Top Clubs Consider Overseas Games

Rob.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3303761,00.html

Fifa confirm 39th game no-go

Fifa's executive committee have unanimously opposed the Premier League's plan for overseas matches.

The plan which became known as the '39th game' was discussed in Zurich on Friday by football's governing body.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter revealed that even former Football Association chairman Geoff Thompson opposed the idea.

Now you can have some bottles of beer to celebrate you fear, Arwebb. Lol....hahaha.

I think that was the greatest ideal that has ever came out of English league but , they were too scared of FIFA ruling body. Well, it right they follow FIFA rules...

I hope they consider it in the future cos I want to see Asernal, Chelsea or Man Utd play in my country. I don't care about what people think or FIFA!

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal

Courtesy of BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...rem/7298246.stm

This is the type of match I wanted to see played in my country. It would have been the best encounter so far of any international matches in Nigeria. EPL needs to start considering other option of this kind.

You aren't going to see the big matches moving from England! Mind you, they're normally pretty dull affairs and if it means we don't have to hear the words "Grand Slam Sunday" (eurggh) I'd be happy for you to take them. :P

I have a dream that one day down in Abuja or Lagos, Chelsea and Arsenal will play a unique match. Every screen will flip open for man, mother and child. Nigeria will be glad and England doing it rightful thing - extending its power of English soccer to africa. Every nation will rejoice in Africa.

I have a dream!!!

I have a dream that one day down in Abuja or Lagos, Chelsea and Arsenal will play a unique match. Every screen will flip open for man, mother and child. Nigeria will be glad and England doing it rightful thing - extending its power of English soccer to africa. Every nation will rejoice in Africa.

I have a dream!!!

Watch what you eat before you go to bed, some foods can give you really weird dreams.

I have a dream!!!

Whatever substances you are using, I would advise you to stop.

My goodness lovely Jesus Christ.

JEEZ! Lol, guyz can't I have some dream about EPL? It's a dream and what's wrong with that?

Am surprised how you guyz turned me into a weird person over what I imagine about EPL considering playing a match in Nigeria. Wow! You guyz are turning me into something else over a dream and it's unbeleivable.

I still think one day that match will be played in Nigeria.

• 1 month later...

Portsmouth and United plan Nigeria game

I saw this on CNN and I don`t know if it actually real.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/football/05/...tion=cnn_latest

Not until I see it on BBC news, I would like to reserve some of my comments.

If that`s true, I don`t think I would be able to contain the joy.

It`s like one of my dreams comes true!

Archived