Shortlist

Sadly a catastrophy has hit the Chez Puppy.

To save myself fifty hours of work I have been writing summaries and scoring each bid as they come in. Sadly this morning I went in to add my thoughts on Belgrade and the whole file is corrupted. 16 pages gone. I am seriously fuming and so pissed.

Nonetheless the show will go on.

I will shortly release in this thread a very brief rundown on my thought processes and the shortlist.

A million apologies - but I had a sweet report almost ready to go - trust the Serbs to f*ck it up! Ha - just joking! I am seriously annoyed that I have wasted hours typing up rubbish with little scoring graphs and everything. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

So now you get a shortlist and maybe some points on why each city made it as I am over it.

So sorry but to start again is just not going to happen.

To save myself fifty hours of work I have been writing summaries and scoring each bid as they come in. Sadly this morning I went in to add my thoughts on Belgrade and the whole file is corrupted. 16 pages gone. I am seriously fuming and so pissed.

Ohh, sh#t!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o:o

Nonetheless the show will go on.

I will shortly release in this thread a very brief rundown on my thought processes and the shortlist.

A million apologies - but I had a sweet report almost ready to go - trust the Serbs to f*ck it up! Ha - just joking! I am seriously annoyed that I have wasted hours typing up rubbish with little scoring graphs and everything. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

So now you get a shortlist and maybe some points on why each city made it as I am over it.

So sorry but to start again is just not going to happen.

No backups? No separate files? No way to turn back the clock? (No Window's system restore isn't going to do it) :P

Oh well, guess we'll just see the shortlist score sheet and perhaps a paragraph or two commenting each city.

Just to set me straight...we are having a short-listing but there is no second phase? As in we dont have to produce a nother book, the shortlisting just nominates who we can vote discluding those bids who dont really deserve votes?

So no more books? Yes? good.

Just to set me straight...we are having a short-listing but there is no second phase? As in we dont have to produce a nother book, the shortlisting just nominates who we can vote discluding those bids who dont really deserve votes?

So no more books? Yes? good.

I understood it this way....

Yep. What's the point of another book if you got most of the core info in the mini one? Besides, that would have caused the comp to go for way too long, maybe even a month or something.

Not a month!

The first 2020 competition lasted about a year, produced 2x40page bid books and over 75 voters from what i can recall, so really its not a bad thing...if you're willing to wait that long

Not a month!

The first 2020 competition lasted about a year, produced 2x40page bid books and over 75 voters from what i can recall, so really its not a bad thing...if you're willing to wait that long

Well I managed to produce a "full" bid book, does that count? ;)

Very unfortunate indeed!

I can understand that you won't be able to give a detailed report now, but please include some scoring, at least a general score... Anyway, you ran the competition very well as well as the WC one so I'm sad we won't be able to read the report. I'm sure it was great...

Archived