Geneva Has Excellent Chances To Be Olympic 2018

zenica

One question (and sorry to keep taking the Geneva threadoff topic) _ what are the closest downhill vebnues to Falun?

I think that was the major drawback of Falun's bid for the '88 & '92 Games, was the distance to the Alpine events. If I remember correctly, I think they were supposed to be around the Are/Ostersund area. Jeremie would know for sure on that one.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that was the major drawback of Falun's bid for the '88 & '92 Games, was the distance to the Alpine events. If I remember correctly, I think they were supposed to be around the Are/Ostersund area. Jeremie would know for sure on that one.

Yeah, I figured it would have had to have been _ I don't know of any other runs in Sweden that fit the FIS requirements, but I was just double checking because Falun to Are is quite SOME hike.

Ditto, I suppose, their Goteborg WOG bid.

I forgot about Goteburg. So Sweden bid for the '84 Games through the Games for '02. Six consecutive winter bids from them (not to mention their '04 Summer bid with horrible public support) with absolutely nothing to show for any of them. So I wouldn't be that surprised then, if they also sat out for the next winter Olympic race. I'm sure that they would ponder any future bid to great extent.

Geneva is beautiful future Olympic city and have secure 100% chance winter Olympic games organizing 2018, is because Switzerland has fallen six times in the organization of Olympic play in the past. All honor for Pyong Chang, Ostersund, Munich, but Geneva is unique, for the winter Olympic games organization 2018.Geneva organize safe environment friendly games of all time, lead campaign against doping, Paraolimpycs games at the highest level, excellent cultural programs, and so much different and more and more in other directions. Because I would like to continue much polemics are always my favorites, because I know how and to what works and have very much experience. Do you campaign for Platini against Beckenbauer, then all my favorite candidate for the summer Olympic games in 2016. Do you Chicago, Tokyo, Doha (My opinion Dubai). How Beckenbauer said: Let times.geneve_rade2.jpg

Geneve 2018

Geneva is beautiful future Olympic city and have secure 100% chance winter Olympic games organizing 2018, is because Switzerland has fallen six times in the organization of Olympic play in the past. All honor for Pyong Chang, Ostersund, Munich, but Geneva is unique, for the winter Olympic games organization 2018.Geneva organize safe environment friendly games of all time, lead campaign against doping, Paraolimpycs games at the highest level, excellent cultural programs, and so much different and more and more in other directions. Because I would like to continue much polemics are always my favorites, because I know how and to what works and have very much experience. Do you campaign for Platini against Beckenbauer, then all my favorite candidate for the summer Olympic games in 2016. Do you Chicago, Tokyo, Doha (My opinion Dubai). How Beckenbauer said: Let times.geneve_rade2.jpg

Geneve 2018

Geneve 2018

Geneva is beautiful future Olympic city and have secure 100% chance winter Olympic games organizing 2018, is because Switzerland has fallen six times in the organization of Olympic play in the past. All honor for Pyong Chang, Ostersund, Munich, but Geneva is unique, for the winter Olympic games organization 2018.Geneva organize safe environment friendly games of all time, lead campaign against doping, Paraolimpycs games at the highest level, excellent cultural programs, and so much different and more and more in other directions. Because I would like to continue much polemics are always my favorites, because I know how and to what works and have very much experience. Do you campaign for Platini against Beckenbauer, then all my favorite candidate for the summer Olympic games in 2016. Do you Chicago, Tokyo, Doha (My opinion Dubai). How Beckenbauer said: Let times.

geneve_rade2.jpg

Geneve 2018

Geneva is beautiful future Olympic city and have secure 100% chance winter Olympic games organizing 2018, is because Switzerland has fallen six times in the organization of Olympic play in the past. All honor for Pyong Chang, Ostersund, Munich, but Geneva is unique, for the winter Olympic games organization 2018.Geneva organize safe environment friendly games of all time, lead campaign against doping, Paraolimpycs games at the highest level, excellent cultural programs, and so much different and more and more in other directions. Because I would like to continue much polemics are always my favorites, because I know how and to what works and have very much experience. Do you campaign for Platini against Beckenbauer, then all my favorite candidate for the summer Olympic games in 2016. Do you Chicago, Tokyo, Doha (My opinion Dubai). How Beckenbauer said: Let times.

I think james has just found some tough competition as GB's Best Communicator.

Zenca, a bit trigger happy, are you :lol:

Well, I think the most of the bids must build a lot, just ask Sochi! Of course you have right, the population is concentrated to the south. But I think a WOG is just it the Northern Sweden needs. More jobs and houses to live in. Many people move from North to the bigger towns in south because few jobs!

Funny how Østersund is viewed as a remote northern town in Sweden, whereas Trondheim on the other side of the border last year was the major city in Norway with the highes growth (about 2.5 %)

No they don't, Sochi and Lillehammer have been the exceptions. Vancouver, Torino, Salt Lake City and Nagano all had at least 50% existing venues.

Don't forget that Østersund also has a lot of the infrastructure as well as the venues in place. It has almost all the skiing venues already, tested in world championships last winter (Alpine skiing in Åre) and this winter (biathlon). Also, the whole county is a prime touristic destination in Sweden and has a lot of accomodation already. Åre alone, the biggest Alpine resort of Scandinavia, has more than 23 000 hotel rooms in place, and is expanding rapidly. The Lillehammer area did have very little accomodation before the games, in fact it still does not have much, as most of the accomodation consisted of modules that was later moved to other places. Østersund is just as close to Trondheim as Lillehammer was, Åre is much closer, in fact only 130 km from the 3.5 M pax Trondheim airport. Unlike Lillehammer, Østersund has also an airport of its own, and in addition it will get x2000 as is already pointed out, which will make a daily commute from Stockholm viable.

As far as I have understood, a decision regarding an Østersund application is put off to some time next year.

Geneva must make the first decision on citizens this year, and then have fas three years until the decision in July 2011 for the organization winter Olympic games 2018.Harbin have no chance because Beijing in August this year and is currently for Harbin villeicht 2030 or 2034. Then have a chance and we must do and must wait for China to improve laws for violation of human rights. To date, and without the time, just in case political and decision are not sporting chance for Harbin dropped. In the sense Geneve Exellenteen and Switzerland have a chance against all the world to present the best organized Winter Olympic games 2018.

bcg_geneve.jpg

Geneva 2018 :blink:

No they don't, Sochi and Lillehammer have been the exceptions. Vancouver, Torino, Salt Lake City and Nagano all had at least 50% existing venues.

Not quite so.

Nagano had to built pretty much everything (4 indoor arena, the bob & track luge, the IBC/MPC and most of the skiing venues).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived