F1 2008

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It makes a change. It looks like there will be a few teams fighting it out this season which is great.

yea, when I first started watching there was Williams, McLaren and Ferrari fighting for podiums, then it just went to McLaren and Ferrari, then Ferrari and Renault and last year was McLaren and Ferrari again.

Its still hard for me, I like Raikkonen, but hate Ferrari.

Let's face it. Hamilton was hardly helped by his own failings in qualifying and his team's failings at the first pit stop. However, I'll be more interested in where we are after five or six races than after two.

And without wishing to open up some old wounds, would the powers that be have been so keen to hammer Ferrari if they'd got in people's way?

• 2 weeks later...

There certainly seems to be a swell of opinion that it was deliberate on some discussion boards. Being cynical, I wouldn't be at all surprised, but I suspect the FIA has more than that to worry about at the present moment.

I can't believe that BMW is leading the constructor championship.

What is even better, Alonso and all his b!tching last year has sure come back to bite his whinny a$$. In the first 3 races last year he had a win and a podium, now no podiums and only 6 points, 5 of which in one race.

• 3 weeks later...

Again, the Ferrari was the package to have this weekend. But the McLaren's race pace was encouragingly close to that of the Ferraris so hopefully the tide will begin to turn in Turkey. Personally, I'm more pleased that Kovalainen escaped largely unscathed from his big accident.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, it sounded like Bridgestone forced their hand over the 3 stop strategy so it's not quite as bold as it appeared.

But a great drive from Hamilton nonetheless and obviously a great drive from Massa as well who seems to love that circuit.

I don't think Kovalainen was intending on doing three-stops but was forced to after his bump at the start. So it's Hamilton, not McLaren that we need to ask questions of when looking at the tyre problem as he was the only driver who planned three stops...

Reading the Autosport forums (full of people who understand these things better than I), most reckon the problem was the combination of Hamilton's very aggresive driving style and the Istanbul circuit that led Bridgestone to suggest this strategy, especially after his blowout last year.

I suppose it worked to the extent that Hamilton managed to beat Raikkonen to the line vindicates the strategy.
the strategy kept him in the top 2 but not on the top step of the podium.

True, but seeing as Raikkonen appears to be Hamilton's main rival for the world championship, beating him is more important than beating Massa. Moreover, I would suggest that what we have seen over the last two races shows that the gap between McLaren and Ferrari is closing all the time.

True, but seeing as Raikkonen appears to be Hamilton's main rival for the world championship, beating him is more important than beating Massa. Moreover, I would suggest that what we have seen over the last two races shows that the gap between McLaren and Ferrari is closing all the time.

I think you have those names mixed up.

Archived