The Aussies have arrived

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you guys taking us seriously?

??? NO  :P

Seriously, I think England has finally got a team that could beat Australia if it really tries hard enough.

Can we at least bring the bloody ashes back home this time, instead of the replica!

:) Agree,

Whats with that stupid tradition anyway???

I can remember the REAL ashes visiting Australia in 1988.  Even then Bob Hawke queried that dumb tradition.

UNFAIR!!!!! :angry:

Can we at least bring the bloody ashes back home this time, instead of the replica!

You've got to win them first, to be fair.

Seriously, you guys are the favourites but we've got probably the best side we've had in years. But I don't really think we'll win them back until McGrath and Warne have been pensioned off.

Opening skirmish on Monday as England face Australia in the first ever Twenty20 International at the Rose Bowl in Southampton.

It's a 5.30pm BST start time over here so shouldn't be too bad for you guys Down Under, I think.

Opening skirmish on Monday as England face Australia in the first ever Twenty20 International at the Rose Bowl in Southampton.

It's a 5.30pm BST start time over here so shouldn't be too bad for you guys Down Under, I think.

:D Twenty/20 Cricket,  take a helmet and life insurance.

be prepaired to hide behind your seat instead of sitting on it.

Awesome fun to watch, if this format really takes off, we could see the end of the 50 over game in the not too distant future.

This is the purfect format for the CWGs as you can fit up to three matches on the pitch before you need to roll it.

Well what an evening in Southampton

England 179-8

Australia 79 all out

Almost everything seemed to go right for us tonight. We played some great cricket. Yes I know there's a long way to go, and I'm trying my best not to get carried away, but I'm going to enjoy this.

And now Australia lose to Somerset.

Blo*dy hell arwebb, I didn't know that until you pointed it out.  I watched Monday's Twenty20 game and had a ball...

I am like you, I do not think that Australia can wash this defeat over as if it doesn't matter...  However, I, as like everybody else after Monday's match, was thinkng it is only a Twenty20 match and the one day series and the Ashes will be a different matter.  

I saw a lot of Australian websites that were pretty unconcerned with the England - Australia match.  Are they feeling the same way now?

My God what a sh*t start for the Australians.  My only concern now is that this is the ammunition that they need to get their act together and it could take us a lot longer to counteract them - what do you think arwebb ???

The proper stuff starts on July 21 at Lords. Australia will be ready by then. We have to make sure we are.

Too right - and I don't think we are far off!  Come on Flintoff your country needs you (I am loyal to Flintoff as I worked with his uncle for several years) !!!

COME ON ENGLAND - THE NATION EXPECTS...   (something at least... ???)

Goodness me, what is going on?

Bangladesh have beaten Australia!

:oops: OMG I saw that game!!!

What a historical victory for such an impoverished country.

Allready the sporting commentators are absolutly caning the Australian team no end.

However Bangladesh really NEEDED the victory to placate all those who believe that team shouldn't be playing First Class International Cricket.

Very few countrys play this sport and IMO we should allow second tier teams to develop.  Remember that New Zealand and Sri Lanka were once in the same situation a mere 30 years ago.  It's just ashame that Zimbabwe is no longer a credible force with that monster in charge of that country. :(

I really wasn't following the game today as I assumed Australia would win and win comfortably, but I listened to the last few overs.

Bangladesh have taken plenty of stick lately, but they have shown during the Test series that they do have ability. This is going to be such a shot in the arm for the game over there.

Good recovery by Australia, particularly led by Mike Hussey and Michael Clarke to get them to 252-9.

Hussey made 84 and Clarke 45 as Steve Harmison took 5-33.

England in reply are currently 31-0 in the sixth over.

Good recovery by Australia, particularly led by Mike Hussey and Michael Clarke to get them to 252-9.

Hussey made 84 and Clarke 45 as Steve Harmison took 5-33.

England in reply are currently 31-0 in the sixth over.

Great game the Aussies - but if that is the best that you have - we are certainly not trembling with fear!!  In my honest opinion,  McGrath played well today but was the only real one who could have striked any fear in the English!!!!

Gillespie is struggling and so are you - is Ponting hitting the Panic button yet????

I still think the Ashes will be a competitive series but we have nothing to fear!!!  Australia are the ones with something to REALLY PROVE - 4 losses in a week!!!!  Who would have thought it???  :rolleyes:  :shocked:

Archived