media conglomerates sounds "fair and balanced"...

Not in the absurd way British is doing. Sorry. This is already a over-discussed subject here.

British media is mad at FIFA and they are poiting every single problem in Brazil (and Brazil is full of them) to attack FIFA...

I love England but the media of your country stinks more than others... Makes American Media conglomerates sounds "fair and balanced"...

Your being bias. ALL Media lie. Anyway, in this case, the media are telling the truth. You cannot deny that Brazil have had delays, and workers have died. Also, we aren't moaning about not getting World Cup. We should of had it, as we had the best Bid, and existing Stadiums, and Russian authorities are corrupt. Putin and Abramovich were involved in the Bid, and there was leaked information about Russia knowing the result the night before, it's a shame I can't find the article.

Your being bias. ALL Media lie. Anyway, in this case, the media are telling the truth. You cannot deny that Brazil have had delays, and workers have died. Also, we aren't moaning about not getting World Cup. We should of had it, as we had the best Bid, and existing Stadiums, and Russian authorities are corrupt. Putin and Abramovich were involved in the Bid, and there was leaked information about Russia knowing the result the night before, it's a shame I can't find the article.

Man there are no anacondas or tarantulas living in Downtown Manaus, nor thr pictures of every single report of British press is updated or accurate... I can list a lot of inaccuracy from British press over Brazil.

And Tony, please, quote me where I denied the problems on the build up of the World Cup.

Be my guest.

Curitiba retained as World Cup finals venue: FIFA

Florianopolis (Brazil) (AFP) - Curitiba won a last-minute reprieve from FIFA on Tuesday as it was retained as a World Cup finals venue despite the delays on construction work, announced FIFA secretary-general Jerome Valcke.

The work carried out on the stadium, which will host four games in the finals that get underway in Brazil in June, was judged by FIFA to have made enough progress to warrant being retained as a venue since it was threatened in January of being stripped of its matches.

AFP

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/curitiba-retained-world-cup-finals-venue-fifa-185049322--sow.html;_ylt=AwrSyCX3rANTPwsArBDQtDMD

tn_800_650_are12.jpg

tn_800_650_rodolfo_2040242.jpg

kz04.png

One more inaccuracy from British press:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/world-cup-2014-curitiba-remains-3159503

"Five stadia are still under construction."

No... Porto Alegre and Natal were already delivered.

Four stadia are still under construction:

Manaus will be ready in 2 weeks.

Sao Paulo, Cuiaba and Curitiba are the next.

Why give wrong information?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5453686/FIFA-refuse-to-axe-Curitiba-as-Brazil-World-Cup-venue.html

They show a picture of 2 months ago to show "how delayed is the stadium"

with the legend: The Arena da Baixada is still some way off being finished

The actual picture from yesterday:

tn_800_650_are12.jpg

Danny, agree to disagree. I know what I know, you know what you know. We won't agree.

British press is putting more ink in the pen than needed. This is fact. I don't need you "agreement".

For crying out loud, this time last year, the situation SEEMED that it wouldn't be ready, obviously they bucked their ideas up. This argument is getting boring. Be the bigger man, and admit preparations haven't gone smoothly.

For crying out loud, this time last year, the situation SEEMED that it wouldn't be ready, obviously they bucked their ideas up. This argument is getting boring. Be the bigger man, and admit preparations haven't gone smoothly.

I already admmited that SEVERAL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Brazil was selected host, I told it here 7 years ago: my biggest fear: stupid Brazilian bureaucracy.

Be nice, newbie and behave better.

Arena Baixada in Curitiba nears completion, credit where it's due - http://www.itv.com/worldcup/venues/gallery-arena-da-baixada-in-curitiba-nears-completion

Sorry for the separate posts but more news on the Arena Amazonia in Manaus, first event on 9th March 2014 - http://www.copa2014.gov.br/en/noticia/manaus-first-match-amazonia-arena-will-be-played-9-march

Brazil inaugurates another World Cup stadium

SAO PAULO (AP) - Brazilian officials are inaugurating the Arena da Amazonia in the jungle city of Manaus, the ninth World Cup stadium to become available for soccer's showcase event. Three still have to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo in about three months.

The Arena da Amazonia won't be fully completed Sunday, but local authorities are inaugurating the venue with a regional championship match that will have 20,000 people in attendance, including workers who helped build the venue.

The 44,000-capacity stadium will host four World Cup matches in June, including England vs. Italy and United States vs. Portugal.

The Arena da Amazonia was one of the six stadiums that were not completed by the end of last year as wanted by FIFA.

AP

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268759/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=yeWtVt3s

Brazil inaugurates another World Cup stadium

SAO PAULO (AP) - Brazilian officials are inaugurating the Arena da Amazonia in the jungle city of Manaus, the ninth World Cup stadium to become available for soccer's showcase event. Three still have to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo in about three months.

The Arena da Amazonia won't be fully completed Sunday, but local authorities are inaugurating the venue with a regional championship match that will have 20,000 people in attendance, including workers who helped build the venue.

The 44,000-capacity stadium will host four World Cup matches in June, including England vs. Italy and United States vs. Portugal.

The Arena da Amazonia was one of the six stadiums that were not completed by the end of last year as wanted by FIFA.

AP

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268759/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=yeWtVt3s

The article says the Stadium won't be fully completed Sunday, so I'm guessing the internal furnishings aren't fully complete yet?

I think all stadiums have opened that way. The Arena das Dunas and Beira Rio are still finalizing the roof. But nothing that preventing matches to happen.

There currently are putting the final SIN ceiling Corinthians Arena (the part where the accident happened). I hope everything goes well this time

1794694_669001756469437_1159276177_n.jpg

1975157_668969153139364_339717019_n.jpg

from Sonhossccp

I mean last part of the roof

One more ready. 3 to go!
img_7848.jpg
img_7906.jpg
1978761_838211576204579_1802382906_n.jpg
1920055_698860246819139_74670412_n.jpg
1964910_698860233485807_52976178_n.jpg
1780865_838211526204584_143358177_n.jpg
13049895434_b6d5d4620f_b.jpg
1660676_598292450248075_1588945975_n.jpg
1621989_700983473273483_883086526_n.jpg
1618495_421669574635559_467228328_n.jpg
1898149_598292223581431_227134446_n.jpg
1800350_598292176914769_1637633367_n.jpg

from Skyscrapercity.com

The next to be ready will be the Arena Pantanal. The first match is scheduled for April 2

Arena Amazonia in Manaus is not fully ready yet. They haven't added temporary stuff that are required by Fifa, like the press seats etc. - http://stadiumdb.com/news/2014/03/brazil_manaus_opened_once_more_once_more_not_finished - Source: StadiumDB.com

I wonder when they will install them trees in the corners of Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba that were in the render? Those were one of the figures that made the Stadium unique IMO.

Archived