Games Bids 2016 Bid Book Requirements.

GAMES BIDS 2016 OLYMPIC COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS.

OK, so what I am expecting from every bidder is an 8 page minimum bid document.

This document MUST include the following –

A logo

Full venue list

Venue map (feel free to add renderings of any venues)

Candidate city introduction

Ticket sales info – timeline, basic prices

Dates for the Games/Paralympics

Accommodation info

Cultural Olympiad information

Basic transport info (main airport, train link to main venues, etc)

Basic budget info (how much will the venues cost, etc)

‘Image of the Games’ information (the general look)

Info on any demonstration sports – 2 maximum.

THE 2016 OLYMPICS WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SPORTING EVENTS –

Swimming

Diving

Synchronized Swimming

Water Polo

Archery

Athletics

Badminton

Basketball

Canoe/Kayak Flatwater

Canoe/Kayak Slalom

Cycling

Equestrian

Fencing

Football

Gymnastics Artistic

Gymnastics Rhythmic

Gymnastics Trampoline

Handball

Hockey

Rowing

Sailing

Shooting

Table Tennis

Tennis

Triathlon

Volleyball

Beach Volleyball

Weightlifting

Wrestling

YOU CAN CHOOSE A MAXIMUM OF THREE AND A MINIMUM OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS –

Softball

Boxing

Baseball

Modern Pentathlon

Judo

Taekwondo

ON TOP OF THIS YOU CAN HAVE TWO DEMONSTRATION SPORTS.

Your bid must have a minimum of 30 sports and a maximum 34 of sports.

I am classing each of the ‘compulsary’ sports as a single event.

As outlined above – minimum is 8 pages. I will not be judging the bids on the look of the bid books – you can submit an 80 page one if you so wish – however I will be writing my report based solely on the above criteria 

Any questions – ask below.

Email the books when done and I will PDF and post them.

We can have a few days of lobbying after cut off date. I would like the books no later than Feb 16, but the sooner the better.

I am classing each of the ‘compulsary’ sports as a single event.

TNMP,

just to get you right - you said cycling will be held at the 2016 Games, but cycling has four events (track, mountain-bike, BMX and road) - therefore we require four venues:

- a track

- a Mountainbike-course

- a BMX-course

- a road course

another example:

you said that Equestrian will be held at the 2016 Games, but Equestrian has three events (jumping, dressage and eventing) - eventing requires much more space than the other two, due the cross country

Therefore we might require two venues for "Equestrian"

OK - I'd rather not drag this competition out Mo - however if you need the time let me know closer to Feb 16. These comps kind of die in the arse when they take too long.

CAF - I understand what you are saying. An easy solution is that the equestrian could be held in a temp venue - next to the cross country course that could also have the mountain biking course adjacent. BMX could be a temp venue as it is basically a few dirt mounds and some stands. The road cycl;ing could use the same start and finish points as the triathlon - thus doubling the use of that venue.

It is up to each of you how you want your venues to work - be creative.

OK - I'd rather not drag this competition out Mo - however if you need the time let me know closer to Feb 16. These comps kind of die in the arse when they take too long.

CAF - I understand what you are saying. An easy solution is that the equestrian could be held in a temp venue - next to the cross country course that could also have the mountain biking course adjacent. BMX could be a temp venue as it is basically a few dirt mounds and some stands. The road cycl;ing could use the same start and finish points as the triathlon - thus doubling the use of that venue.

It is up to each of you how you want your venues to work - be creative.

CAF- Its best to use the IOC guide for the sharing of venues,which appears in the 2012 Application Evaluation report. Temporary venues can essentially be built for any sport excluding; the rowing/canoe course (pretty impossible to have a temporary venue unless its integrated into a harbour or lakefront.

The possibility does exist for 99% of venues to be temporary.

GAMES BIDS 2016 OLYMPIC COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS.

OK, so what I am expecting from every bidder is an 8 page minimum bid document.

This document MUST include the following –

A logo

Full venue list

Venue map (feel free to add renderings of any venues)

Candidate city introduction

Ticket sales info – timeline, basic prices

Dates for the Games/Paralympics

Accommodation info

Cultural Olympiad information

Basic transport info (main airport, train link to main venues, etc)

Basic budget info (how much will the venues cost, etc)

‘Image of the Games’ information (the general look)

Info on any demonstration sports – 2 maximum.

isn't a description of the venue/sports concept/plan quite important?

isn't a description of the venue/sports concept/plan quite important?

I would have thought that the venue list and location map would cover this - however if you do want to go more indepth that is fine.

I guess what I expect is that your venue list will state which venues are part of a cluster, etc. Basic transport info would also cover this.

Here it is:

venue13vl_cons.jpg

The capacities seem reasonable (and around where I thought they would be) but look at the Canoe/Kayak Whitewater? :rolleyes: Isn't it a little full of itself? Thinking it'll sell out at 10,000?

And weighlifting at 5,000? Double :rolleyes: . I remember SF-2016's venue was only allowing for around 3,000.

Some sports really need a good slap in the face as a dose of reality.

The capacities seem reasonable (and around where I thought they would be) but look at the Canoe/Kayak Whitewater? :rolleyes: Isn't it a little full of itself? Thinking it'll sell out at 10,000?

And weighlifting at 5,000? Double :rolleyes: . I remember SF-2016's venue was only allowing for around 3,000.

Sent Chicago 2016 an e-mail, last week about their 4250 seat weighlifting venue.

Canoe/kayaking can sell out 10,000, especially in Europe.

It really depends on the city.

Weightlifting was a sold out event in Athens and the Hall was quite large.

I am not going to be overly strict on capacities. Think of your city and their needs - while basketball will fill halls in Hamburg, there may be less interest in Cairo - so having a 10,000 seat basketball venue is kind of besides the point in this case.

LOL _ basketball's about one of the few venues I can find in cairo _ I can't believe there's so little info around about venues in that city!!!

Archived