Milano2000 Candidacy

Rei

I found, by accident, some stuff about the unmistakable Milano2000 bid.. remember? The one which at that time didn't reached the Application procedure for abandon.

It's a promo brochure published in November 1991 with few renders and a general presentation which has been send me by a milanese.. I know it's not much but I think that someone would be interested in taking a look at it though.

Click on to enlarge.

mi00mw0.th.jpg

clip1ra4.th.png

clip2mp9.th.png

clip3wl2.th.png

mi00piscinaolimpicazw5.th.jpg

mi00vigorellixv6.th.jpg

There was no such thing as "Application phase" back in the early 90s: any city wanting to apply for the Games could become a candidate city.

Actually, Milano withdrew in early 93, shortly after submitting its official bid books.

We might scan it and add it to the Bid Library at some point.

Is there any chance you could post it the bidlibrary later? I would really appreciate it.

I intend to eventually.

But the whole process is time consuming and there is a lot we intend to put on the Library.

Milano bid book also includes some huge blue prints (I would say A1 or A0 format) that seem impossible to print.

• 1 year later...
Great aquatics centre pictures!

What was the athletics plan?

The aquatic center looks like a huge concert stage in a very Milanese feel.

As for the athletics plan, there should have been an olympic stadium but unfortunately there's nothing of visual about it on the web.

I guess so. Afterall San Siro is just football (or at very very most rugby). Any other reinterpretation would sound blasphem.

They should build a new stadium with track and everything.. beside, they planned one just for the 2016 pre-application and there are rumors about a new stadium in view of the 2015expo.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^^

ops, sorry.. forgot the references.

The two raw drawings posted above (by Malara Associati studio) refers to the plans for the Olympic village&stadium which, from what I understood, should have made part of the original bid book sent to Ioc.

I know, quality is really bad but these are the only pics I found so far.

• 2 months later...

Archived