2016 Bid Documents

As promised - those bids that made the deadline - here are their brochures.

Those who have not made it in time have been given a grace period until Feb 22...

Cairo 2016

Calabar 2016

Dortmund 2016

Hamburg 2016 Part One

Hamburg 216 Part Two

Pyongyang 2016

Quebec City 2016

Hong Kong, Cape Town and Aaron's bids are still to come.

The evaluation report and shortlist will be revealed next weekend...

was the quebec bid book compiled by a few people? the content quality and quality of writing seems to vary in some sections.

Nope all by me. :) You feel free to think what you want, but basically the whole pdf was compiled by me, with most of the content originated by me.

As for CAF, dunno, though if you want, I could provide the megaupload link I gave to TNMP.

Miami 2016

Here is the Miami submission.

Mo - I do see alot of the Quebec 2002 bid book in there but it has been reworked.

CAF - the download link tests fine for me on a couple of comps. I can email it if you want?

Also note the sources, I have stated that some sources are from the 2002 bid book, and have also acknowledged it in some sections, anyways, this is only a fun competition. :)

@ TNMP,

I can't open the Quebec Bid Book - I get an error message, that the file is damaged...

Ah perhaps I know the answer now to your problem, I saved it to be compatible with acrobat reader 7 and up. That made the file size reasonably small, try upgrading or TNMP can give you a version compatible with older readers.

Ah perhaps I know the answer now to your problem, I saved it to be compatible with acrobat reader 7 and up. That made the file size reasonably small, try upgrading or TNMP can give you a version compatible with older readers.

... that is really possible since I didn't upgraded my accrobat reader for a long time

... that is really possible since I didn't upgraded my accrobat reader for a long time

I made an upgrade and can see Quebec City's Bid for 2016 now

please ensure the voting system allows us the rank calabar last.

J-E-S-U-S!

You sincerely said that! Wow! I can't belive this.

The Cologne Book has been submitted, Belgrade is coming...

that makes

Miami, Cape Town, Hong Kong (kinda), Boston, Cologne, Hamburg, Calabar, Belgrade, Quebec, Ciaro, Dortmund and Pyongyang.

12 bids.... now hopefully the voters turn out in force.

Going to be a lot of work putting together than evaluation report TNMP!

Cologne 2016

And here it is!

Oh - HK will not feature in the finals at all - I just thought I'd post what I had done so you could all see the venue plan I mapped out.

Thanks very much Aaron, that you advertising my Hamburg bid in your Cologne bid book, since you used under the point Accomodation (on page 11) a picture of Hamburg!!!!

Feel the Pulse of Life

Rathaus_Hamburg_1.jpg

The pic, which is used in the Cologne bid book is taken from a bridge - this pictures is taken from the same bridge but more from the far right side of it...

Oh - HK will not feature in the finals at all - I just thought I'd post what I had done so you could all see the venue plan I mapped out.

I'm withdrawing my Manila application as well (as if anyone was looking forward to it – hah). Work's been killing me these past couple of weeks and I'm struggling to put together my bid. I only have 40%-ish done. Didn't want to cram everything and submit a half-baked bid. Didn't want to submit just a poorly laid out Word file either. Best of luck to the other bidding cities.

I hope there's going to be another SOG fantasy bid competition. For 2020, yes? ;)

Thanks very much Aaron, that you advertising my Hamburg bid in your Cologne bid book, since you used under the point Accomodation (on page 11) a picture of Hamburg!!!!

Feel the Pulse of Life

Rathaus_Hamburg_1.jpg

The pic, which is used in the Cologne bid book is taken from a bridge - this pictures is taken from the same bridge but more from the far right side of it...

are you sure they just dont look similar? i recall getting that picture from a Cologne toursim site!

are you sure they just dont look similar? i recall getting that picture from a Cologne toursim site!

011_14729_kleine_alster_alsterarkaden.jpg

... well - it is definitely Hamburg - just compare the gables of the visible buildings - even the famous stairs from the city hall square down to the river Alster are visible (which would be used during the Triathlon event to get out off the water...

Here you can see the same place but just the other way round - the bridge in the background is the bridge from where your pic was taken:

Schwimmarena-600.jpg

ah yes...o well, the two cities are pretty similar in many ways so would you consider this a reasonable error? still, it is a great area and if i ever travel to Hamburg i shall take a picture from this bridge!

It is a pitty, I have not my camera with me in the office - otherwise I could have made one for you today

No problem at all, aaron - I am glad that you spend so much time to make a great bid book for Cologne - well, of course Hamburg would be a much better host than Cologne

;)

By the way just 7 days to go then it is my one year anniversary that I entered Australia! I arrived at the 28th february (07:21) in Sydney - you can't imagine how I miss vegemite, tim tams, strawberry or cream and cookie Connoisseur ice cream and Cascade beer...

Archived