Bidindex 2016

they announced BidIndex would be released last Jan 24th. But at this time, no BidIndex.

I am asking about predictions for the first quotes.

Oh ok,

I think it will be like this.

Chicago 62.7

Tokyo 61.1

Madrid 61.0

Rio 59.4

Doha 55.9

Prague 50.3

Baku 38.8

• 3 weeks later...
Does it really matter this early in the race? The top 3 aren't separated by much points.

Well, it doesn't matter much... indeed.... but you guys failled in your predictions..... Rio scored 60,81 and is in the first place. Baron, you are such an artist... pretending you are happy with the results! Anyway... hope GamesBids index is right this time.

Go Rio!

Well, really, the top three bids are all soclose it's scary. No disrespect, but this doesn't tell us much we didn't already know. I am looking forward to watching the index!

No doubts about this.

This race seems to be exciting.

But I'm happy (as a carioca) to see Rio well-positioned in all rankings in the internet. It isn't official, but it is a trend.

Finally some numbers that show Chicago is not the front runner!

I am relieved now. Thank you.

I still think Chicago is the front runner. The only reason Rio is a little bit ahead of Chicago is because of that "New Frontier" aspect which is gaining steam.

I still think Chicago is the front runner. The only reason Rio is a little bit ahead of Chicago is because of that "New Frontier" aspect which is gaining steam.

That's possibly true, but then again bidindex takes it into consideratio as the votes of ioc members themselves do reflect that aspect sometimes. It's more a vote gauging tool than a sustainability gauging tool.

Finally some numbers that show Chicago is not the front runner!

I am relieved now. Thank you.

Well, Rio, Chicago and Tokyo are almost tied, so they (the 3 cities) are frontrunners.

ATR Index showed a similar ranking. We have not doubt this race is between Rio, Chicago, Tokyo and a little bit less Madrid.

Congrats to Rio

Anyway, on 2012 race Rio's lowest rate was 60.77 and maximum reached 62.22. Then, they failed the first IOC shortlist.

--BidIndex versus IOC--

2010- Vancouver won, not Salzburg

2012- London won, not Paris (Madrid, rated under Rio, got the bronze medal)

2014- PyeongChang for GB, but Sochi will host the Games

USOC 2012- New York was ranked 4ht, with Houston, Washington and San Francisco as front-runners...

Congrats to Rio

Anyway, on 2012 race Rio's lowest rate was 60.77 and maximum reached 62.22. Then, they failed the first IOC shortlist.

--BidIndex versus IOC--

2010- Vancouver won, not Salzburg

2012- London won, not Paris (Madrid, rated under Rio, got the bronze medal)

2014- PyeongChang for GB, but Sochi will host the Games

USOC 2012- New York was ranked 4ht, with Houston, Washington and San Francisco as front-runners...

Exactly, I wouldn't take the BidIndex that seriously. It's been proven wrong in its rankings in the past.

It's telling us something we obviously know though, Rio, Chicago, & Tokyo are the frontrunners. We already know this.

Hey guys, I was being a little sarcastic. Obviously, the three are pretty much tied. I was actually happy Rio got the top spot. So that we can go with the flow and say BidIndex was initially wrong again.

I still think Chicago will pull off a win in the end. Rio would be cool. But that can wait for another time, Chicago may never ever be in this position again (New York, San Fran or LA completely out of it).

Hey guys, I was being a little sarcastic. Obviously, the three are pretty much tied. I was actually happy Rio got the top spot. So that we can go with the flow and say BidIndex was initially wrong again.

I still think Chicago will pull off a win in the end. Rio would be cool. But that can wait for another time, Chicago may never ever be in this position again (New York, San Fran or LA completely out of it).

Just curious here, do you not think Chicago would be chosen again by the USOC if they lose 2016?

Congrats to Rio

On 2012 race, Rio's lowest rate was 60.77 and maximum reached 62.22. Then, they failed the first IOC shortlist.

Well, everybody (even the negative ones) got surprised with Rio's eliminiation in 2012 and I think BidIndex is good to show trends, not to be read as a prediction of the future...

Anyway, we believe Rio's bidbook - this time - is much better and realistic than 2012's one.

Could be the stars (which is their logo) are lining up for Chicago. The likely U.S. president come January 20, 2009 will be from Chicago -- so you know it will have Washington's fullest backing; the troops will hopefully be coming back from Irak; and there is always the appeal of a new occupant in the White House that folks like the IOC'ers like to have calling on them. GBMod, did you factor that in?

Yeah, but if McCain wins (which hopefully, he won't. But let's be realistic, his chances are good), I could see Chicago's chances at landing this thing considerately dwindle. He won't won't like Blair or even Putin for us, he would have the oppostite effect. All McCain is, is just another Bush & the international community would still view us negatively if he wins the White House.

Just curious here, do you not think Chicago would be chosen again by the USOC if they lose 2016?

I think it could very well be another U.S. city bidding for 2020 if Chicago does not pull out a victory. From what reports stated, the vote was close, and even Peter Ueberroth looked surprised/disappointed by the decision. So it could be LA for 2020, or another city - who knows what four years may bring.

Yeah, but if McCain wins (which hopefully, he won't. But let's be realistic, his chances are good), I could see Chicago's chances at landing this thing considerately dwindle. He won't won't like Blair or even Putin for us, he would have the oppostite effect. All McCain is, is just another Bush & the international community would still view us negatively if he wins the White House.

McCain stands no chance for winning the presidency (unless there is a serious terrorist attack between now and November). Right now the momentum is tilting to Obama over the Hillarator, but who knows what slimy Clinton politics will do to Obama in the next 15-20 delegate races. This election so far has showed us that anything can happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived