What New Stadium Is Being Built Today?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Washington Nationals (formerly Montreal Expos) move into their new stadium in 45 days! :lol:

nationals.jpg

Ohhhh look - the seats are going in

97235.jpg

So pretty inside!

ph_fclub_1024x663.jpg

Pity - we really should have had a huge thread about the building of this like we did for Wembley! :P

I know there is a new stadium ready for open in Dallas (well Arlington) and in New Orleans. I really like the New Orlean's stadium.

new_orleans_saints1.jpg

Dallas' is also nice, but not something new. A lot like University of Phoenix Stadium

Also if someone wants to comment, there is the 3 superskyscrapers that are going up in Dubai and Manama.

Is it here only for US Stadiums? If not:

The New Panathinaikos Stadium in Athens is currently the most exciting stadium being built today.

1196430612_big.jpg

1196430789_big.jpg

1196681283_big.jpg

1196430842_big.jpg

1196430661_big.jpg

1196430261_big.jpg

The Stadium is being build in the quite undeveloped area of Votanikos (former industrial area).

There will be 9 levels (2 underground) with bars, café, restaurant, boutique, museum, suites, parking plots, press office, police station, hospital and day clinic but also conference hall, tv station, the offices of FC Panathinaikos and other features.

The start of construction has begun after some delays. As the construction has underground ares and needs deep fundaments it was necessary to make sure that there are no antiquities underground or even worse parts of antique Athens which would have meant that the stadium could not being build in that area. Fortunately this was not the case. The area is antiquities-free.

The Florida Marlins are close to inking a deal for a new stadium in Miami (just in time for my fake bid - lol! hint hint, vote vote). The Orange Bowl is being demolished to be replaced by a combination baseball (retractable roof) and soccer (open air) stadium complex.

marlinsmain2.jpg

They are also doing renovations to the exterior of Dolphin Stadium (VANOC...take a note for BC Place) - this will be home to the Super Bowl in 2010.

03_05.jpg

And in Winnipeg they are plotting a replacement stadium for the CFL BlueBombers.

new_winnipeg_3.jpg

Is it here only for US Stadiums? If not:

The New Panathinaikos Stadium in Athens is currently the most exciting stadium being built today.

1196430612_big.jpg

1196430789_big.jpg

1196681283_big.jpg

1196430842_big.jpg

1196430661_big.jpg

1196430261_big.jpg

The Stadium is being build in the quite undeveloped area of Votanikos (former industrial area).

There will be 9 levels (2 underground) with bars, café, restaurant, boutique, museum, suites, parking plots, press office, police station, hospital and day clinic but also conference hall, tv station, the offices of FC Panathinaikos and other features.

The start of construction has begun after some delays. As the construction has underground ares and needs deep fundaments it was necessary to make sure that there are no antiquities underground or even worse parts of antique Athens which would have meant that the stadium could not being build in that area. Fortunately this was not the case. The area is antiquities-free.

Reminds me very much of the City of Manchester stadium:

cityofmanchesterstadium.jpg

Yes the shape is quite similar and very popular in Europe. The big difference is in the inside and night illumination as the stadium will shine blue at night. At least on renders which nobody understands at the moment as the colour of Panathinaikos is green,... whatever..)

newego_LARGE_t_881_352686.JPG

And similar to the Zentralstadion in Leipzig, Germany. Hmmm, is this shape to 21st century Europe what the Metrodome/RCA Dome/BC Place shape was to early 1980's North America? And all seemingly inspired by the Parc des Princes in Paris - an early 1970's Taillibert creation that won him a commission for an even bigger stadium 6 years later.

leipzig-out.jpg

I'm surprised to see a new stadium being constructed in Athens so close after the 2004 Olympics, but I guess it is to fit a specific team's needs.

• 2 weeks later...
Now, there's as solid a roof plan as any I've seen. Was it the Carrier Dome in Indianapolis where the roof also collapsed a la Vancouver?

Yea the retractile roof on Lucas Oil is pretty amazing - one of the best I've seen to date.

Naw the dome in Indianapolis isn't the one that collapsed ala Vancouver. I THINK it was the Metrodome in Minneapolis (or was it the Silverdome in Pontiac?)

Here's the new Yankee Stadium. SACRILEGE in my opinion <_< Interested to see what our members from New York think about it. Although it's kind of cool how the perimeter is reminiscent of the old Ebbets Field.

new_yankee_stadium_2.jpg

15cnd-stadium.650.jpg

yankeemain.jpg

http://www.bjk.com.tr/tryonetim/medya.php?...7062&tipi=B

http://www.bjk.com.tr/tryonetim/medya.php?...7067&tipi=B

http://www.bjk.com.tr/tryonetim/medya.php?...7066&tipi=B

i cannot put these pics cause they are dynimac ones. if any one can change them and put here i will be so glad...

these are thepics of new stadium of besiktas j.k in istanbul

its capacity will be 42,000

and the top of the stad is made of glass

• 2 weeks later...

Suggest a new Roof design for our Stadium BC Place in Vancouver. The Olympic Cauldron is being lit inside so we need a roof that allows for the flame (which is 24 feet high) to be seen from outside and will give the fans a spectacular show.

http://www.bcplacestadium.com

Any ideas of what sort of Videoscreen(s) we should install? Provide some pics of some awesome Videoscreens we could install.

Archived