Sign in to follow this  
thatsnotmypuppy

Moscow Was Robbed!

Someone had to say it.

Sadly, calling in the Russian mafia did not help their cause -

kitten%20and%20gun.jpg

Oh silly Russians, the IOC members like a different kind of pussy - nice thought of holding it for ransom though!

Pay back for the last minute vouch of love for Sochi i guess. I dont think loosing the Youth Games will damage their confidence at all, though this bid round probably carries more weight because it is the first of its kind.

because it is the first of its kind.

As you may be aware Moscow has already staged the first of the kind back in 1998 anyway. B)

It was called World Youth Games under the IOC patronage, not exactly the YOG.

But in essense the Games was equivalent to and even bigger than what will now happen in Singapore.

There was no media hype and associated commercial benefit then - Moscow did it purely to promote youth sports.

Many of the several thousand participants grew up to become Sydney and Athens champions.

Over 40 IOC members attended the event and praised it (coincedently Moscow got 44 votes this time).

As you may be aware Moscow has already staged the first of the kind back in 1998 anyway. B)

It was called World Youth Games under the IOC patronage, not exactly the YOG.

But in essense the Games was equivalent to and even bigger than what will now happen in Singapore.

There was no media hype and associated commercial benefit then - Moscow did it purely to promote youth sports.

Many of the several thousand participants grew up to become Sydney and Athens champions.

Over 40 IOC members attended the event and praised it (coincedently Moscow got 44 votes this time).

Mind you, nobody is blamin' Moscow for not winnin' YOGs. Moscow is a great city but the way it went about the YOGs was too professionally high. Don't gorget where there is a winner there is a loser.

I don't think Moscow was robbed off the games cos Moscow was the influencial one in the bid.

Sign in to follow this