Feb 12: Make Some Noise

SkiFreak

I've read this press release (because I've signed up for their online service) but what are they doing to promote this outside of issuing a press release or putting something on their website? Nothing in sponsors advertising. Nothing on the news. No Facebook group or application. No text messaging. Nothing on Youtube. No upload your Flickr pics. Why isn't VANOC using these marketing channels to get its voice heard? I can't help thinking next Thursday will be a more of a silent night than a holy night. Not the evening VANOC expects.

All the splendor NBC can produce so far, just before the one year countdown for Vancouver 2010 begins next Thursday.

Link: YouTube: Vancouver 2010 and London 2012

Note: The Vancouver segment starts at the 1:20 time point in the video itself.

Edited by Guardian

I've read this press release (because I've signed up for their online service) but what are they doing to promote this outside of issuing a press release or putting something on their website? Nothing in sponsors advertising. Nothing on the news. No Facebook group or application. No text messaging. Nothing on Youtube. No upload your Flickr pics. Why isn't VANOC using these marketing channels to get its voice heard? I can't help thinking next Thursday will be a more of a silent night than a holy night. Not the evening VANOC expects.

Because that kind of advertising easily summons up the radical protest groups who have in past events outnumbered event attendees. VANOC is now employing good old fashioned inner sanctum word of mouth between friends over drinks advertising.

The IOC was busy putting out articles about the 1 year to go event at Vancouver.

Link 1: IOC: VANCOUVER 2010 – Busy Times In Vancouver

L_ART_2926_uk.jpg

Link 2: IOC: Sport Full on One Year Out

Link 3: IOC: VANCOUVER 2010 – Countdown to 2010

By the way, Great Britain (host of the 2012 Olympic Games at London), Russia (host of the 2014 Winter Olympics at Sochi), the USA (as Canada's neighbor and host of the most Winter Olympics so far with FOUR) and Canada (obviously with Vancouver 2010) got their official invitations at that party in the Richmond Oval.

L_ART_2929_uk.jpg