The Theme Song Of Beijing 2008 (options)

Lenric

<Forever Friends> (not official recognised, but in their opitions)

Online MV

Oh my God. I hope that it stays an option only. It's trivial "The whole world in harmony" crap at its worst and sounds like a third-class reference to the 1980s. It reminds me very much of the Seoul 1988 theme song, "Hand in Hand". But that's no surprise: The composer of "Hand in Hand", Giorgio Moroder, obviously has his fingers in this pie, too. He doesn't seem to have advanced in the past 19 years.

<Around the World> (Personally I do in love with this one. youthful and joyful. Based on the typical Chinese elements,

a theme song of a TV Drama.)

Official MV

This one is better by far. At least it sounds like 2007 (or 2008) and is far more inventive. But is it really in the race for the Beijing 2008 theme song?

Whoops, I just found out that Monkey Majik, the performers of that "Around The World" song, come from Japan and sing in Japanese and English. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Majik

I already had the impression that the other language in the song (besides English) sounds more like Japanese than Chinese. Do you think that they would choose such a song?

Whoops, I just found out that Monkey Majik, the performers of that "Around The World" song, come from Japan and sing in Japanese and English. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Majik

I already had the impression that the other language in the song (besides English) sounds more like Japanese than Chinese. Do you think that they would choose such a song?

Seeing just how much Japaneses and Chinese just LOVE each other, I say its a sure thing...

Not. Ya, I doubt we will hear anything remotely close to Japanese during the Beijing OC...

If the band is japanese, then forget it. Everybody know that China hates Japan (and Taiwan) to the death.

The first song is composed by Giorgio Moroder (he composed also for Los Angeles 84, Seoul 88 and the famous ''Un Estate Italia'', the theme of Italy 1990 WC). Since is a composer of the 80's, what did you expected? Besides, the name of the song is almost the same of Barcelona 92, so it's hard to mee to see this song as the main theme.

Seeing just how much Japaneses and Chinese just LOVE each other, I say its a sure thing...

Not. Ya, I doubt we will hear anything remotely close to Japanese during the Beijing OC...

wel........sometimes just hard to tell the differences. Personally, I do think Japanese artists are quite good at balancing between Oriential style and Universal pop.

If the band is japanese, then forget it. Everybody know that China hates Japan (and Taiwan) to the death.

The first song is composed by Giorgio Moroder (he composed also for Los Angeles 84, Seoul 88 and the famous ''Un Estate Italia'', the theme of Italy 1990 WC). Since is a composer of the 80's, what did you expected? Besides, the name of the song is almost the same of Barcelona 92, so it's hard to mee to see this song as the main theme.

.........unless every Chinese dude is a redneck.

Art is a universal share. let the fxking politics go to hell.

<FIVE STARS SHINE FIVE RINGS> (another option but in Chinese, Real Player music file>

Download it